Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, Mar-25-11, 11:19

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 156/118/120 Female 65 inches
BF:36%/22%/18%
Progress: 106%

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallmeAnn
Is the 30-Day Low Carb solution part of PPLP? I loaned out my copy before I read it and can't remember to whom.
I am getting the 6 week cure. I hope I can make it on the shakes.

The 30-Day Low Carb Solution is separate, and I think it may have come out after PPLP, but I'm not 100% sure of it. You might try looking on eBay for another copy. I got my PPLP book on eBay for less than $5 and it was like brand new.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Apr-14-11, 09:08

Plan: My own
Stats: 211/190/141 Female 170 cm
BF:
Progress: 30%

Hello! I found a copy of the first "Protein Power" book at a secondhand bookshop and read it avidly. Although I'm not exactly doing that plan (the food seems too foreign to me) there's one thing I have put into practice: having the adequate quantity of complete protein at every meal. I've even become obssessed with counting protein grams.

After reading PP I am aware of oh how wrong how very wrong was the way I have been eating all these years.

Last edited by Girasol : Thu, Apr-14-11 at 09:25.
  #18   ^
Old Sun, May-08-11, 08:00

Stats: 326/275/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 22%

I think you need to read PP and then you can use the Low Carb Solution for stalls and such. I am rereading PP today and getting back on the bandwagon!
  #19   ^
Old Sun, May-08-11, 17:22

Plan: PP/PPLP
Stats: 150/140/140 Male 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

I always tell people that they should get BOTH Protein Power AND Protein Power Lifeplan, and read them in that order.

PP came out in 1995 and PPLP in 2000. The emphasis in PP is doing the diet, which is what the publisher wanted according to Dr. Mike. Whereas PPLP is more like a text book, where the science behind PP is told so you can understand the WHY behind their diet. PP had about 450 references, many top tier journals and PPLP about the same. BUT, about half of the PPLP references were published between 1995 and 2000, so the Drs. Eades incorporated NEW research in writing PPLP.
  #20   ^
Old Mon, May-09-11, 05:53

Stats: 326/275/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 22%

I'm doing it! I just reread it and I'm off! I can't wait to say goodbye to the pounds!