Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Main dishes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-09, 12:39

Plan: VLC/Carnivore
Stats: 369/301/299 Female 5'9"
BF:too much.
Progress: 97%
Default sensational chicken wing salad

was watching FoodTV the other day, and 'chef at home' with Michael Smith had this wicked chicken wing salad...so this recipe, which I adapted for low carb is based on that! this recipe is for 1 person (ME!) but could be doubled or tripled easily.

1 or 2 boneless chicken breasts or thighs
salt & pepper
2 Tbsps butter
hot sauce to taste (I like tabasco...it's pretty low carb)
1 cup of romaine lettuce, shredded
1 rib of celery, sliced
1 Tbsp sour cream/1 Tbsp cream/1 oz of real Danish blue cheese OR 2 Tbsp of blue cheese/ranch dressing + 1 oz monterey jack cheese

Dice the chicken into bite size pieces and salt & pepper generously. Melt one Tbsp of the butter in a fry pan, saute the chicken until golden and cooked through. Add the remaining butter after removing the pan from the heat and add as many dashes of hot sauce as you would like.

Meanwhile, prepare the green ingredients in a bowl. Crumble the blue cheese over the salad part. Mix together,in a different small bowl, the sour cream and cream to form a loose, creamy dressing.

Top the salad and cheese with the (still warm) chicken chunks. Drizzle the dressing over the top....delish!!!!!

If you don't like blue cheese, you can omit the homemade dressing and top with 1 oz monterey jack (use the one with the pepper flakes in it if you dare) and 2 tbsp of commercial ranch dressing. Delish this way, too!!!!!
Sponsored Links