Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-09, 15:37

Plan: Atkins ~ DANDR
Stats: 230/230/150 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:it is going down!
Progress: 0%
Default I think my husband....

doesn't want me to lose anymore weight. He is not saying anything, but picking on me for having a much smaller hiney ~ ( he actually used the "boney" word), and he purposely is bringing home spicy pork tamalies knowing I LOVE them. I think it is his way of saying just "eat normal". URG
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-09, 15:37

Forgot to mention, he is not helping my lack of willpowe lately. I have yet to go longer then 4 days STRAIGHT without a downfall.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-09, 15:41
95% Sugar Free!

Plan: Very high fat LC/HCG
Stats: 310/155.4/159 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 102%

Is he overweight? Maybe he's feeling insecure.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-09, 15:47
Registered Member

Plan: who knows
Stats: 337/204/180 Female 67 inches
BF:100% pure
Progress: 85%

I'd talk to him without assuming I know what he's thinking. Maybe he's insecure, maybe he likes big butts, maybe he's not even aware of what he is doing or how you feel about it.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-09, 15:49

Actually yes he is. He is weighing more then he ever has. (239)

So, how does one combat this? I mean I am not where I want to be, and he and my mother both just give me a hard time (she is overweight as well). Any suggestions would be great!
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-09, 16:00

Plan: atkins
Stats: 203/199.4/170 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 11%

You are doing so great! You must be feeling really good at your height and weight! Tell your hubby that no food tastes as good as you feel at this weight and you don't want to gain any back. I know when I'm heavier, I enjoy others around me to eat with me.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-09, 16:07
7 yrs and counting!

Plan: Vegan/Crossfit
Stats: 285/212/199 Female 5'7
BF:33.4%

My BF is the same.
He likes that i'm smaller but won't admit it.
He says things like "whoa, theres bones where your waist was"....
I don't know that it's jealousy, but i know it takes men just as long to adjust to our weight loss as it does us.

His response to me saying "would you rather me be fat" is...."i loved you before, and i dont care how big you are"....
To that i respond: I hated myself when i was bigger, and if i get big again, i'll hate my life so much that it'll make both of us miserable.
That usually shuts him up.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-09, 16:45

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 156/146.8/139 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 54%

Just make sure he knows that you love him and ONLY him. If he's insecure that's one message that might need to be repeated over and over.

Your WL is threatening to him because it makes him look at himself!! Don't give up but tell him that this is important to you and you want his support to get to goal.

Julie
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-09, 17:39

Plan: Atkins/PP blend
Stats: 163.4/157/145 Female 60
BF:
Progress: 35%

I agree with the insecurity notion... if you get all thin and sexy, other men are going to notice you and if he's gaining weight, you aren't going to find him attractive and you are going to leave him for someone else. I tend to forget that men are just as (if not moreso) fearful of rejection as we are.

Gentle conversation may be the best course of action...
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-09, 20:42
Registered Member

Stats: 212/169/162 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 86%

My husband likes me a little bigger, too. Some men just aren't into "skinny". He loves where I am now and has asked me not to lose anymore. I'd consider changing my goal if I were you if he is really happy with how you look now (but that's just me, my dh's opinion is one of my top priorities).
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-09, 20:49

Plan: Atkins / High-Fat
Stats: 168/149/138 Female 5' 8"
BF:size: 12/10/8
Progress: 63%

have you encouraged him to do atkins with you?
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-09, 20:50
Registered Member

Plan: who knows
Stats: 337/204/180 Female 67 inches
BF:100% pure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiddle
My husband likes me a little bigger, too. Some men just aren't into "skinny". He loves where I am now and has asked me not to lose anymore. I'd consider changing my goal if I were you if he is really happy with how you look now (but that's just me, my dh's opinion is one of my top priorities).
Yes, some men like larger women but...
Quote:
His response to me saying "would you rather me be fat" is...."i loved you before, and i dont care how big you are"....
To that i respond: I hated myself when i was bigger, and if i get big again, i'll hate my life so much that it'll make both of us miserable.
That usually shuts him up.
Which highlights the important thing -- he takes into account what *you* want.

My DH likes curvy women -- not large women per se but curvy women. Can you say Beyonce? But he also is more interested in whether I am healthy and happy than whether I am curvy, which is exactly why I suggest conversation without assumptions about what he is thinking. Anyone assuming my husband is insecure and speaking to him with that assumption in mind would find herself in a bad place from being dead wrong and pissing him off.
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-09, 21:39

Plan: Atkins72/Paleo/NoGrain/IF
Stats: 285/220/200 Female 5 feet 5.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

Yeah, my first husband like bigger women when he had a 30" waist and when he had a 38" waist. Taste is taste. Current hubby has a more varied palette. Luckily, I have been all things to him!!!
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-09, 21:47
Registered Member

Stats: 212/169/162 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LessLiz
Yes, some men like larger women but... Which highlights the important thing -- he takes into account what *you* want.

I wouldn't think it was insecurity, nor do I advocate doing anything just for husbands. I just think it is good to take our dh's opinions into consideration when making choices. (that doesn't mean we become doormats and lose our ability to decide for ourselves)
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Jan-09-09, 08:03
Registered Member

Stats: 270/225/190 Female 5ft 11in
BF:10/22/08 Start Dat
Progress: 56%

I bumped into this several years ago when I lost 45 lbs in college. My husband (then live in BF) along with 95% of everyone else in my life told me I was getting too skinny -- I was about 190 lbs at 5'11 height.

I came to understand that no one in my life was used to me that small. Prior to the loss the lowest weight I ever was --- including doing 3 sports a year in high school was 205 lbs.

I had to finally just have a talk with D and explain to him how he was making me feel. This go round D is very helpful (although he does eat bad things in front of me) and compliments my loss -- I will be curious what happens when I get closer to my goal.

As to everyone else, you just have to learn to deal for a while. Eventually they will come to see you as you are in your new body -- but it may take some time.