Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Oct-13-09, 10:55

Plan: Atkins/Meat & Egg
Stats: 218/159.2/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 71%
Default My 30 Day Shred Journey

Hey all! I'm Rachel and I want to journal my journey of the 30 day shred. Everyone is welcome to share their experiences right along with me.

Day 1 (October 10, 2009): Skipped right to level #2 (#1 was boring & didn't want to give up) A lot more challenging. Walking pushups? WHAT?!
Day 2 (October 12, 2009): I will be skipping Sundays. Abs sore from two days ago & couldn't do the walking pushups, still sore.
Day 3 (October 13, 2009): Feeling stronger. Did walking pushups. The things where you jump from plank position is SO hard. Cannot do them. Have to do the "sissy" way.

Look forward to completing this!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Oct-13-09, 11:29
Diet Cokeaholic

Plan: Whole foods moderation
Stats: 221/215/150 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

Hey! I just happened to catch the title of this thread and wanted to let you know that I'm on Day 18 of the 30-Day Shred as well. I'm not in great shape and I'm still on level one, but so far I am loving it. I chronicle every day of workouts in my journal if you want to stop by.

Best of luck with it! I've found it to be an excellent workout.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Oct-13-09, 12:35

BF:

cool! How's it all going? We should buddy up. I know i'm behind, but you're prolly on level 2 right?
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Oct-14-09, 12:36

BF:

Day 1 (October 10, 2009): Skipped right to level #2 (#1 was boring & didn't want to give up) A lot more challenging. Walking pushups? WHAT?!
Day 2 (October 12, 2009)*155: I will be skipping Sundays. Abs sore from two days ago & couldn't do the walking pushups, still sore.
Day 3 (October 13, 2009): Feeling stronger. Did walking pushups. The things where you jump from plank position is SO hard. Cannot do them. Have to do the "sissy" way.
Day 4 (October 14, 2009)*154.4: Only gave 75% today, it took all i had to finish!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Oct-27-09, 11:22
Diet Cokeaholic

Plan: Whole foods moderation
Stats: 221/215/150 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

I spent about three weeks on level one...I am/was in seriously bad shape. Have been on level two about a week and a half now, and wow. The walk-out pushups and the squat-thrusts just KILL ME. So many moves in plank position get my shoulders burning, too.

I haven't weighed since I started the Shred on October 1. My monthly weigh-in is coming up on this Friday...I'm anxious to see how it goes. My eating has been good but not perfect and I am a NOTORIOUSLY slow loser, so I'm preparing myself not to see a change on the scale. But I have definitely started seeing a change in my body shape and that's more important to me at this point!
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Oct-27-09, 11:36
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 209/194/145 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 23%

Hi there...
I was just looking thru the new posts and found yours! I love the sounds of this 30 day shred...where do I find this? Would love to join ya!
Thanks
Dana
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Oct-27-09, 13:52

BF:

Hilary, well i think the regular pushups are harder! Weird I know.
So as you know I skipped level 1, finished level 2 Sunday (whew, love that level) and now I'm doing level 1, lol. Backwards I know, but my friend just bought it so i'm starting with her. I'll do level 1 for 10 days, then level 2 for ten *again* then move onto level 3.

YOu can get it on ebay or amazon for around $8
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Nov-20-09, 10:39
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 208/201/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 10%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella_meow
So as you know I skipped level 1, finished level 2 Sunday (whew, love that level) and now I'm doing level 1, lol. Backwards I know, but my friend just bought it so i'm starting with her. I'll do level 1 for 10 days, then level 2 for ten *again* then move onto level 3.

wow! You are an inspiration for sure. I can hardly get through level 1 each day, can't even think about level 2 right now. Best wishes to you and thanks for this thread.
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Jan-07-10, 15:59

Plan: South Beachy/ My Plan
Stats: 206/159.0/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 77%

Love 30 Day Shred!
I started out on Level 2 thinking I was in somewhat of good shape and it kicked my butt!
I used to sweat like that after a 45 min video of Leslie Sansone's and this is half the time! Love it!
Sorrrrreeeeeee today though, can't wait to do it again!
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Jan-13-10, 12:53
Induction ≠ Atkins

Stats: 270/164/180 Female 69 inches
BF:28%
Progress: 118%

I saw a few threads on this, and had to order it! Hoping it'll get here quickly

For those who are doing it - are there any things you need (I saw weights, which I have)? I have 1, 3, and 5 lbs hand weights and then a 1lb kettlebell. I also have a big balance ball.
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Jan-13-10, 12:59

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by krystalr
I saw a few threads on this, and had to order it! Hoping it'll get here quickly

For those who are doing it - are there any things you need (I saw weights, which I have)? I have 1, 3, and 5 lbs hand weights and then a 1lb kettlebell. I also have a big balance ball.

You will not be disappointed by this DVD, I was looking at the reviews on Amazon earlier and mostly all are 5 stars. I have been doing this dvd for 6 days and already feel a difference!

You just need the hand weights and a mat if you are going to work out on a hard surface. I use 3lbs hand weights but definitely see what you can do.
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Jan-13-10, 13:06
Induction ≠ Atkins

Awesome! (And what a speedy reply!)

I'll be doing this in the bedroom, and we have a nice, thick carpet in there, so I think I should be good. If not, I've got a mat *somewhere* I've done pilates without issue, so I should hopefully be good to go!

I'm at a point where I've lost a good chunk of what I want, and I really want to focus on toning up. I can't wait to get started!

The people at my work are doing a body fat challenge that I am trying to join (I wish it started 3 months ago!!!!). The prize is up to $700...it's incentive to step my game up another notch and then go on a mega shopping spree!
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Jan-13-10, 13:09

BF:

Quote:
Awesome! (And what a speedy reply!)

I'll be doing this in the bedroom, and we have a nice, thick carpet in there, so I think I should be good. If not, I've got a mat *somewhere* I've done pilates without issue, so I should hopefully be good to go!

I'm at a point where I've lost a good chunk of what I want, and I really want to focus on toning up. I can't wait to get started!

The people at my work are doing a body fat challenge that I am trying to join (I wish it started 3 months ago!!!!). The prize is up to $700...it's incentive to step my game up another notch and then go on a mega shopping spree!

I have a job that requires me to be at my computer for a good 7 hours, 5 days a week so any contact to the outside world is nice! LoL. Hence the speedy reply...

Shopping sprees are the best reward for losing!
You definitely have lost a good chunk, congrats! Very inspiring!
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Jan-13-10, 13:18
Induction ≠ Atkins

Ha! Me too. Can ya tell?

I'm getting there. I'm on track to hit -50 in the next week or so, and hopefully hit my -60 before too long. Once there, I want to lose 15 more. I'm on week 11, so I'm making some decent progress.

I tell ya, I wanna whoop my coworkers butts! They all know I've been losing, so nobody told me about the darn challenge! RUDE! That's because they're SCARED! :P It started last Monday, but I'm hoping I'm not too late to get in on it. The way I see it, nobody should care, they got a 10 day head start!
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Jan-18-10, 01:28

Stats: 191/174/150 Female 72" (6 ft)
BF:
Progress: 41%

I ordered the 30 day shred DVD! And as soon as I get it I will come and tell everyone how it kicked my butt!