Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, Oct-18-08, 04:44

Plan: Generic LC
Stats: 212/157/135 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 71%

There is still hood milk at my walmart in portland oregon. Also at fred meyers (owned by kroger)
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Oct-27-08, 11:22
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/210/185 Male 70
BF:NAH! I like women!
Progress: 50%

Ughhh... is the Calorie countdown milk essentially as the old Carb Countdown they used to make? or is it still lower in carbs than most!? i used to love the choc carb countdown! :-D
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Oct-27-08, 11:44

Plan: I'm a Barry Girl
Stats: 250/208/190 Female 72
BF:
Progress: 70%

While it has disappeared from Walmart, I did find it at King Soopers last week
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Nov-04-08, 21:57

Plan: atkins
Stats: 140/123/130 Female 5' 6"
BF:some
Progress: 170%

Our city market up in the colorado mountains has all three kinds 2%,skim,and chocolate. In a little town called Granby.YIPEEEEEEE!
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Dec-15-08, 21:06

Plan: southbeach
Stats: 135/135/135 Male 69 inches
BF:
Progress:

What can we do to get WalMart to start selling Calorie Countdown milks. I have asked many times. They assured me that they were ordering it but I have not seen it in months.
  #21   ^
Old Mon, Dec-15-08, 21:14

Plan: southbeach
Stats: 135/135/135 Male 69 inches
BF:
Progress:
Exclamation WalMart will not carry Hoods Calorie Countdown

I have asked my local WalMart to carry Hoods Calorie Countdown. I have waited for months. I have asked every manager I know there. I even asked the main guy. He said they had it ordered and it would be there soon. Well, that has been a few months ago. What is the deal? Has anyone has any success getting their WalMart to carry it?
  #22   ^
Old Mon, Dec-15-08, 22:17
Never Give Up!

Plan: It's anybody's guess!
Stats: 350/250/160 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

The managers I spoke with at various stores in my city told me that they do order the Hood CC milk, but Hood continually backorders it. I guess there isn't much the stores can do if Hood won't ship the milk out here.
  #23   ^
Old Mon, Dec-15-08, 22:35
Getting Healthy!

Plan: General LC
Stats: 213/169/166 Female 5' 8.5"
BF:
Progress: 94%

I saw it at Wal-Mart yesterday. However, my local Publix has stopped carrying it.
  #24   ^
Old Sun, Dec-28-08, 07:20

Plan: South Beach/Atkins
Stats: 208/198/145 Female 62
BF:I/don't/know
Progress: 16%

My local Walmarts in OH stopped carrying it in August. When I asked why they said, "its a product supply issue, we can't get it now but in 2 months we may have the option of ordering it again", but they never did! I also noticed an increase in Soy Milks in Walmart, maybe they make more money on them. I went online to the Walmart and Krogers websites and started calling all the stores within 50 miles of me asking for Hood Calorie Countdown...I found a Krogers about 30 miles away with a GREAT Dairy Manager that orders it for me every month and I drive up to pick up the case! I have 2 Krogers in my home town and neither of them even offered to try to order it for me. Oh, also....this is crazy, I was paying 2.98 for the Hood 2% at Walmart. But now, Krogers is charging me 4.39 for it! Everyone thinks I am crazy for paying that, but I have been drinking it for yearsssssss and I don't want to switch. Regular milk does not taste good to me anymore, and I love that the Hood has a long expiration date, usually a month to 6 weeks away from expiration, which is good for us as we do not use alot of milk and it never goes to waste. Hope you get lucky with your search, it is still being made!, however their yummy LC eggnog was not available this year...that was sooooooo good, I wish I had frozen some when I found it 2 years ago! LOL
  #25   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-09, 14:14

Plan: South Beach/Adkins
Stats: 135/120/112 Female 5' 1"
BF:
Progress:

Got this email from Walmart about CC:

Thank you for contacting us about Calorie Countdown by Hood that you would like to have available in your local store. While researching we have found that Calorie Countdown is no longer available.

We have forwarded you request to the appropriate area for review regarding possible furture purchases of this type of merchandise.

Again, than you for contacting us and y our continued business. If we can be of further assistance in the future please contacts us by phone at 1-800-WAL-MART or by email at www.walmartstores.com.

Thank you
Michelle
Wal-Mart Merchandising Team

#26   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-09, 22:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 268/200/190 Male 5'9
BF:28%/14%/8%
Progress: 87%

Quote:
Originally Posted by happygills
Got this email from Walmart about CC:

Thank you for contacting us about Calorie Countdown by Hood that you would like to have available in your local store. While researching we have found that Calorie Countdown is no longer available.

We have forwarded you request to the appropriate area for review regarding possible furture purchases of this type of merchandise.

Again, than you for contacting us and y our continued business. If we can be of further assistance in the future please contacts us by phone at 1-800-WAL-MART or by email at www.walmartstores.com.

Thank you
Michelle
Wal-Mart Merchandising Team

I smell some BS here from Walmart...

Hood launch a website JUST FOR Calorie Countdown....

http://www.hphood.com/promos/calori...lt.aspx?id=1542

You can even print out a "petition" to give to the dairy manager at your grocery store...
  #27   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-09, 22:35

Plan: Lowcarb
Stats: 283/279/190 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 4%

i havent been able to find it around here in ages... might have to start looking... i havent had milk in a long time due to allergies... but i wanted to try the chocolate and see if i can tolerate it.... i can do cheese in small quantities but am not sure about milk anymore
  #28   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-09, 18:00

Plan: South Beach/Adkins
Stats: 135/120/112 Female 5' 1"
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrooveJock
I smell some BS here from Walmart...

Hood launch a website JUST FOR Calorie Countdown....

http://www.hphood.com/promos/calori...lt.aspx?id=1542

You can even print out a "petition" to give to the dairy manager at your grocery store...

I agree, something is fishy! Sometimes when Walmart stops carrying a popular product, it's because they are replacing it with their own version. Maybe that will be the case. But I won't get my hopes up!
  #29   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-09, 12:49

Plan: Anabolic Diet
Stats: 343/343/240 Male 75 inches
BF:
Progress:

I think something is fishy, too... Because when the Calorie Countdown disappeared, I noticed, as another poster already stated, an increase in a particular brand of soy milk. As of now I have to go to Lowe's Foods or Food Lion to get the Hood milk.
  #30   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-09, 19:22

Plan: I'm a Barry Girl
Stats: 250/208/190 Female 72
BF:
Progress: 70%

Yeah.....57 different brands and flavors of soy garbage and no more Hood. WTH???