Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Oct-08-08, 16:38

Plan: God's Will Be Done
Stats: 306/189/162 Female 5'7
BF:Morris Chestnut
Progress: 81%
Default The Day I Have Patiently Been Waiting For...

The Day I have Patiently Been Waiting For Has Arrived Today

I've been sooo good, with my LC'ing and exercising and was actually even able to squeeze in a drink or two while partying on the weekends, but finally the day that I have been looking forward to is finally here.

That day being the first day that somebody at my job notice that I have lost weight.

I didn't want to hint to anybody or fish for any compliments or feedback. I wanted it to be real and natural. Knowing for true that all my hard efforts have finally been noticed feels sooo good.

I was first notice early this morning by a lady name GG. She said "Gail you've been losing weight haven't you." I giggled and grinned and proudly said "yes."

Boy that felt so good. She wanted to know how much weight I lost. I just told her a lot. I've been smiling ever since.

Then later in the day when I went to the lunch room to get my water three other women from the office were in there and one said "gail...what have you done with yourself"? I thought she was referring to my hair so I told her I just cut all my hair off and she said "oh you look so different, you look great...you've lost a lot of weight...huh? Yes I giggled again. I've been swimming 4 times a week and getting on the elliptical.

They all smiled, I smiled the biggest smile. I told them "wait until December I'm really gonna melt by then.

They wanted to know how much more weight I wanted to lose, I just told them "until I look in the mirror and smile the biggest smile...that's the weight I want to be."

Dive deeply into who you really are, and have the courage to explore your most treasured dreams. Keep yourself connected to those dreams, and they will play out upon the stage of your life. ~Ralph Marston

Live life abundantly and enjoy yourself in your “Journey To Wellness” because it is by the grace of God that we are able to do so. ~Gail~

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will grant you the desires of you heart ~Psalms 37:4
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Oct-08-08, 16:41
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 218/199/189 Male 74"
BF:
Progress: 66%

You go, girl, that's awesome! Keep going till you make it to your target. Don't lose this momentum!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Oct-08-08, 16:42
Absurdtive

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 272.5/174.4/165 Female 5'4
BF:44?/32.6/20
Progress: 91%

Congratulations Gail. I look forward to that day myself...although in my case it will be a while since I just started recently.

--Melissa
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Oct-08-08, 16:42

Plan: atkins
Stats: 170/153/130 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 43%
Talking

That is awesome, must have been a great feeling. It even made me smile
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Oct-08-08, 16:56
Registered Member

Plan: who knows
Stats: 337/204/180 Female 67 inches
BF:100% pure
Progress: 85%

That's great! Thank you for sharing that story!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Oct-08-08, 17:04

Stats: 313/266.4/195.0 Female 5ft 8
BF:
Progress: 39%

I just got the biggest smile on my face, I'm SO happy for you. It's SUCH a different thing when someone notices that doesn't know what is going on and it feels fantastic!!!! Good for you. It is such a motivater too when you know it's being noticed for real. Congratulations and great work!
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Oct-08-08, 17:19

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 324/283/245 Male 71.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 52%

That's great. You are getting a nice payoff for your efforts.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Oct-09-08, 00:48
Registered Member

Plan: my own
Stats: 280/201/130 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 53%

Yay Gail!!! You deserve the attention and praise! I think you're going to be a great inspiration to others.
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Oct-09-08, 00:59
Registered Member

Stats: 220/191/162 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 50%

hooooo Hoooooo! makes a nice skip in your step! i do like that you said 'alot' and more to come.....so to speak....telling people how much i have lost is kinda well uncomfortable for me....what is the saying 'a size healthier'...YOU ROCK! enjoy your RED DRESS!

(Red dress is yippy skippy on FIRE feeling) i live for RED DRESS days!
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Oct-09-08, 07:08

Plan: my own
Stats: 253/176.0/153 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 77%

That truly is an exciting day! Congrats to you for all your hard work paying off and looking great!
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Oct-09-08, 07:58

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 262.2/247.2/204 Female 5ft 1/2 inch
BF:
Progress: 26%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaicame
I just got the biggest smile on my face, I'm SO happy for you.

ME TOO! I got this big smile just reading your story, Gail. thanks for sharing. Always nice to hear some real life Happy Happy stories!
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Oct-09-08, 11:01

Plan: Ketogenic paleo
Stats: 186/167/125 Female 5'4"
BF:trying to quit
Progress: 31%

That's great Gail!

So now maybe you could upload some progress photos? Keep it up!
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Oct-09-08, 11:25

Stats: 384/264/217 Male 5'4
BF:
Progress: 72%

Kudos to you, keep on smiling and go with the feeling of happiness and pat yourself on the back girl, you have just hit a big mildstone in the LC journey.
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Oct-09-08, 12:07

Plan: God's Will Be Done
Stats: 306/189/162 Female 5'7
BF:Morris Chestnut
Progress: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeeM
hooooo Hoooooo! makes a nice skip in your step! i do like that you said 'alot' and more to come.....so to speak....telling people how much i have lost is kinda well uncomfortable for me....what is the saying 'a size healthier'...YOU ROCK!

Thanks everybody. You guys are so cool. I'm still on cloud 9.

Yeah, DianeeM, I know what you mean about feeling uncomfortable that's why I have my standard replies which usually keeps them at bay without getting all personal.

No need for them to know all that.

Now first thing this morning the lady GG that I was referring to in the beginning of the post that first complimented me...well, I hadn't even gotten in the office good, not even 5 minutes and she said "you gotta tell me your secret. What's the secret"?

Well I haven't had a chance to reply yet since I was just in the beginning of my workday routine, but I'm sure I'll reply with something like I've been eating fresh whole non-processed food high in protein and working out.

Yes, I could just tell her I'm LC'ing, but I find from past experience that I get a lot of sneers, people turning their nose up and such or saying stuff like "oh...I could never do that" so I just try to keep it basic.

If they want to know more they can go online and find out themselves because I find it just a waste of breath half the time trying to explain LC to some people.

They can read a book just like I did.

Dive deeply into who you really are, and have the courage to explore your most treasured dreams. Keep yourself connected to those dreams, and they will play out upon the stage of your life. ~Ralph Marston

Live life abundantly and enjoy yourself in your “Journey To Wellness” because it is by the grace of God that we are able to do so. ~Gail~

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will grant you the desires of you heart ~Psalms 37:4
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Oct-09-08, 14:17

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 262.2/247.2/204 Female 5ft 1/2 inch
BF:
Progress: 26%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2007
Yes, I could just tell her I'm LC'ing, but I find from past experience that I get a lot of sneers, people turning their nose up and such or saying stuff like "oh...I could never do that" so I just try to keep it basic.
I've read lots of ppl saying that others have done/said this to them. yet there you are! how many pounds down and looking/feeling great, more active and ready to 'take on the world'. I just can't understand why someone who asked would treat a person badly because of how they lost that weight or came to be more healthy...