Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Mon, Dec-29-08, 11:46
The Girl from Ipomea

Plan: Atkins 72,Zero Carb
Stats: 229/212/160 Female 5 feet 9 inches
BF:well shucks....
Progress: 25%

I'll say hello and I doubt its too late for anything...SO Induction here we are!!!! Again!
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Mon, Dec-29-08, 12:54

Plan: my own/atkins 72ish
Stats: 187/153/137 Female 5'7"
BF:BMI goal<22
Progress: 68%

Being strict now. We have a New Years Party at our house, which will involve alcohol, but I hope to keep the rest of the carbs down.

After that as strict as I can be until inauguration, as I have a ball to go to and want to look as little like the ugly duckling stepsister as possible.
  #63   ^
Old Mon, Dec-29-08, 13:25
Never Give Up!

Plan: It's anybody's guess!
Stats: 350/250/160 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaGirl
I am starting 72 tomorrow, my husband wants to start jan 1,(what he means is he wants ME to start HIM, by doing all his food thinking for him... sheesh...) and see where everyone is, I have been there so many times, (and here I am again). I never want to see food as anything but to keep me moving, and carbs never have, and never will. As a child I ate VLC until someone told me I had to eat carbs for energy, that eating good homemade sauce (gravy, if you are italian) without pasta wasn't healthy, and the aount of meat i craved wasn't balanced. So I balanced my self to obesity. I don't lose easy, I love to be active but my job and my kids wear me out and exersice and me come a very distance last. I don't post much but I read alot, I love to help and support, isn't this what we are all here for? I am in, I hope you can help me keep my sanity while DH expects me to do all his thinking, and I will print out the rules for him and post them on the fridge, I can only hope he will read them....
Welcome to the Group!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steph0203
Okay - day 1 and so far so good. I was 189 on the scale today. My plan is to stick to mostly meat and eggs because I really need to go to the store!
Good for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dscmom
Hi Everyone.....I was happy to see this 72 Atkins group because that is my book of choice to follow. I have that book and the new generation and carb addicts but for some reason I only have success with the original.
It's never too late! You're very welcome here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finola
Being strict now. We have a New Years Party at our house, which will involve alcohol, but I hope to keep the rest of the carbs down.

After that as strict as I can be until inauguration, as I have a ball to go to and want to look as little like the ugly duckling stepsister as possible.
You'll do fine! Is that the Presidential inauguration ball you're going to? If so, I have to say I'm a bit envious! I'm sure you'll be beautiful and have a wonderful time!
  #64   ^
Old Tue, Dec-30-08, 15:00
Never Give Up!

BF:

Just stopping in to cheer everyone on! A new year is coming! We can do this!
  #65   ^
Old Tue, Dec-30-08, 15:33

Plan: Atkins 72
Stats: 252/158/145 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 88%

Well I am home!!! I will be doing induction with everyone!!! Good luck to all of us!!

On the good side even with my 4lb gain (over 2 weeks).....I didn't eat anything with wheat or real sugar in it......but I did eat to MUCH!!!!

'72 is the only WOE for me!!! I am so happy to be home!!!

Happy New Year to you all!

Lexi
  #66   ^
Old Wed, Dec-31-08, 03:05

Plan: I eat all of the eggs. :)
Stats: 600/400/160 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 45%

Here I am. I thought I would come in for some support and to give some where necessary.

I just spent a couple of days with the ex-bf at his new house (BAD idea) and am a little depressed about that so I am going to concentrate on my WOE and exercise from here on in and forget about him and his issues.

I have not read the whole thread yet and will do that just as soon as I post but I hope everyone is well and looking forward to 2009.
  #67   ^
Old Wed, Dec-31-08, 03:11

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bk_metro
I forgot to defrost some meat yesterday so I guess I have to wait a couple of hours before I can eat anything

I do that all the time and have learned to have cans of tuna and eggs as a back-up plan. Keep some lettuce in the fridge too for a quick tuna salad.
  #68   ^
Old Wed, Dec-31-08, 03:17

BF:

Quote:
Hi Everyone.....I was happy to see this 72 Atkins group because that is my book of choice to follow. I have that book and the new generation and carb addicts but for some reason I only have success with the original.
I hope its not too late to join I lost 72 lbs 5 years ago and just got off track/had a baby/lost a teenage child/lost my mom/ no excuses for letting my w.o.l go but for an emotional eater it was rough. Im back now and focused ......heres to a healthier 2009

Glad you are back. The Atkins 72 book is my book of choice as well.
  #69   ^
Old Wed, Dec-31-08, 04:17
Never Give Up!

BF:

Glad to see you here, Perfect!
  #70   ^
Old Wed, Dec-31-08, 04:50

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisal
Glad to see you here, Perfect!

Thank you. Glad to be here.
  #71   ^
Old Wed, Dec-31-08, 08:39
The Girl from Ipomea

New Years eve, planning grilled ribeye, and accoutraments that go to others, also I wnt to go to store soon, I hear Lobster is relatively cheap! Of course shrimp dipped in melted Ghee is SOOOO good, I am NOT counting calories!!!LOL
Snow is falling I have to go!
  #72   ^
Old Thu, Jan-01-09, 08:59
The Girl from Ipomea

[SIZE=5]Happy New year! Baby it's COOOLD outside, They even cancelled the fireworks in Boston on First Night, I hope that everyone has a happy healthy New Year!
Keep it Simple for the New year, simple= healthy![/SIZE]

#73   ^
Old Thu, Jan-01-09, 20:35
Never Give Up!

BF:

It's about 50 degres and raining here, but that's normal. At least the cold and snow we had just before Christmas is gone. Maybe it traveled across country and ended up in Boston for the New Year.
  #74   ^
Old Thu, Jan-01-09, 21:42
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 217/207/175 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 24%

Ok maybe its me being a newbie and all but Im confused...my browser took me to the old thread and then I saw a weigh in thread for 72'ers.......Is that where we are supposed to weigh in and do we copy the list and add ourselves? Sorry to be so much trouble....
And WOW on the old thread that had 2,ooo posts.........Adkins original is popular.
And hi Perfectfit thanks for the nice response
  #75   ^
Old Thu, Jan-01-09, 22:26
Never Give Up!

BF:

Quote:
Ok maybe its me being a newbie and all but Im confused...my browser took me to the old thread and then I saw a weigh in thread for 72'ers.......Is that where we are supposed to weigh in and do we copy the list and add ourselves? Sorry to be so much trouble....
And WOW on the old thread that had 2,ooo posts.........Adkins original is popular.
And hi Perfectfit thanks for the nice response
You aren't any trouble at all!

Yes, the '72 Weigh-In thread is for anyone here who wants to use it to track their weight. Just copy the most recent post and paste it into your "reply." The list is alphabetical, so just edit your name in where it belongs.