Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Sun, Sep-21-08, 20:38
empress of fashion

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178/161.5/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Olive oil, sour cream, butter - start throwing those on everything, Pamela.

Soule - you don't want to know.
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Mon, Sep-22-08, 07:29

Plan: General Low Carb/ Optimal
Stats: 235/223/180 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 22%

Since I cannot eat pork I am always looking for other things like beef. I wish they made beef rinds or something anyway.
  #78   ^
Old Mon, Sep-22-08, 09:52
Registered Member

Plan: meat and eggs / vlc
Stats: 365/202/140 Female 5 foot 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowagirl
Olive oil, sour cream, butter - start throwing those on everything, Pamela.

Soule - you don't want to know.

Thanks for the help! And i was wondering...has anyone stalled while doing the high fat?
Pamela
  #79   ^
Old Mon, Sep-22-08, 11:25
Registered Member

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 230/220/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%

Quote:
Originally Posted by soule72
Since I cannot eat pork I am always looking for other things like beef. I wish they made beef rinds or something anyway.

OOOOOOOOO me too! Beef rinds ... they gotta start making em!

I don't eat pork either ... religious reasons.
  #80   ^
Old Mon, Sep-22-08, 11:52

Plan: I'm a Barry Girl
Stats: 250/208/190 Female 72
BF:
Progress: 70%

Pork makes me swell up so I only eat it on rare occasions. I HAVE taken beef fat and baked it till it was kind of crunchy. Doesn't turn out like pork rinds, but it was still yummy.
  #81   ^
Old Mon, Sep-22-08, 11:56

Plan: General Low Carb/ Optimal
Stats: 235/223/180 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 22%

I don't eat pork for religious reasons as well. Make's it hard sometimes cant even take certain supplements due to the gelatin in them.
  #82   ^
Old Mon, Sep-22-08, 13:22
Registered Member

Plan: VLC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 00
BF:
Progress: 55%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamela702
Thanks for the help! And i was wondering...has anyone stalled while doing the high fat?
Pamela

I have for the last 4 weeks. I was eating protein and fats only......meat and water. No sweeteners. No dairy. No eggs. No coffee. Made sure my fats were 75 to 80%. Never cheated once. Despite no carbs at all, I still stalled. Very dissappointing. I came across this thread and decided to add back eggs, avocados, & coffee w/coconut oil. Bought some cream, but haven't used it yet. I've changed my plan for about a week now. Will weigh tomorrow. Hoping this is the answer to getting my weight to start dropping again. I just couldn't understand with my fats so high, why I wasn't dropping weight. I'll let you know how things go.
  #83   ^
Old Mon, Sep-22-08, 16:55
empress of fashion

Stats: 178/161.5/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 50%

NO carbs? I don't think any plan advocates no carbs. Perhaps if you upped the carbs to at least induction level and added more fat you'd see the results you want.
  #84   ^
Old Mon, Sep-22-08, 17:39

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 74/76/67 Female 5ft 6.5 inches
BF:29/31/25
Progress: -29%

Hi -

I didn't see a difference between low-carb high fat and zero-carb high fat in terms of fat loss - in fact I gained on zero carbs and lost on low ones. But then again my scale goes up and down all the time so who knows?

I would definitely include those avocados! Dunno about you, but I like to have a little variety anyway.
  #85   ^
Old Mon, Sep-22-08, 18:00

Stats: 175/127/120 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 87%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low-Carber
I have for the last 4 weeks. I was eating protein and fats only......meat and water. No sweeteners. No dairy. No eggs. No coffee. Made sure my fats were 75 to 80%. Never cheated once. Despite no carbs at all, I still stalled. Very dissappointing. I came across this thread and decided to add back eggs, avocados, & coffee w/coconut oil. Bought some cream, but haven't used it yet. I've changed my plan for about a week now. Will weigh tomorrow. Hoping this is the answer to getting my weight to start dropping again. I just couldn't understand with my fats so high, why I wasn't dropping weight. I'll let you know how things go.

Any ideas on how many calories you're taking in?
  #86   ^
Old Mon, Sep-22-08, 18:14
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low-Carber

Please do let me know....i seem to stall easily these days. And since i am doing high fat, very low carbs (i try to keep them at about 5 - 6 grams a day), and now lower protein...i dont know where to go after this to get the scale moving again. I am trying to get my fat % higher, i bought heavy cream today and used that. I will see how things move along the next week or so. I still have about 60 - 70 pounds to go, i dont need to slow down now!! Good luck, and let me know how things are going . I want to add things like avocado, but scared about the carbs.
Pamela
  #87   ^
Old Mon, Sep-22-08, 21:17
Registered Member

Plan: who knows
Stats: 337/204/180 Female 67 inches
BF:100% pure
Progress: 85%

I wouldn't worry about the carbs in avocados. The average avocado has 3.1 g net carbs. They are known/believed to stabilize blood sugar levels. It is unlikely you'll see any negative impact from the carbs in an avocado.
  #88   ^
Old Tue, Sep-23-08, 05:30
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LessLiz
I wouldn't worry about the carbs in avocados. The average avocado has 3.1 g net carbs. They are known/believed to stabilize blood sugar levels. It is unlikely you'll see any negative impact from the carbs in an avocado.

Thanks, i will give it a try....i love avocado!
  #89   ^
Old Tue, Sep-23-08, 11:21

Plan: IF/Keto OMAD
Stats: 236.9/214.1/199 Female 66 inches
BF:Why yes/it/is !!!
Progress: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb34
Does anyone else find it almost impossible to create custom foods for themselves in fitday?

Not really - what problem are you having? Maybe if you post what you are trying to input someone can help?

when i try to create a custom food, all i get is a screen telling me to plug in the nutritional information. I have no idea what the calories or fat grams etc are...how can i create a food when i don't know the nutritional information? if I have to research this for each morsel of food i plan to enter, I have no interest in the hours that will take.... is there a better easier way?

I would like to create a custom food by plugging in the ingredients and then have fitday tell me the nutritional information for the recipe. Is that possible?
  #90   ^
Old Tue, Sep-23-08, 14:16
Registered Member

Plan: Dr.Dahlkvist/PP/IF
Stats: 154/133/138 Female 170 cm
BF:
Progress: 131%

Hi, deb34,
a trick I use in fitday, for recipes is to go the the next day
food tab, where it is clean. Then I will plug in the ingredients,
copy the nutrition info for the day, and create the food using
this input.
I rarely bother with the vitamins, just input the fat,carbs,fiber and protein for the whole recipe. Then I just add it in the portion I eat afterwards, 1/6 or 1/8 or whatever.
Cheers,
F.