Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Dec-29-08, 06:11
Faux-foods=Doh!Foods

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 216/180/154 Female 168cm
BF:
Progress: 58%

Hi guys,

I was in the 100lbs in 2008 thread and would LOVE to continue until I hit that 100. I hope to do it in 2009! Can I count myself in??

e
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Dec-29-08, 06:58
For Real This Time

Plan: SB (Sorta Beachy)
Stats: 272/260/165 Female 68 inches (5'8")
BF:
Progress: 11%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro4ever
For sure. I have at least 85, I THINK.

It's really hard to judge where my goal weight should be. I was heavy even when (super!) skinny as a kid, I naturally have a lot of muscle, and will be aiming for more.. It's hard to factor all of that in on a 5'8 female body, ya know?

If I went over 85, I think it'd be fine. It's so weird to have 250 as my new baseline.. I've been 100 lbs overweight for so long, I still think of it as needing to lose 100 lbs. I've been down to 250 for.. well over a month now, I think. Haven't really be dieting tho.

I'm right there with you. We have almost the same starting and ending stats. I think. I'm also 5'8", and have a very large bone structure. (I know everyone says that "I'm not fat, I'm just big-boned" haha, but I really do have big bones) Right now I have my goal weight set at 165 because a doctor once told me that's what I should weigh. But I know that in the past I have looked and felt my best between 145-150. So we'll see...when I get to 165, I'll decide if I still want to go lower.

Anyway, even if I aim for 145 I still don't have 100 left to lose anymore (yay!!) but am I close enough to qualify for this thread??? I would so love to lose the rest of what I need to lose in 2009.

Last edited by donnaliz67 : Mon, Dec-29-08 at 07:03.
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Dec-29-08, 07:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 250/248/160 Female 5'4
BF:BigBallaFat
Progress: 2%

I'm in. 100lbs in 09 sounds really really really good!
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Dec-29-08, 08:36
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins now
Stats: 270/245/165 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 24%

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaliz67
I'm right there with you. We have almost the same starting and ending stats. I think. I'm also 5'8", and have a very large bone structure. (I know everyone says that "I'm not fat, I'm just big-boned" haha, but I really do have big bones) Right now I have my goal weight set at 165 because a doctor once told me that's what I should weigh. But I know that in the past I have looked and felt my best between 145-150. So we'll see...when I get to 165, I'll decide if I still want to go lower.

Anyway, even if I aim for 145 I still don't have 100 left to lose anymore (yay!!) but am I close enough to qualify for this thread??? I would so love to lose the rest of what I need to lose in 2009.

Awesome. I have big bones now, but when I was young (and scrawny!) I baffled my pediatrician for being visibly normal-to-slightly underweight, but overweight on the scale. He joked that I had lead for bones LOL. I think I've grown into that, as now I'm fairly broad in build.. but then it's kinda weird, because I still have not-overweight hands that are far more delicate than my body build. As I said, I'm a freak!

I figure we're ok in this thread. We both started out needing to lose over 100, so what if we're continuing that journey this year? LOL
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Dec-29-08, 09:05
Registered Member

BF:

Hey, have you guys seen this? http://health.discovery.com/nationa...-challenge.html

Just saw a commercial on tv for it. It's free, gives your diet plans (ugh) and fitness info, but the real good thing here - free 30 day membership at Bally's!

I think I'm gonna sign up. I have't been to a Bally's, but a change of scenery from my basement would be nice!
  #21   ^
Old Mon, Dec-29-08, 11:19

Plan: my own
Stats: 277.5/258/130 Female 56
BF:
Progress: 13%

What kind of workout are you going to do Euro? I really need to start working out again, but I think that I will use the gym at school when it starts back up.
  #22   ^
Old Mon, Dec-29-08, 15:43

Plan: LC
Stats: 294/289.4/175 Female 64 in
BF:yikes!!
Progress: 4%

Count me in, too! I was originally going for the 100 bls in 2008 goal, but that just didn't happen. I had lots of things going on in 2008 that contributed to me not handling them very well and going off plan (me dealing with 4 major sinus infections, my son having emergency surgery and being in the hospital with a post operative infection for 2 weeks, and my grandmother passing away). Then the holidays were upon us, and I went completely off. Ugh! Will now have to change my weight, as I have gained back to 277.

My problem has always been staying on plan when life throws you a curve ball. I'm definitely a stress/emotional eater.

I know it's cliche, but this will be my New Year's Resolution - to get back on plan and STAY on plan. I also want to dig out my old The Firm exercise tapes (yes, they are VHS tapes) and start back with them.

I want to make it happen in 2009!!!!!!
  #23   ^
Old Tue, Dec-30-08, 07:12
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyAnn
What kind of workout are you going to do Euro? I really need to start working out again, but I think that I will use the gym at school when it starts back up.

Well, after years of figuring stuff out, I've come to the realization that cardio is absolutely useless as far as me losing weight. I was doing 2 hours a day at one point and still not losing. Will still do a bit, just as more of an endurance thing.

This is the plan:

Monday: Back, Hamstrings, Calves

Tuesday: up to 1 Hour Cardio (less starting out, I'll be aiming for 20 tonight!)

Wednesday: Shoulders, Triceps, Abs

Thursday: Quads, Glutes, Calves

Friday: Up to 1 Hour Cardio

Saturday: Chest, Biceps, Abs

Sunday: Fun activity/ Rest

Further, as a HUGE fan of Hugh Jackman's look in the X Men movies, I did some reading on what he did for THAT, and here's what I'll be doing:

First 3 weeks: Build Mass (December 29 - Jan 18, 2009):
Alter the tempo or speed of the lift. Lift the weight to a three-second count up and then a one-second count down or really slow 4 sec count up and 4 count down.

Second 3 weeks - Build Strength (Jan 19 - February 9 2009):
Lifting really heavy weights, without any attention to tempo.

Basically, given the previously mentioned issues I have to deal with, I need to just slab on a lot of muscle, and that's the only way I'll be able to lose.

I've gone through the "oh, I don't want to put on so much muscle, I don't want to look like a guy" phase. Ya know what though? Between tons of muscle and little fat, or looking like I do now...

.. well, at least the muscle should scare people off making rude comments
  #24   ^
Old Tue, Dec-30-08, 10:01

Plan: my own
Stats: 277.5/258/130 Female 56
BF:
Progress: 13%

Sonia- that curve ball thing always gets me too. Not any more this time, right?

Euro-I LOVE lifting. I love that feeling of strength...like your body just works better? I didn't know about that Hugh Jackman plan...I just like to look at him
  #25   ^
Old Tue, Dec-30-08, 10:24

Plan: Atkins '72
Stats: 292.5/192.5/150 Female 5 foot 7 inches
BF:ho/ho/ho
Progress: 70%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro4ever

I'm allergic to gluten!!: I'm a freaking pastry chef.

You're a pastry chef! That's awesome! And kind of courageous too considering this WOE. Even though I bet you come up with some FABULOUS LC goodies... can I come over?
  #26   ^
Old Tue, Dec-30-08, 11:43
Registered Member

BF:

The nice thing is that being around sugar and flour all day every day pretty much killed my desire for either. LOL.
  #27   ^
Old Tue, Dec-30-08, 23:06
Registered Member

Plan: LC/BSS
Stats: 359.4/342.5/180 Female 5'10"
BF:too much
Progress: 9%

Count me in too. Christmas week in Vegas got me off track, at times I am able go on vacation and not go off plan. Good news is I have taken off almost all I put on.
My goal this year is to stay focused and motivated. And to eventually start exercising. Had a hard time in Vegas couldn't walk much. On the 14th we had a large Christmas party at the VFW for soldiers and family members from 2 units (there were 191 people there). I was responsible for the food and was on my feet just about all day, I got charley horse in both my thighs that night and I could hardly walk the next day. I still had a hard time walking last week in Vegas, my feet hurt so much, and that was more than a week later.
  #28   ^
Old Wed, Dec-31-08, 07:58

Plan: Medi Weight Loss Pgm
Stats: 296.0/179.7/130 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 70%

So do we post our first weight tomorrow? We are going out of town, so it will be late in the day when I post my weight.
  #29   ^
Old Wed, Dec-31-08, 14:17
~UnWritten~

Plan: My LC Plan
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 00 inches
BF:
Progress: 56%
Default Almost 100lbs but not quite!

Please count me in too. I have 98.2 pounds to lose in 2009.

I've gained and lost the same 40 pounds for the past couple of years and I've just had enough. I re-restarted induction yesterday and dejunked my pantry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonia567
My problem has always been staying on plan when life throws you a curve ball. I'm definitely a stress/emotional eater.

Ditto! I'm hoping to break the cycle this year and learn to deal with stress/emotional things in a constructive/ healthy way.
  #30   ^
Old Thu, Jan-01-09, 19:37
Faux-foods=Doh!Foods

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 216/180/154 Female 168cm
BF:
Progress: 58%

Green=25 pounds lost.
Blue=50 pounds lost.
Purple=75 pounds lost.
Red=100 pounds lost.
Gold=150 pounds lost.