Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Dec-28-08, 12:26
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins now
Stats: 270/245/165 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 24%
Default 100lbs in 2009?

Anyone up for starting a new one?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Dec-28-08, 14:32
Registered Member

Plan: VLC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 00
BF:
Progress: 55%

I don't have a hundred to lose any more, but I have at least 70 more pounds. I'm in, if you want a partner.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Dec-28-08, 15:43
Registered Member

BF:

For sure. I have at least 85, I THINK.

It's really hard to judge where my goal weight should be. I was heavy even when (super!) skinny as a kid, I naturally have a lot of muscle, and will be aiming for more.. It's hard to factor all of that in on a 5'8 female body, ya know?

If I went over 85, I think it'd be fine. It's so weird to have 250 as my new baseline.. I've been 100 lbs overweight for so long, I still think of it as needing to lose 100 lbs. I've been down to 250 for.. well over a month now, I think. Haven't really be dieting tho.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Dec-28-08, 16:01
Registered Member

BF:

Is the official date New Year's Day? The pounds drop off of me slowly, but I'm hoping with exercise I'll utilize more energy and my metabolism will rev up.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Dec-28-08, 16:23
Registered Member

BF:

I'm planning to start working out tomorrow, and really going strict on my diet new years day
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Dec-28-08, 16:30

Plan: LCHF, IF
Stats: 265/210/135 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 42%

I'm in. I have far more than 100 to lose. 100 in 2009 would be nice, though. And if I don't lose that much, that'll be okay too. Nice to have a goal in common with as many other people as join in. So nice to be with people who know what it's like.

Meg
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Dec-28-08, 17:27
Registered Member

BF:

Yes, I know what it's like. Just think Meg & Euro, this is the year that you will be in Onederland. I haven't been below 200 for very long, but I have to say it feels marvelous! Meg, glad you are going to be here with us.
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Dec-28-08, 20:00
Registered Member

BF:

So, what's the plan from here?

My big problem is that there were a WHOLE bunch of little things that were working against me.

Hypothyroid : Took almost a decade, finally got on the right meds

Burnt adrenals: Taking a decade to get properly medicated for thyroid meant that I had to take some cortisone for awhile, so the meds would actually be able to do their job.

ADD: I was accidently medicating for this for awhile (Heartbeat was way too slow, and my inability to sweat led me to take ephedrine while I could get it.. can't now).. then when I went off it, all the brain fog came back. Even under proper medication for hypo. While it was easy to motivate myself to workout for crazy long hours while on ephedrine, I can't focus for even 5 minutes without. Finally got sick of it all and went on Ritalin a couple weeks ago. WHAT a difference!!

Inability to sweat: Well, I haven't really found a way around this yet, aside from stimulants. Even then, very, very small amounts of sweat. I've had to use other means of keeping core temp down while working out.

B vitamin issues: This was weird, because the symptoms sort of hid under other things.. like my hypothyroid and ADD.

I'm allergic to gluten!!: I'm a freaking pastry chef. This one caught me off guard, probably 6 months or so ago. After several months of denial, I have finally accepted that yes, this is the case. The good thing is, that was the final piece of the puzzle. No more cramps, horrible periods, etc! AND, I'm actually able to lose weight. AND, even though I've been eating nothing but utter crap the past month or so, I haven't gained weight (no gluten though)!

I think that's all. Since becoming symtomatic for hypo, I've put in about a decade of research, observation, experimentation, etc. Have learned an AWFUL lot about how my body works, have come to the conclusion that I'm a freak of nature.

I'm actually at my healthiest if I eat absolutely nothing but meat - veggies are ok, but too much included with the meat make me feel lethargic and malnourished.

Haven't been able to eat the way I should, because A. It's expensive, and B. It's quite a bit of work. I think getting my focus / attention span dealt with is doing wonders though, now I really feel good about it all.
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Dec-28-08, 20:38

Plan: my own
Stats: 277.5/258/130 Female 56
BF:
Progress: 13%

I would like to join please. I really need to get this weight off and THIS is the year! I will be around a lot while I'm on winter break, but then my time will be limited. I really want to have a nice safe place to go even if it's only for a few minutes each day.
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Dec-28-08, 20:51
Registered Member

BF:

I, currently, have no health issues that I'm aware of. I'm on no meds. At my highest weight, I had developed sleep apnea and joint aches. I decided I didn't want to go any further down that path of destruction. All that cleared up. I don't even snore any more.

My woe includes meats, eggs, water, and plain coffee. I've ate this way for almost 5 months. Some people find it boring, but I don't. I've considered giving up the coffee, but that one is still having a debate in my brain. I love the taste of coffee, but I've been drinking more and more of it, lately.

I did not lose from 261 to 198 on this plan. Various low carb plans were involved. However, I did lose the last 25 pounds eating this way.

Euro4ever, I can relate to the sweating. I use to not sweat much, but that seems to have fixed itself. My heart rate has always been around 57.....I don't worry about it because I feel fine. Use to have palpitations, but all that corrected, after I started losing weight and stopped having sleep apnea.

I can only imagine how great we are going to feel by the end of this year.
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Dec-28-08, 20:56
Registered Member

BF:

KellyAnn
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Dec-28-08, 20:57

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low-Carber
I, currently, have no health issues that I'm aware of. I'm on no meds. At my highest weight, I had developed sleep apnea and joint aches. I decided I didn't want to go any further down that path of destruction. All that cleared up. I don't even snore any more.

I am so glad to hear this! You have done such an awesome job

Quote:
I can only imagine how great we are going to feel by the end of this year.

We can do this!
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Dec-28-08, 20:59

BF:

Quote:
KellyAnn

Right back at ya

I am so excited to make 2009 the year!
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Dec-28-08, 21:00

Plan: Medi Weight Loss Pgm
Stats: 296.0/179.7/130 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 70%

Count me in. I must stay motivated and focused!!!
  #15   ^
Old Sun, Dec-28-08, 21:03

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldypgmr
Count me in. I must stay motivated and focused!!!

ldypgmr I think you have hit on two key themes.