Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Oct-09-08, 14:19

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 262.2/247.2/204 Female 5ft 1/2 inch
BF:
Progress: 26%

I'm not sure I said that correctly in the above post! but so many ppl are lowcarb naysayers and *you're* the living proof it works!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Oct-09-08, 17:01

Plan: God's Will Be Done
Stats: 306/189/162 Female 5'7
BF:Morris Chestnut
Progress: 81%

I tell ya' FatFreeMe, some people are just morons.

Take today. The moron that sits in front of me is so jealous. She is totally aware that I'm LC'ing so when she ate her lunch today, she made sure to smack on all her food and then say EXTRA LOUD "oooh this BREAD sure is delishious and this white RICE is sooo good." Followed up by "I, can't wait to eat my chips."

Can I slap her? Somebody, please tell me it's okay to go ahead and slap her. And, yes, she totally needs to be on LC herself because she is hitting in at over 300 lbs, but I digress, back to the slapping.

Dive deeply into who you really are, and have the courage to explore your most treasured dreams. Keep yourself connected to those dreams, and they will play out upon the stage of your life. ~Ralph Marston

Live life abundantly and enjoy yourself in your “Journey To Wellness” because it is by the grace of God that we are able to do so. ~Gail~

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will grant you the desires of you heart ~Psalms 37:4
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Oct-09-08, 20:54

BF:

"Accidentally" leave your atkins book on her desk
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Oct-09-08, 22:35
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 220/191/162 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatFreeMe
"Accidentally" leave your atkins book on her desk

ummmmm I would "accidentally" slap her...iz ok...just say oops...sorry i didnt mean to do that....then do it again....ooops oh no oops i meant to do it that time......THE NERVE....whatever....your rockin her world...keep on rockin babe!
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Oct-09-08, 23:32
Registered Member

Plan: who knows
Stats: 337/204/180 Female 67 inches
BF:100% pure
Progress: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2007
Take today. The moron that sits in front of me is so jealous. She is totally aware that I'm LC'ing so when she ate her lunch today, she made sure to smack on all her food and then say EXTRA LOUD "oooh this BREAD sure is delishious and this white RICE is sooo good." Followed up by "I, can't wait to eat my chips."
Ya know, a few months ago there was someone on our forum who was doing the same thing with chicken wings in front of her WW-eating co-workers. While I wouldn't do it, like many people here I took great delight in reading how she was tormenting her co-workers by eating forbidden (to them) foods and losing weight in the process.

Given motivation from this butthead I likely would sit there with my Chinese chicken wings (they smell great!) and do exactly the same thing -- smack and comment on how good it is, and how great it is to be able to eat it and lose weight.
  #21   ^
Old Fri, Oct-10-08, 04:32
Walk in sunshine

Plan: LC'ing in Asia
Stats: 271/222/199 Female 5'1
BF:
Progress: 68%

Not to steal your moment here but I had the same thing happen to me today!!! We have 13 people working at the warehouse and not one has mentioned about my weight loss. Well today I wore something little snug, (instead of my usual baggy clothes) finally, one of the warehouseman mentioned about me being slimmer. The first thing that came to my was about your post and I gave him my biggest smile. That just made my day.

But I must say, 2 ladies that I work with in the office knows I'm dieting, but not one has mentioned about my weight loss. Either they don't notice because I'm with them all the time or maybe I'm still too big for them to comment. It's my secret challange for one them to break the silence and comment on my weight. Hehehe.
  #22   ^
Old Fri, Oct-10-08, 12:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeeM
ummmmm I would "accidentally" slap her...iz ok...just say oops...sorry i didnt mean to do that....then do it again....ooops oh no oops i meant to do it that time......THE NERVE....whatever....your rockin her world...keep on rockin babe!

Yeah, I like this teeheehee. I say oops upside your head…oops upside your head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LessLiz

Given motivation from this

Since I refuse to lower myself to her level I know this is exactly what will happen since I know as much as I would love to smack her around a few times, that the best thing to do is just to draw from it and let it add fuel to my fire. Because if she thinks she’s jealous now – just give me some time. The poor thing will be having a heart attack once she sees me progress even further.

Dive deeply into who you really are, and have the courage to explore your most treasured dreams. Keep yourself connected to those dreams, and they will play out upon the stage of your life. ~Ralph Marston

Live life abundantly and enjoy yourself in your “Journey To Wellness” because it is by the grace of God that we are able to do so. ~Gail~

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will grant you the desires of you heart ~Psalms 37:4
  #23   ^
Old Fri, Oct-10-08, 12:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okigirl
But I must say, 2 ladies that I work with in the office knows I'm dieting, but not one has mentioned about my weight loss. Either they don't notice because I'm with them all the time or maybe I'm still too big for them to comment. It's my secret challange for one them to break the silence and comment on my weight. Hehehe.

Okigirl just be patient and wait for it. It will come. As you progress, they won't be able to deny it for too long.

#24   ^
Old Fri, Oct-10-08, 12:58

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LessLiz
Ya know, a few months ago there was someone on our forum who was doing the same thing with chicken wings in front of her WW-eating co-workers.

I remember this! it was sorta funny cause it read like a soap opera But the first step of this was the WW gal trying to tell her about how bad LC was and trying to convert her, if I remember right. wonder where she went to and how she's doing
  #25   ^
Old Fri, Oct-10-08, 17:13

To tell the truth, when she isn't busy pissin' me off, I actually feel sorry for her. Because I know, I think we all know how difficult this battle with weight lost can be. Lord knows I still have a long ways to go myself and am nowhere out of the woods yet.

I know she really wants to lose weight. I've watched her spend her money on EDiets and WW. She even started having her food delivered to her through EDiets, but each time she falls off plan.

She always laughs it off one way or another, but I know she hurts inside when her efforts don't work out as planned.

I watch her struggle to eat those little boxed meals, and choking down those V8 drinks. On top of that, with us being in the travel industry we ALWAYS have vendors/hotels bringing us, mailing us, goodies ALL the time. It's hard enough just dealing with everyday scenerio, let alone free food.

It's hard when there is always FREE lunches and snacks sitting in the lunch room and if that's not hard enough then most of her friends here are always bringing her or coaching her into eating something or buying her something. Yep her staff kisses up to her Big Time, but unfortunately they bring more pain for her than good as she struggles to stay on her chosen plan.

One time she even lashed out at them "you guys won't even let me try. You see I'm trying to do this damn EDiets thing" I've told her several times about LC'ing, but with both of us being in upper management, having egos to the hilt, and generally just not caring for the other much anyway, she doesn't want to do anything I"M doing. She wants to do it her own way...she's stubborn...just like me.

So yeah, when she isn't pissin' me off...I do feel for her. I know her pain all to well.

#26   ^
Old Fri, Oct-10-08, 18:52

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 231/188/165 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 65%

Congratulations, 2007!!

I had someone notice at work not too long ago, and yeah, it really makes your day!

Whenever that 'moron' is smacking her gums, just remember the feeling of the comments about losing weight...and smile!
  #27   ^
Old Fri, Oct-10-08, 22:35

BF:

2007 - You are absolutely right. We're all in this together and we should really have more compassion. I remember when I worked full time and sometimes it was tough! The box of doughnuts in the coffee room, at holidays the food that was sent to the office was phenomenal, chocolates, and platters of cheese and meat and just everything! sometimes it was overwhelming and yet, it sounds like you and her face this EVERY. single. day! But still, she should not be 'smacking her lips over the bread' and stuff
we all need to be more understanding.
  #28   ^
Old Sat, Oct-11-08, 00:18

Plan: atkins
Stats: 170/153/130 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 43%

Why should anyone care what anyone else eats?? So stupid. I think vegetarians and vegans run into the same problem as well, anything different, people can be ignorant to peoples right to choose (what they eat in this case).
  #29   ^
Old Sat, Oct-11-08, 10:57
Shrinking Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 242/236.8/160 Female 5' 8"
BF:ample
Progress: 6%

Congratulations on your weightloss, I know I had lost 40 pounds before anyone at work said anything to me. I really think it wasn't until I bought some new clothes. I think when I was wearing my old clothes you just couldn't tell, they hid my fat so well!
  #30   ^
Old Wed, Oct-15-08, 17:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatFreeMe
But still, she should not be 'smacking her lips over the bread' and stuff
we all need to be more understanding.

Yeah, I agree, the smacking stuff was a bit much, but I've moved on now. I've just chosen to use her negativity to fuel my fire and that works for me.

Apparently, word has gotten around the office that I'm losing weight because now I'm receiving jeers and cheers. That is, I'm getting some strange double looks from the girls and also getting some smiles .