Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Thu, Oct-02-08, 21:07

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 385/285/235 Male 72 Inches
BF:
Progress: 67%

Today - I did an Hour on " my " machine - 835 Calories

and that was it.

My legs felt like jello from yesterday lunges - hopefully tomorrow is better.. maybe I'll do upperbody tomorrow - depends on what the scale says.
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Fri, Oct-03-08, 16:47

Plan: God's Will Be Done
Stats: 306/189/162 Female 5'7
BF:Morris Chestnut
Progress: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringIt
also signed up for my first of 3 Free Personal Training Sessions

Gonna let a pro draw me up a circuit to do regularly

Well first of all you are totally a true inspiration!

Man! You are awesome!

Second, what gym you going to that gives you FREE Personal Training Sessions?

I just paid over $300.00 for 5 personal training sessions...no body offered me anything for free.

Well, the good new is I have been working out for the past 5 weeks so that is a good thing...free or not.

Actually I've just been swimming so far and tomorrow I actually have my first session with my personal trainer so I'm really looking forward to that.

Well now after reading through your gym log, you've got me so totally hyped...I'm gonna swim tonight afterall. I was going to skip tonight's workout since I have the training session tomorrow, but by golly now I'm gonna swm and workout tomorrow too.

I'm sure glad I found your log.

Thanks for logging.

Dive deeply into who you really are, and have the courage to explore your most treasured dreams. Keep yourself connected to those dreams, and they will play out upon the stage of your life. ~Ralph Marston

Live life abundantly and enjoy yourself in your “Journey To Wellness” because it is by the grace of God that we are able to do so. ~Gail~

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will grant you the desires of you heart ~Psalms 37:4
  #48   ^
Old Wed, Oct-08-08, 17:52

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2007
Well first of all you are totally a true inspiration!

Man! You are awesome!

Second, what gym you going to that gives you FREE Personal Training Sessions?

I just paid over $300.00 for 5 personal training sessions...no body offered me anything for free.

Well, the good new is I have been working out for the past 5 weeks so that is a good thing...free or not.

Actually I've just been swimming so far and tomorrow I actually have my first session with my personal trainer so I'm really looking forward to that.

Well now after reading through your gym log, you've got me so totally hyped...I'm gonna swim tonight afterall. I was going to skip tonight's workout since I have the training session tomorrow, but by golly now I'm gonna swm and workout tomorrow too.

I'm sure glad I found your log.

Thanks for logging.

Thanks!!! You are doing great too! Keep impressing those lady's at work!

I can't wait for my gym to open it's pool. Not sure when its going to be .. but I'm really looking forward to putting swimming into my weekly routine.

Yeah I really lucked out on the personal training thing.. they were free so I dont think they were up to snuff with what you would get for full price. The way I lucked out is there is normally a 150$ sign up fee for my gym.. and I hit it on a week that they were waiving that fee. So typically u'd pay 150$ and get a 150$ gift card toward services available at the gym.
  #49   ^
Old Wed, Oct-08-08, 17:57

BF:

So I had a bad weekend - Workout Wise. Didnt work out .. too busy "socially" - I guess thats sort of good though.

Yesterday - Tuesday - Tried to make up for bad times and did 90 minutes of cardio after working through the afternoon.

Today - Did some weighted - back extensions
Did some Incline Situps
Did an AB Machine
Did 50 Crunches

45minutes on "my machine"

Then i started a warmup on the treadmill ( I was still hot from "my" machine ) did 90 seconds at 3.5 miles an hour - Then started a Jog at 5.5 mph

Jogged for 10 minutes!!!!!!! for a total of 11.5 minutes and 1 mile!

The first time I've jogged a whole mile! Ever even in school growing up I never ran the whole time.

This technically wasnt the whole mile but how far could I of really walked in 90 seconds at 3.5 miles

Next Time I will - Maybe more!
  #50   ^
Old Fri, Oct-10-08, 09:52

BF:

I did it again!

This time warmed up at 3.5 mph for a little over 8 minutes.. or also .5 miles. Then I took off like Seabiscuit! Ran and Ran.. at 1.0 mile total it was really hurting.. couldnt breath wanted to give up! But I just kept running.. trying to work on breathing better.. at 1.25 miles I couldnt believe I was still going.. wanted to quit!! but I didnt. Saying to myself.. I did it yesterday! why cant I do it today? So I kept going trying not to look at the time or mileage.. jamming out to my mp3player ( which I bought a new one for extra cheap cause this one only wants to play out of one ear ) on and on I go.. Heart a Pumping.. trying not to die. Hoping I dont puke at the end for pushing myself too hard... 1.5 miles!

I made it!

I wish there was like a ribbon to cross or something.. haha I did it an offical one whole mile in under 10 minutes because today I did it at 6.2mph.. not 5.5 like yesterday. This may not seem like much to most, but I have never done this in my whole life .. even in school while growing up they would make us run a mile .. I would never be able to fully run it, had to walk for awhile then run and walk and run. Never the full mile.

Now I dont know if I'm going to start training to go faster or longer.. I know I want to run a 5k eventually so we shall see.

Then I did 30 minutes on " my " machine.. but i did it a little slower than normal - only like 106 or 108 reps a minute instead of 110-114 - which is noticeably slower for some reason.

I also did the pectoral machine. Did some really heavy rows.. did some back extensions - did the ab machine some. Did some curls .. did some tricep extensions. Thats about it.

Going to a NBA Basketball Game Tonight - I think the seats are Extra Good - I'm kind of excited - hoping to get a workout in before hand.
  #51   ^
Old Sun, Oct-12-08, 20:00

BF:

Saturday - Rollerbladed 10 miles on a trail here.

We didnt go all that fast. Did have some fun going down a bridge though..

So the first hill was a long climb.. and the second hill you didnt really accelerate too fast while going down. Made for an exciting little drop. But 90 minutes later or more.. when we came back we forgot how long the first hill was and just started down it .. straight down. after about 10 feet going down I realized this was a way longer hill than the other side. So doing some quick math I realized I'm going to be going wayyy faster this time.. and the bridge engineers put in these steps/bumps on the way down the hill for whatever reason. So yeah I thought I was going to eat it, but I didnt.. "just keep your knees bent and legs stable!"

After it was all said and done .. it was pretty exciting / exhilarating.

Last edited by BringIt : Sun, Oct-12-08 at 20:07.
  #52   ^
Old Tue, Oct-14-08, 08:57

BF:

Did a big workout yesterday! - Can Feel it today!

Did all kinds of different weights.. Bench Press - Inclined Bench Press (damn i cant hardly lift anything on these ) I did calf extensions.. Leg Press - another called a Hack Squat ( couldnt lift much on this either ) Then I did Free weight Flys - Then a Cable Tricep Extensions - Then I did Weighted AB machine at 30lbs - Then I did back extensions.

Then Cardio - Warmed up for 90 seconds on the treadmill - Ran for 90 Seconds - Walked for 60 seconds - Ran for 90 seconds - Walked for 60 all for 15 minutes.. then cramped up in my side. Walked it out - then started 30 minutes on "my" Machine - 400ish caloires

Then 10 minutes on the Elliptical

Then 20 minutes or so on the Bike

hmm what to do today!
  #53   ^
Old Tue, Oct-14-08, 15:30

BF:

Worked out again today

Did - Calf Extensions to Stretch

Did some 20lb dumbell curls - dumbell bench press

Did 50lb Tricep Extension on Cable machine.

Did some Cable Flys 20lbs each on that.

Did some 100lb Cable Rows

Then did 1.6 miles of Running Intervals - Walked 3.8mph for 60 seconds then 90seconds at 6.5 did this for a lil while then changed the running to only 60 seconds not 90.
  #54   ^
Old Wed, Oct-15-08, 22:26

BF:

Today -

Did 3 x 12 40lb Weighted Ab Machine
3 X12 - non weighted back extensions

Then Started the Couch to 5k Training Program -

Warmed up for 5minutes at 3.8 - then did 25 minutes of 90 second intervals - 6.0 Jogg - 3.8 Walk - It says 20 minutes but I did 25 :-/ 400ish calories

Then did 30 minutes on "my" machine - not a real high pace though.. my ass was draggin - 403 calories
  #55   ^
Old Thu, Oct-16-08, 14:31

BF:

Today - 3x10 bench press I dunno how much the bar weighs 50lbs on top of that - makes me fell weak
3x12 calf extensions 135lbs

3x12 Incline Bench Press - 30lbs on top of that - much harder

3x12 V - Squat - 110 lbs

2x12 - A B Cs - Hard to Explain its a 1 - 2 - 3 Cable lift/twist

3x12 - Tricep Extension - 50lbs first 2 sets 60lbs last set

Then Did some Twists at 30lbs on a Cable Machine - Kind of like hitting a baseball

Then some Flys on the Cable Machine

No Cardio kind of pressed for time and need to give my legs some time to rest - same with my Abs no Ab work today they still hurt from yesterday.
  #56   ^
Old Mon, Oct-20-08, 12:33

BF:

Friday - was a busy day couldnt fit in a workout

Saturday - Rollerbladed for a lil over an hour - good workout.. little faster this time than last time.

Sunday - Walked slowly probably 3-4 miles

Gonna go hurt the muscles again today.
  #57   ^
Old Mon, Oct-20-08, 22:29

BF:

Today - Did 20 minutes on Elliptical

Did some Back Extensions and Reverse Crunches - Then some Half Crunch Twists with a 12 lb medicine ball.

Then did 32 Minutes of my Interval Program - Walk 3.8 to warm up.. then Jog at 6mph every 90 seconds. Getting easier - wanted to go further..

Tomorrow going to do some weights.
  #58   ^
Old Wed, Oct-22-08, 07:12

BF:

Yesterday -

Bench Press

Incline Bench Press

Decline Bench Press

Curls

Triceps

Calf Extensions

another thing on the squat rack - facing the bar center grip pulling it up to my chin. Like picking up a bucket

Ab workout ~ 50lbs but that was too much have to get better at 40lbs

Then 45 Minutes of the Couch to 5k Program - Week 3

Warmed up 5minutes - then 90 second Intervals 3.8 mph / 6 mph for 45 minutes 3.5 miles total probably going to move up to "week 4" next week.
  #59   ^
Old Thu, Oct-23-08, 08:08

BF:

Yesterday was Cardio Day -

Did 30 minutes of the Running Program - Did pretty good - but the 3rd day in a row running was really dragging me down. 2.25 miles

Then did 20 minutes on the bike with high intensity intervals - 6miles
  #60   ^
Old Fri, Oct-24-08, 07:27

BF:

Did 45 minutes of the Running Program - 3.25 miles

Then 15 minutes on the Bike - High Speed Intervals it said I only burned 150 calories but it sure felt like more than that!