Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Advanced/High Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Thu, May-14-09, 10:02

Plan: LC/1700cal
Stats: 150/128/120 Female 5'6 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 73%

I'd say about 2 weeks- my thighs and stomach got tighter pretty quick.

I'll try to dig up a pic and post it....I know the Husband took a couple for me back then.
Lately I've been doing cardio and moderate heavy lifting but have been worn out, my job is a stressful mess and I just want to go home and sleep- I think a good caffeine pill may be the kick in the ass I need to get motivated again....
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Mon, May-18-09, 11:59

Plan: Paleo-ish general LC
Stats: 151/119/118 Female 64 in
BF:
Progress: 97%

Hey Mattie, how are you doin? Just to bump up the thread a bit and like one poster asked, I'm curious where you buy it ('cause you got me interested in using it again). Is it the pure form or the herbal form ? I know you can get the pills in convenience stores and such (I always felt kinda dirty buying them there, for some reason).
  #33   ^
Old Mon, May-18-09, 12:17

Plan: low carb, carb cycling
Stats: 160/121/125 Female 65.5 inches
BF:under 10
Progress: 111%

hey there! im doing well, still liking the stack. im due for a tom any freakin day now, so its hard to say if im much smaller, because i dont know about you girls, but get friggin BLOATED during my tom. makes me so mad! but scott says he can totally tell a difference. ive upped the dose a bit, right now i have 16 E and 200 C twice a day (once when i get up and one 4.5 hours later) and then 16 more E 4.5 hours after that. ( i dont do any caffeine on the 3rd dose, id be up all night!)

i LOVE the appetite suppressive quality of these...as i mentioned before, that was my big problem: i didnt have any trouble eating low carb, but i would have like, 2750 calories a day. ugh. as it turns out, when your this close to goal, that just doesnt fly. so now i get about 1300-1700, somewhere in there. im perfectly comfortable with that amount

im not sure where he got it, i keep forgetting to ask him...ill write myself a note hes at work now or i would call him. and i think its the pure form, ephedrine hcl (i think the other is ephedrine sulfite, or something?)

ive also been carb cycling in addition to this, it going very well...
  #34   ^
Old Wed, May-20-09, 01:20

Plan: Zone
Stats: 255/242/230 Male 75 inches (6'3")
BF:21%/15%/8%
Progress: 52%

Love the EC stack, I've always been a fan.

Like others have said here, it does work ... and you must be very rigid with how long you take it, and also with the "weaning off"/stepping down process.

When used as a tool to help give that extra kick to blast off a few stubborn pounds, I put it at the top of my list.
  #35   ^
Old Wed, May-20-09, 13:18

Plan: ProteinPowerLifePlan w/IF
Stats: 166/143/135 Female 62.5
BF:
Progress: 74%

Wow! TrainerDan!
I remember you from some time back!
  #36   ^
Old Thu, Jun-18-09, 17:22

Plan: south beach ish
Stats: 150/145/135 Male 5"4
BF:
Progress:

hey i'm new here, but i took the ec stack for about three weeks and am off it now, although i have to say it was cheaper and more effective than any commercial thermogenic or stimulant. I took that with an ecgc concentrate, megadoses of fish oil, and as a synergistic combo - it's great. if anyone here still isn't taking fish oil, i would definitely recommend it just as much as the ec stack(from what i know, they work via different methods so they're perfect to use together).
  #37   ^
Old Mon, Jul-13-09, 12:15

hey all, thought id ressurrect this ec thread.

i am nearing the end of a 12 week cycle on ephedrine + caffeine. overall, i liked this alot. it got me over a plateau, along with the carb cycling that i started at the same time.

i am now "weening" off of this, my dose got up to 3/1 +3/1 +2, now i am doing 2/.5 + 2/.5 + 2, and ill go down from there.

ill post some pics soon, i have alot of before and afters on my phone, just need to email them to myself....

#38   ^
Old Mon, Jul-13-09, 13:34

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 316/275/260 Female 5'11''
BF:
Progress: 73%

I use an ECA stack, I do 3 weeks on, 1 week off. It helps.
  #39   ^
Old Wed, Aug-05-09, 22:09

thought id ressurect this thread because i was curious...for those of you who took this stack, how many mg of ephedrine were you taking per day? im especially curious about you girls...

thanks...
  #40   ^
Old Thu, Aug-06-09, 09:19
Bouncy!

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 297/173.3/150 Female 5'7" (top weight 340)
BF:41%/31%/??%
Progress: 84%

Mattie, the recommended dosage is 20g of ephedrine, 200g of caffeine, up to 3x a day - max. It's suggested that if you aren't a regular user of the EC stack that you start at half dosage, once a day and build up to the full dosage slowly.
  #41   ^
Old Thu, Aug-06-09, 12:08

ok, so im not that far off. our ephedrine pills are 8 mg, and ive been taking 3 of those 3 times a day, thus equalling 72 mg. might be a bit much then. on the weekends, i probably only get 48 mg per day.

i havent been taking the caffeine with them, but maybe drinking a cup of coffee instead...the 200 mg caffeine pills are just too much for me, they make me feel horrible. i wonder how effective the ephedrine is with out the caffeine?

thanks for your reply!
  #42   ^
Old Thu, Aug-06-09, 13:06
Bouncy!

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 297/173.3/150 Female 5'7" (top weight 340)
BF:41%/31%/??%
Progress: 84%

I'd use your judgement on the caffeine. If 200mg is too much, then try 1/2 a pill or a cup of coffee (estimating 100mg per cup).

The ephedrine won't lose all effectiveness without the caffeine, but they are supposed to be better in that 10:1 ratio.

I've also heard of people taking 1/2 doses more often. So if 200mg of caffeine is too much for you, try taking 8mg of E & 100 mg of C five or six times a day instead.
  #43   ^
Old Thu, Aug-06-09, 14:20

BF:

I never tried taking the 20 mg more than once a day (this was Ripped Fuel - oh how I miss thee). Couldn't imagine how hyperactive that would have made me! Well more power to you guys that can!
  #44   ^
Old Thu, Aug-06-09, 14:22

BF:

Also wanted to add how I'm impressed no-one's jumped to chastise the OP. I supported ephedrine once on another LC message board years ago and even with all the cautions I gave I still got flamed.
  #45   ^
Old Thu, Aug-06-09, 14:47

val, thats intersting, i might try that! seems like that would be constant fat burning too, as i understand ephedrine has a half life of only about 4 hours....?

i like mice, i know, right? i will say tho, i do get chastised a hell of a lot by my friends, co workers, etc. i always tell them the same thing: read up on it like i did, and then make judgements. try to educate yourselves! grrr.