Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-09, 12:32
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins / Dukan
Stats: 234/168/115 Female 5ft5inch
BF:
Progress: 55%

Hey guys,

I haven't fallen off the face of the planet, the internet has been down and then i have been away all last week with work. Anyway, just about still on track for the monthly target. Will be doing hour 33 tonight.
Bev, the photo's are great, you can really see the difference. I am going to put my hour 30 set of photos onto the sheet with hour 14 and 20 and hope to see a difference, i have to go upstairs to the pc for this though, can't have half naked photos on my work laptop, that would be a disaster in the making!!

Helen x
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-09, 14:31

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 155/125/125 Female 62 inches
BF:21
Progress: 100%

I'd love to see the pics, Helen. And I'll bet you'll be pretty thrilled with the results, too! But, yeah, you probably don't really want your IT guy to see them if your laptop needs service. (My husband is a programmer, but he used to be the hardware guy at his office; oh, the stories he could tell!) The funny thing about Callanetics is it really doesn't look too hard, and it doesn't seem that hard, either, until you get close enough that you might as well finish. I don't know about anyone else, but that's when my stubbornness kicks in. Then, I'll be darned if I can do 80 reps and not finish the last few!

Anyway, I wasn't expecting it to do that much for me, but it really has, in a short time period, too. I have no doubt that running will get you in really good shape; I know people who run and they look great. OTOH, I can't run due to a leg injury, and I wasn't getting the results I wanted after power walking for about a year. In 2 months of doing Callanetics (3-4 hours/week, so about 35 hours), I look better than I have since I was in my early 20's. I can dig an exercise like that!

Fifteen hours so far this month, probably another 3 by the end of the month--yippie! BTW, my 2 yo daughter has started laying on the floor next to me while I'm working my abs. She sticks her feet up in the air right alongside me and proclaims, "I do my exercises!"
  #48   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-09, 11:11
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins / Dukan
Stats: 234/168/115 Female 5ft5inch
BF:
Progress: 55%

ahhhhh too cute! My cats lie down next to me, but they don't do the stomach crunches, they could do with it though, bellies are draggin a bit!!!!
Going for hour 34 tonight
  #49   ^
Old Mon, Feb-02-09, 12:47

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 155/125/125 Female 62 inches
BF:21
Progress: 100%

I've started a new thread for February, http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...103#post7717103. I like having a little accountability, it's what got me to goal in January, so let's do it again!

Hey, Helen, I hear you on the cats. I actually had to do Callanetics on a bath mat the other day, because my cat (who could probably use a little ab work himself) was sprawled out across my mat. Then, he chose to insist on being petted smack in the middle of my ab work. Not the best time!