Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Emotional Issues & Body Image
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Jun-22-09, 11:29
Registered Member

Plan: low carb/ paleo / GAPS
Stats: 213/213/121 Female 174 cm
BF:
Progress: 0%

hey sky

i see you only made 15 posts, i think to be able to pm you have to have at least 25.

i so can relate with food being comforting. i mean, i know what stress can do. i too have some emotionally tough times going on.
it is really hard for me to focus on eating plan and be strong at the same time. but i need to be strong for me and for others who need me now (sickness in family).

and whenever i binge i feel tired, bloated and without energy. so im always thinking that when i eat good, i feel good and am able to take care about my mum and so on...

therefore i cant afford to find comfort in food. id rather go hungry (and maybe be slightly nervous) - but then, when the urge is over, i can enjoy some reasonable meal.

and one thing i learned - dont beat yourself up when you slip off. you can always do better next time. take care and let us know how you re doing.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Jun-22-09, 12:29
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 150/130/110 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

mahout, thank you so much for your compassion... i try to think of it in the healthy way that you do - that giving in is only going to hurt me (and in my case, it doesn't do a thing to the one who's causing me so much pain, it only hurts me...). my heart is going out to you, having to carry such metaphorical weight on your shoulders... if you ever need someone to share with, please - as soon as i'm allowed! - talk to me... and meanwhile, i had better keep posting so maybe soon i'll be allowed to pm. FOXY, i'm working on it!
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Jun-22-09, 13:25
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 212/188/170 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 57%

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteskyblu
dear foxy, i want to email or pm you but, i can't figure out how ...are we allowed to contact each other? i don't want to break any rules but i do want to talk to you ...in case i'm never able to get in touch ...there's so much more i want to say, but... thank you, from the bottom of my heart... that's all i can say... i'll be here in case you write back-- ~*blu*~

You are very welcome, darlin'! I am here anytime you want to talk. We cannot PM yet because you don't have 25 posts. It will come soon enough, trust me. LOL. Until then, feel free to just talk on here. Within a few days we should be able to PM each other!

Foxy
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Jun-22-09, 14:14
Registered Member

BF:

nothing like forced conversation to help bump up my posting quotient, i say! ...ugh, ugh, uh! how many posts is that, now... only NINE left to go! lol
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Jun-24-09, 01:28
Registered Member

Stats: 212/188/170 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 57%

I know what you mean!

Foxy
  #21   ^
Old Wed, Jul-01-09, 18:19

Plan: Gluten free wholefoods
Stats: 173/145/147 Female 5"4.5 inches
BF:37/?/25
Progress: 108%

I am so sorry to hear you are going through this. Naturally you seek comfort of some kind. I used to work with women fleeing abusive relationships so I know all about how tough it can be. However, there are organisations out there that can help. You don't need a car or money or anything. They exist solely to help you get your life back. Do you have access to a phone from which you could call a hotline? In a while we can pm and I can give you info on places in your area that can help.
  #22   ^
Old Thu, Jul-02-09, 00:26

Plan: Moderate Carb...
Stats: 235/195/140 Female 5'3
BF:HELP!!!
Progress: 42%

I'm sorry you are having such a difficult time. I'm an emotional eater so I can relate...exercise has helped me to cope lately and eating more meals a day... However, if you are in an abusive relationship the only answer is to get out, seek outside help, please!

Best wishes,

TJ
  #23   ^
Old Sun, Jul-26-09, 18:03
Registered Member

BF:

though i seem to've disappeared, i was away on a somewhat forced vacation ...i'm back and i'm still not allowed to email anyone so, i'm sadly bumping this thread in hopes that i can get closer to the requirement... i really need to talk to someone
  #24   ^
Old Sun, Jul-26-09, 18:07
Registered Member

BF:

i didn't even know anyone new had posted here since my last time... scarlet, thanks to you too... it's so funny that we should meet because, not only were you reaching out to me, but... i also have the symptoms of hashimoto's and hope to be well someday ...right now i'm just hanging on...
  #25   ^
Old Sat, Aug-01-09, 16:33
Registered Member

BF:

*shy* i don't know if anyone reads this thread anymore, but i'm sadly bumping it again, trying to reach the req of posts so that i can send msgs ...i really need a friend if anyone's out there, please write back...
  #26   ^
Old Sat, Aug-01-09, 17:35
Registered Member

Stats: 270/270/175 Female 5'
BF:
Progress:

I deal with the same thing. I am alone too much and One of the few things I can talk to is my cat.

Barb
  #27   ^
Old Sat, Aug-01-09, 19:29
Registered Member

BF:

hi fancykat ...thank you soooo much for replying... sadly, my problem isn't so much that i'm alone---i dunno if you read about what's going on with me, but... things are really bad at home... and i wish i could alone /at home/, wish there could be some relief... and just writing about it out on a (msg)board feels so detached ...oh when will the restriction end? (i know, 5 more posts...)
...hey, fancy? i want to tell you that you're not alone annnnymore - *e-hug* - as soon as i'm allowed to email, if you want we can get to know each other...
  #28   ^
Old Sun, Aug-02-09, 05:43

Plan: Gluten free wholefoods
Stats: 173/145/147 Female 5"4.5 inches
BF:37/?/25
Progress: 108%

To help your post numbers go up could you tell us a bit about your situation. Is it your partner that is abusive to you? Do you live in an isolated area or does he allow you out sometimes?
Big hugs!
  #29   ^
Old Sun, Aug-02-09, 14:21
Registered Member

Stats: 270/270/175 Female 5'
BF:
Progress:

Hi! Back!

I been there in some ways. I no longer live with abuse but one can get it in other ways. Like I been dealing with a neighbor who has a cat, feeds birds and has a garden. They came over threatening to kill my cat twice. Not just mine but the one in the back building. I wanted to do myself in this morning as I was so upset.

I instead went and made a police report and I called the SPCA and I am told to call them in the morning. I checked and there is no local laws about controlling cats in this area. So you can get abuse in other ways as well.

I went to buy some things at the store I need and I have noted chocolate has been my down fall and I read recently that they did research and when we are like we are a certain part of the brain lights up so we eat more to feel better. So it is very hard to stop doing that. I was thinking today I should not buy any chocolate at all for I am on a big stall and probably for that reason.

I do have a son but he is busy working. I did talk to one friend and she made me aware there is no laws on cats.

I am not a mean person but I sure don't want those people cutting through my area carrying cases of booze so I put flowers all along the path right in front of my door that they do this on.

Frankly I have been wanting to move out of here badly but due to costs and fear of my own I am still here.

I have broken no laws and they are being nasty and I let them ruin my day.

But I do know about eating when unhappy. I don't do it a lot but enough that I don't reduce my weight. I don't go eat tons' of this and that.

I just get a chocolate bar here and there. It has been very dark chocolate for the most part though. I am thinking like they say here don't do it at all.

It is better to put flowers so they boozers can't go through your area and get a camera and music and go for a walk to take in more spiritual happiness and work to change one's situation.

I am going to move but not sure when. My son wanted to charge me 20 bucks for taking care of my cat. He owes me so much it is not funny. So I kept my cat and she will for now be a window cat.

I have to find a place to move and maybe it would be nice if I was brave enough and have enough money to move where it does not get as cold in winter.

See one has to do something about what situation one is in and I have not done a lot for I get afraid.

Barb

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteskyblu
hi fancykat ...thank you soooo much for replying... sadly, my problem isn't so much that i'm alone---i dunno if you read about what's going on with me, but... things are really bad at home... and i wish i could alone /at home/, wish there could be some relief... and just writing about it out on a (msg)board feels so detached ...oh when will the restriction end? (i know, 5 more posts...)
...hey, fancy? i want to tell you that you're not alone annnnymore - *e-hug* - as soon as i'm allowed to email, if you want we can get to know each other...
  #30   ^
Old Thu, Aug-06-09, 05:39

Plan: carb addict
Stats: 192/188/145 Female 5 feet 1 inch
BF:
Progress:

I may be WAY off base and enabling ( pls set me straight if I am), but since your safety and health see to be at such risk right now, I wonder if instead of fighting against a piece candy, you might use some of that energy to get yourself to a safer place and situation. If your bf broke up with you, you broke a nail, you got a bad grade, I might say,"These are the challenges we must learn to face without food..." But I am worried for you. Since you have access to the computer and some degree of privacy, I wonder if you could search for help in your area. If you can't maybe a buddy on line could do it for you. Once you are physically safe and have support, you may find it less of a struggle to look at the food issues.
Please keep posting and let us know how you are doing.