Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Fri, Oct-10-08, 16:07

Plan: Intermittent Fasting, LC
Stats: 242/215/130 Female 5'7.5"
BF:too/dang/much
Progress: 24%

Quote:
heard her say first day is only ice cream and milk shakes
Do you have a blender? Make yourself some legal smoothies. I'm cutting out dairy for now myself, but before that, I was making smoothies like this

4 oz heavy whipping cream or half and half.
2 to 3 raw eggs. (I do wash them off, and have never had any problems with this)
2 packets of stevia
4 to 6 strawberries, or a half cup of blueberries/mixed berries.

This makes a wonderful smoothie. It is not slimy either like you might think.

Now I'm using Designer Whey since it has stevia, and I use the cranwater, 2 packets of stevia and some fruit. It's really good too.

There are some really good sugar free ice creams on the market too, so don't let this trip you up!!!
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Fri, Oct-10-08, 17:48

Plan: '72 Atkins
Stats: 260/198/145 Female 65
BF:I do
Progress: 54%

There are also recipes for different types of "ice cream" on this site. I've made a couple, and while they're not exactly Ben and Jerry's, they do taste good and will probably help you hit the spot after the gum surgery. I feel for you, I've had that surgery a few years ago and it sucked! Ask for pain pills though, if nothing else you can sleep the pain away!

Good luck everyone! I really want to see onderland! Last time I lost weight I hit 199 for a few days and just quit - I did that with LF and went out to celebrate the weight loss with food - DUH, that was dumb! This time I'm celebrating with something like new clothes, massage, hair cut/color, manicure! Much healthier!
  #48   ^
Old Fri, Oct-10-08, 20:51

Also, having had numerous dental surgeries myself... you may not be able to use a straw. It depends on what you're having done.
  #49   ^
Old Fri, Oct-10-08, 21:22

Plan: Lowcarb
Stats: 283/279/190 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 4%

oral surgery to have my wisdom teeth taken out and you are right about the straw thing
thanks so much to you all for the recipes and advice
  #50   ^
Old Mon, Oct-13-08, 12:13

Plan: Adkins-With tweaks
Stats: 182.5/166.2/140 Female 70
BF:
Progress: 38%

My HB had his wisdom teeth taken out not to long ago. They were great, he really didn't have problems. I think he took his pain meds for 4 days. He had the surgery on Friday morning and was at work Sunday night. Said he was fine.

Change of topic

I want wonderland, so I started a new food diary, with STARTING OVER printed on the front and first page. I also put my stats, goals, and diet plan in the front cover. Don't want to forget! I loose the same weight over and over again, I can loose the same amount, just keep getting lower. I want wonderland too!!
I have found that I tend to crave just as much with LC sweets. I guess I'm not fooling myself much. The best I've found is whipping cream and splenda. Eat it like ice-cream, it wont take long and the fat has my stomach turning and I cant eat the sugar after that. Just got to get rid of the extra cream, I will keep eating it!
  #51   ^
Old Mon, Oct-13-08, 13:14

Plan: Atkins/LC
Stats: 276.4/266.6/200 Female 5'8
BF:I've got some!!!
Progress: 13%

I am so in on this! I would love to be in onderland by Christmas! I've been at a stall for 4 weeks! Hoping my cheat this last week will kick me in to moving again!!!
  #52   ^
Old Mon, Oct-13-08, 14:20

Plan: SBD
Stats: 250/250/175 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi everyone, how is your start to the week? I did good yesterday and today. Time to get back in the swing of things!!!!!!!!!
  #53   ^
Old Mon, Oct-13-08, 18:14

Plan: Lowcarb
Stats: 283/279/190 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 4%

blah. it didnt go so well at the surgeon today.. i go in monday for the surgery... my lower right one is embedded in my jaw bone.. they may have to break the jaw to get it out.. but they wont know til they get in there. i hope not!!

and welcome erin we can all do this!! no worries.

im glad to report im back down to 224!! hopefully next week wont screw with me.. if they break the jaw they will wire it and it will be an all liquid diet. ICK.
  #54   ^
Old Mon, Oct-13-08, 18:44

Been there, but they didn't do that! Actually, they broke the tooth and took it out. (NOT a nice noise....*cringe*)

My DH had 5 wisdom teeth, and one was "invading" his nasal cavity. So, when they pulled it, in addition to the usual wisdom teeth fun, he also would get a bloody nose. Even with all that, after about 3 or 4 days, he was fine. Your mouth heals really fast.

I have 5lb to go to be on the border of ONEderland. I've crossed this border several times, only to slip back over with much more ease than crossing...
  #55   ^
Old Mon, Oct-13-08, 18:53

Plan: Adkins-With tweaks
Stats: 182.5/166.2/140 Female 70
BF:
Progress: 38%

I've been having one hell of a time tonight. No breaking plan though! Hate them cravings and bordom eating.
  #56   ^
Old Mon, Oct-13-08, 19:33
~UnWritten~

Plan: My LC Plan
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 00 inches
BF:
Progress: 56%

Hi all! I've been doing better but not great. DH will be back on Friday from his three week work trip and I'm feeling better, happier. The scale hasn't moved but I'm optimistic this week will end well.

Aah wisdom teeth, it brings back such painful memories. All I remember is I had the surgery three days before Thanksgiving (worst Thanksgiving EVER) and that's when I found out I was allergic to penecillin. Lots of ice cream and I think I had cold soup.

ILoveMyKit-
Here's another smoothie recipe that you might like. It tastes just like an Orange Julius (found it in the recipe section ages ago and still love it)

2 oz. heavy whpping cream
5 oz. crystal light sunrise classic orange (premixed with water)
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
crushed ice
Blend until smooth!
  #57   ^
Old Tue, Oct-14-08, 05:55

Hi Ladies!

Ugh, well I've been playing with this same 3 pounds for weeks now. Weighed in about 3 weeks ago at 209.5, then bounced up to 212... today - my weigh in day - puts me back at 210...

I'd really like to see the scale tip down to 207 and let me earn my 20 lb star already!

Come on Onederland!

One things for sure... once I get there I had better be good because I don't want to see the 200's ever again!

Good luck everyone! Sounds like some of us at least will make it! (even if it's not me ROFL)
  #58   ^
Old Tue, Oct-14-08, 05:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedneser
ILoveMyKit-
Here's another smoothie recipe that you might like. It tastes just like an Orange Julius (found it in the recipe section ages ago and still love it)

2 oz. heavy whpping cream
5 oz. crystal light sunrise classic orange (premixed with water)
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
crushed ice
Blend until smooth!

OK, this sounds SOOOO Good! What kind of protein powder? Is it LC? Where do you buy it? This hwould be a great breakfast on those mornings I just can't stomach another egg! (oh and I love Orange Julius!!!)
  #59   ^
Old Tue, Oct-14-08, 06:17

Don't know if this helps, but I use Designer Whey Protein powder. It's low carb and is sweetened with stevia. I get it in the Publix grocery store and in Winn Dixie.
  #60   ^
Old Tue, Oct-14-08, 11:24
~UnWritten~

Plan: My LC Plan
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 00 inches
BF:
Progress: 56%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pammieanne
OK, this sounds SOOOO Good! What kind of protein powder? Is it LC? Where do you buy it? This hwould be a great breakfast on those mornings I just can't stomach another egg! (oh and I love Orange Julius!!!)

I use Jay Robb's Vanilla Whey Protein. I buy it at my local grocery store (Kroger) near the diet section but I believe I've seen it at GNC if I remember correctly. One scoop has 1g of carbs, 0g sugar and 110 calories.