Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jan-09-09, 21:50

Plan:
Stats: 290/191/170 Male 74 inches
BF:
Progress: 83%
Talking Got surgery

So as I lost more and more weight, I saw that my man boobs weren't going away. In fact, they just became more noticeable as everything around them got smaller. I got put on a waiting list for surgery to get rid of 'em almost a year ago. Was told in September that my appointment for a consult was in December. About a week and a half after my consult I was phoned saying that there was a spot that opened up for surgery and if I wanted it I could have it. January 8th. I jumped on the opportunity and yesterday got the surgery. Today I saw the results for the first time and was so happy. My nipples are innies right now but they never were too perky. I'm now wearing a compression garment instead of bandages and I can't wait for the swelling to go down so I can see the end results. I'm so happy.

Now, I'll be able to lose weight and get to where I want my body to be. I won't look weirder as I lose more weight. I am so happy.

PS: Morphine did not work very well for me. Tylenol 3 on the other hand .
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jan-10-09, 01:43

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 207/190/145 Female 5.2
BF:restart 4/24/09
Progress: 27%

Congrats to you for your successful weight loss so far! I'm allergic to morphine, so it wouldn't work for me either. I also can't take Tylenol. I'm sure there's other meds for the surgery though when I'm ready to get rid of the pouch that won't go away without surgery. I'm waiting for some more weight loss before I do it and then it's tummy tuck and boob lift job time!
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jan-10-09, 04:07
Scottish Flower

Plan: Lighter Life
Stats: 210/171/145 Female 5ft 3 1/2
BF:no i'm married :)
Progress: 60%

Hey David

Congrats on the surgery, when the swelling has gone down be sure to post the positive changes you notice.

I had breast reduction surgery last year and it is one of the best decisions i've ever made. I'm allergic to morphine also and had to make do with anadin extra
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jan-10-09, 05:58

Plan: my own
Stats: 125/125/125 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress:

Congrats on the surgery, hope you post pics later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_K
PS: Morphine did not work very well for me. Tylenol 3 on the other hand .
Isn't Tylenol 3 codeine (a derivative of morphine?) Odd one would work and not the other.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jan-10-09, 08:31

Plan: Atkins ~ DANDR
Stats: 230/230/150 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:it is going down!
Progress: 0%

Yay you!! did your insurance count that as a "comestic surgery"? I need a LIFT now... and well UGH!
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jan-10-09, 08:52

Plan: Whole food, semi low carb
Stats: 165/165/140 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Congrats, your confidence level will improve your life drastically! Just 7 weeks ago, I had a tummy tuck and breast lift. I'm still in the recovery stages as they both take months to give the final result but I look 20x better in clothes....... and even without clothes, lol.
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Jan-10-09, 09:44

Plan: Eating healthier
Stats: 185/178/150 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 20%

It's so nice to hear a guy has gone through what us woman usually talk about and I'm so happy to hear you're happy with the results. Not too many men would even consider or admit doing what you did. Thumbs up to you for wanting to and taking action about feeling better about yourself...... .

Post some pics after you re-coup!!

Patty
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Jan-10-09, 09:49

Plan: Atkins72/Paleo/NoGrain/IF
Stats: 285/220/200 Female 5 feet 5.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

We need to see the pics! Congratulations!
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Jan-10-09, 13:32

Plan:
BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sheila*
Yay you!! did your insurance count that as a "comestic surgery"? I need a LIFT now... and well UGH!

Well it was covered by Alberta Healthcare as a required surgery. So it's free, other than the huge amount of taxes I will pay throughout my life.

I gotta get down to my goal weight. I put on a bit over the holidays . Low carb is definitely not going to be as fun with braces...

Looks like I'm going to be overcooking a lot of my food.
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Jan-10-09, 23:53

Plan:
BF:

I can't wait to go swimming. I haven't been swimming for 4 years. And I haven't gone swimming without a shirt on since I was in Elementary school. Probably around 10 years ago. I want to get down to 180 by this summer.

I have hated to go swimming and found swimming to be such a traumatic and terrifying experience. I actually love swimming, it's just going swimming has been horrible. I just gotta get rid of this belly. It has definitely made a comeback over the holidays.
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Jan-11-09, 05:20

Plan: I eat all of the eggs. :)
Stats: 600/400/160 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 45%

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_K
I can't wait to go swimming. I haven't been swimming for 4 years. And I haven't gone swimming without a shirt on since I was in Elementary school. Probably around 10 years ago. I want to get down to 180 by this summer.

I have hated to go swimming and found swimming to be such a traumatic and terrifying experience. I actually love swimming, it's just going swimming has been horrible. I just gotta get rid of this belly. It has definitely made a comeback over the holidays.

I'm surprised at your comments regarding swimming. I am double your weight...somewhere between 400 and 450 pounds and I go swimming. I could care less what anyone thinks of me when I go. Nothing will stop me from my love of swimming.
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Jan-11-09, 07:44

Stats: 217/145/143 Female 171cm
BF:
Progress: 97%

Hi David - congratulations on your surgery and new-found confidence. i hope your body recovers quickly, and that you're happy with the end result.

When I was your age (and older), I was extremely self-conscious about my body - even though I had a great slim hourglass figure. I think there's a lot more emphasis nowadays on body shape, and a cruel tendency in modern films to make people who are overweight the subject of ridicule. It must have been horrible to have those "man-boobs". Being female, I'd hate to have some masculine feature prominently displayed on my body - such as excessive hair I couldn't remove - and I belong to an older generation, which placed far less emphasis on body image. I have to add here, however, that the older and fatter I become, the less inhibited I am, which may be a result of diminishing brain cells , but is nevertheless a very welcome and liberating aspect of getting (slightly ) older.

Enjoy your trips to the pool. You're doing great!

Last edited by Kirsteen : Sun, Jan-11-09 at 07:55.
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Jan-11-09, 10:37

Stats: 156/146.8/139 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 54%

David - congrats on your surgery and GL with your recovery.

How did you get AHW to pay????? Just curious. I'd like to make a similar type arguement in BC to get some extra skin removed.

Take care, Julie
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Jan-11-09, 22:59

Plan:
BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousesmom
David - congrats on your surgery and GL with your recovery.

How did you get AHW to pay????? Just curious. I'd like to make a similar type arguement in BC to get some extra skin removed.

Take care, Julie

They cover breast reductions. Have for a long time.
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Jan-12-09, 09:41

Plan: Figuring it out
Stats: 366/282.2/166 Female 5'6"
BF:YEP/YEP/YEP
Progress: 42%

Congrats David!! What a great way to complete your transformation!! I too hope one day...when I reach goal..to have some surgery.. a tummy tuck(at the very least)! I am so excited and happy for you!!!!!!!!