Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Mar-01-09, 20:23
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 224/215/175 Female 5 foot 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 18%
Default Looking for some atkins pals!!!

hello! this is my second round on atkins since before i had a baby! the first time i lost 19 pounds and loved it! i got to eat and lose weight! after my son was born i got right back to my pre-pregnant weight by breatfeeding, so that was nice!

now i need to get healthy and stay that way so i am looking for atkins friends to share the journey with.

a little bit about myself:
married
2 boys: 10 and 1
live in south dakota....(brrrrrrrr right now)
31 years old
problems areas: have always been bigger on top.....chest and stomach
i am a size 16/18 on top and 14 on bottom.

hope to meet lots of people in the same boat as me, the weight loss boat, to check in with!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Mar-01-09, 20:34

Plan: lc my way
Stats: 285/207.6/170 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 67%

hello and welcome. I am not really doing atkins, but can always use a friend. I am a working mom of 3. boy age 7 gilr age 6 and boy age 5. been marrid 8 1/2 years. Been together longer than that. I live in oklahoma, and brrrrrr its cold here this weekend too. Probably not as cold as you are but cold for us
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Mar-01-09, 22:48

Stats: 230/198/150 Female 5 feet 9 inches
BF:
Progress: 40%

Hello! welcome!

I am in the same boat as you! I have done Atkins before and lost all the weight, only to gain it all back. It totally sucks but here I am again.

I have not bought any new pants so I am still in the 14/16 constantly pulling them up. I am not buying a new belt either. I have a ton in he closet that will hopefully eventually fit.

I am in a a rut right now, so I have been cutting back pretty much everything. It seems like I am down to losing 5 pounds a month. I am not happy about that, lol. The first time was so easier, it fell right off while i sat on the couch and watched TV, lol. This time I am actually having to work at it.

I have 4 kids ranging from 16 to 7. I am 34 going on 93 tonight ( well it feels that way)

So welcome, I can always use someone to check in with!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Mar-02-09, 00:53

Plan: Kwasniewski Optimal Diet
Stats: 284/171/115 Female 5feet, 1+3/4inches
BF:Everywhere!
Progress: 67%
Smile

Welcome Noell!!

It's great you're doing this again, many of us are. Everything takes practice . I'm currently on Induction, too. I know what you mean about the weight just falling off while you sat on the couch last time, and having to actually work on it this time, I'm right there with ya, girl!!

This forum is great for support and motivation. You are welcome to stop by my journal anytime.

We're all on this journey together!

Have fun!!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Mar-05-09, 13:03

Plan: induction
Stats: 183/176/125 Female 5'1
BF:
Progress:
Unhappy Hello There!

I am starting atkins after trying the induction phase about 3 times. I keep it up for a few days then come the weekend I splurge a bit!!
I am the only one on this diet so it makes it hard when husband and daughter are eating yummie foods that I just can't ignore...

I think it would be easier for me if I had someone else that I could converse with that have the same goals as I, perhaps I will stay motiviated and contine my struggle with losing weight.

My weight came on after my second baby which was born 02/12/07 and I have only lost about 20 pounds and have about 40 more to go...

I have been on induction now for a week and have no cheated, with the exceptoin of the low carb ice cream.

Please let me know if you wouldn't mind doing this together, I really think it would help me..

Thank you,

Cyntiha
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Mar-07-09, 22:07
Registered Member

BF:

hi cynthia,

i am on week 3 and down 7 and a half pounds. i have been doin good except for having a few drinks the other night which some say alcohol slows things down.

induction is hard to get going. i had a tuff time with the induction "flu symptoms" that i got. but i stuck it out and it was only a little over a day.

its hard to cook something for my husband and boys for supper every night and not be able to eat all the same things....so i know how u feel!!! resist! resist! i tell myself! especially because my husband and oldest boy hate veggies! so i usually have whatever meat i make and a salad or cheesy grean beans or such. at least i can be full. when i am starving is when i crack and wanna grab the big bag-o-Doritos! lol!

sometimes i think how ironic it is that i am a carb-addict and trying to do atkins!! ha ha ha! but i have some it before and it DOES work and i feel so much better! i have energy and i feel better about the lean meats and healthy veggies i am eating. but sometimes its hard to forget how good french fries taste! lol!

2mrw is a new week! we can do it! keep in touch!
Jen
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Mar-08-09, 00:06

Stats: 230/198/150 Female 5 feet 9 inches
BF:
Progress: 40%

It has been rough! Sometimes I just get so frustrated that it is not falling off like last time! But, it will happen. I have been doing good for days and days until tonight! I ate some sugar free chocolate syrup and some sugar free chocolte candy, oh and some chocolate soy milk.

Now I feel like crap! I just cant wait until about three hours from now when I wake up and my tummy is killing me! I am sure my hubby will be pleased also , lol.

I have no idea what my problem was , maybe I was bored, maybe I am tired of watching everyone else eat chocolate covered bananas, bread, you name it, they eat it.

Oh well, tomorrow is a new day!

I have to look at it positively, it could have been worse, at least I did not eat anything that was sugar or flour. So I guess my binges are getting better.

I tried those mock mash potatoes last night and YUCK

Well hope fully we all can pull together and get through this, for happier, healthier times
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Mar-08-09, 17:52

Plan: quasi paleo + starch
Stats: 153/148/118 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 14%

Hi there!

You'll find LOTS of Atkins pals around here; here's a couple links for you:

ATKINS DIET FORUM

http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdis...daysprune=&f=98

MESSAGETHREAD: 1972 Atkin's Nostalgia Dieting Buddies Group #2
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=386471
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Mar-08-09, 20:06

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 183/169/160 Female 5'6"
BF:yes, lots!
Progress: 61%

Hi, mind if I join? I have a weightloss group that I'm working with online, but they are not getting the lowcarb thing, so I really need to have regular discussions with like-minded people .
I am 37, no kids, but a BF who is often like a child . I have done Atkins before with great success...actually made it to within 10 pounds of goal weight, but once I got that close, I would sabotage myself. I am determined that 2009 will be my year to make it happen.
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Mar-08-09, 20:20

Plan: quasi paleo + starch
Stats: 153/148/118 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 14%

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbrat423
Hi, mind if I join? I have a weightloss group that I'm working with online, but they are not getting the lowcarb thing, so I really need to have regular discussions with like-minded people .
I am 37, no kids, but a BF who is often like a child . I have done Atkins before with great success...actually made it to within 10 pounds of goal weight, but once I got that close, I would sabotage myself. I am determined that 2009 will be my year to make it happen.

Everyone can join!!

The MORE the MERRIER!

Be sure to check out the Journals Forum, too -- and begin your own journal, and you'll meet plenty of others with your same interests. Lots of great recipes in the personal journals, too.

There is so much misinformation about LC-ing, it's really a shame.
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Mar-08-09, 21:47
What a good girl!!!

Plan: my own
Stats: 195.8/165.0/138 Female 62.5 inches
BF:Getting Rid of IT!
Progress: 53%

Welcome everyone!!!!

Lots of you are doing it for the 2nd time. ME TOO. And yes, it is harder to begin with but I didn't have this forum the first time. NOW it makes it much better. It seems to be working. I would say get a journal going. You can keep it like a diary and it's really good to go back and read what you were like in the beginning and what you will be like in 6 months. Also, you can chat with everyone.

I am a little older than all you lucky girls in your 30s. Just turned the big 40 but I never tell anyone that I meet that I am. LOL. I have been married for almost 6 years. I have no kids but 2 adorable nieces and I have one really big, hairy dog named Lady. I usually put her picture up for my avatar but St. Patty's day beat her out this month. LOL.

I have to say that I wanted to die the first few weeks doing this. But something told me that if I didn't I was going to get to a weight I felt like I would never get out of. I hated going shopping. Would never buy clothes. It just came on me so slowly but so quickly at the same time. My denial was so HUGE.

After I got the swing of it and made some of my best friends here, I really get it now. It's not "I can't eat this anymore." It's more, look what we invented that is really awesome. You start liking stuff you never did before.

Now I have to feel bad for some of you that have husbands and kids that eat the carbs. My DH went on this with me the same day July 21, 2008. He has lost 53 lbs and is in a 32 pant size. That's a miracle. But the down side for me is that he is a guy and can eat lots more carbs and calories than me. I have to measure and plan and he really doesn't have to. That's hard sometimes.

I think you guys will all do great. You have the right idea, you have the tools and you have this forum that is such an awesome resource for recipes and friends and information.

Come on over to my journal and say HI. I am up here in Chicago. It's usually cold but we have had weird weather but it's supposed to get cold here again soon. Watch out for all the ones in the warm states. They love to tell you the weather. LOL.

Good luck to ALL!!!

Lisa
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Mar-10-09, 08:44
Registered Member

BF:

welcome to all!!! i am still on 7 pounds...hoping for whoosh this week! a cpl pounds at least! we r goin on vacation friday so i am gonna try to resist temptation!!
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Mar-10-09, 19:58

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 258/258/170 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 0%

yes, pals are always good!! The more inspiration, and motivation the better. Good luck!!
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Mar-13-09, 11:34

Plan: induction
Stats: 183/176/125 Female 5'1
BF:
Progress:
Angry

Current weight - 161.5 Goal Weight 130

Hello Again!

Ok I have been doing really well after falling off the wagon last weekend and had lost a total of 7 pounds this far. It's really hard for me to stay on when my DH and DD are not part of this diet and we are always on the run with a 2 year old on the weekends. Anyhow, got back on and lost the 7 pounds and all was well till last night.. Had a Porterhouse steak and few veggies and a Hansans drink. Had bought these drinks before which have 0 carbs, sugar, etc.. but this time bought a new flavor. My DH asked for a drink after practically all was gone and said, How come your drinking so many carbs today?? My faced turned BRIGHT RED and heart sank!!! Thought he was kidding... I looked at the can... and it said... 39 G of CARBS and 39 G of SUGAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was so disappointed in myself... Still trying to shake that off..
Lesson to this is too, READ all labels at all times..

Good thing is my weight stayed the same, totally tried to flush myself out with water last night, lol!

Well, its the weeked and every weekend I try and try to stay on induction, Perhaps this weekend and moving forward I can....
**Fingers Crossed**

GOOD LUCK ALL!!

Cynthia

I really love reading these posts and there is so much encouragement here! Thank you all!!

If anyone wants to email me directly, say as a Atkins pal, please do: Austinsmommy2009~blackberry.net

Last edited by 1cynthiag : Fri, Mar-13-09 at 12:11.
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Mar-13-09, 11:53

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 208/203.6/170 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 12%

Hi!!

Wow, we are basically the same age (I'll be 31 this month)... We pretty much started at the same weight and have the same goal! I started at 206 and want to get down to somewhere b/t 160 and 170 (for now Once I reach that goal, I will most likely keep going! I just need to feel like I've reached a goal, ya' know... No kids yet... But just got married a few months ago

April 1 will be my one year anniversary on Atkins... and i plan on having MANY, MANY more anniversaries! i love this WOL. I will not go back! It's been a saving grace for myself and my DH. I plan on raising my children (when I have them) on a LC life. I also try to sell it to the ppl I love. Doesn't always work though! ha, ha. I don't think it's so much about them feeling it's unhealthy, I actually think I and my husband have sold them on the lifestyle,.. It's more about the fact that many ppl I know don't cook or they are super picky eaters and can't stand fatty stuff.

Anyway, welcome aboard!!! Best of luck to you!