Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Aug-28-08, 19:24

Plan: WW Core
Stats: 244.5/232.5/160 Female 66"
BF:You noticed?!
Progress: 14%

Thanks for starting this Liz!

I recently have went off of Atkins 72 after having many tummy problems. I just made the choice to go to the WW Core plan to give my body a break. Today was my first morning with oatmeal, it was so wonderful! And I can't wait to try other vegetables and fruit!

I felt extremely guilty and have also thought about leaving this forum because I can no longer give LC advice on the boards while following a taboo plan. I planned to just continue to post in my journal and visit some other people's journals without visiting the boards until I saw your thoughts in Pennink's journal.

I AM SO HAPPY YOU STARTED THIS!

I'm not here to judge what other people are doing and I hope not to be judged or criticized for what I'm doing (another reason why I thought about leaving). I just want a place to belong and discuss my choices. I, also, would like to hear other people's thoughts and see what they are doing in respect to a moderate carb. plan.

Thanks Again!

Mary
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Aug-28-08, 19:25
Registered Member

Plan: who knows
Stats: 337/204/180 Female 67 inches
BF:100% pure
Progress: 85%

Hey, the forum title *is* Semi Low Carb plans. WW Core plan definitely fits somewhere in the low - moderate range.

I'm glad you are staying!
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Aug-28-08, 19:29

Plan: Atkins (veteran)
Stats: 321/206.2/160 Female 5'4"
BF:new scale :(
Progress: 71%

Well, I'm not moderate carb anymore. I'm low fat/high carb.

I started out thinking I would, but I am doing very very well on veggies, fruit and complex carbs. OMG, the friggin food pyramid is helping me lose weight. I MUST BE A DEVIANT!!!

#19   ^
Old Thu, Aug-28-08, 19:31
Registered Member

Deviant! We'll keep you anyway.

How high is high? I gotta mention one thing -- with Flex you are still settling in, right? My experience on low cal was what I was eating a month in was different than what I ate the first week, and at 2 months it was even more different.
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Aug-28-08, 19:32
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Me yoo!!

I love oatmeal...especially when my tummy is upset. Sometimes I'll have it for dinner with berries and bit of H&H on top.
  #21   ^
Old Thu, Aug-28-08, 19:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by LessLiz
Deviant! We'll keep you anyway.

How high is high? I gotta mention one thing -- with Flex you are still settling in, right? My experience on low cal was what I was eating a month in was different than what I ate the first week, and at 2 months it was even more different.

oh, about 200 a day.

i'm sure I'll keep morphing around. It's fairly close to what I did to lose 133 pounds before and I kept it off for years.

What really had me thinking hard about changing plans was Liz's rant, the 8 months of no real loss, and then gaining 20 pounds in one week on vacation and my niece, who's on WW for a while, regained something like 4 or 5 pounds and they were gone in one weekend.

I also can't justify that veggies were making me fat.
No... processed crap, hamburger helper, egg mcmuffins, sugary coffees, huge bars of chocolate, THOSE were making me fat, not the tomatoes and freakin' oranges I was eating back then!
  #22   ^
Old Thu, Aug-28-08, 20:24

Plan: Keto IF
Stats: 275/242.8/192 Male 72
BF:
Progress: 39%

Quote:
How did you arrive at your current way of eating?

It has been trial and error as I have needed to increase carb intake for activity level. Keeping track of diet/weight/exercise, has been very useful for me. It is interesting how quick the water weight comes and goes with very large changes in carb intake. I don't have a long diet history, but enough to get a feel of what works for me short term, it seems that a range of 60-120g works for losing, with a resonable calorie level.

On another note the HighFat Ultra Low Carb just does not seem right, at least to me, but there appears to be many on that path.

Good luck to all.
  #23   ^
Old Thu, Aug-28-08, 20:32
Registered Member

Welcome, Joel! I tend to eat somewhere between 60 and 150 myself, usually in the 80 - 100g range. I'm trying to get myself to stop counting though.
  #24   ^
Old Thu, Aug-28-08, 20:34

Plan: cronometer + Ray Peat
Stats: 185/118.4/125 Female 5' 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 111%

well, I am certainly IN! Penni knows how I've been struggling between switching to PPLP or WW--driving myself (and her) nuts!! so, I've decided I will give PPLP a shot for a few weeks or a month and see how it goes.......and then switch to WW if I still want to try it. my goal is to be able to eat daily some fruit, a variety of veggies, things like homemade chili, and occasionally oatmeal. like others have said, I cannot demonize veggies, fruit, etc. anymore--THAT is crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kallyn
I also felt that my thinking was becoming disordered, as it became about which foods I could "afford" to eat as though foods were nothing more than the carbs they were made of.
wow--I could have written that myself!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennink
I started out thinking I would, but I am doing very very well on veggies, fruit and complex carbs. OMG, the friggin food pyramid is helping me lose weight. I MUST BE A DEVIANT!!!
I'll be watching you closely.... keep on posting, please.
  #25   ^
Old Thu, Aug-28-08, 20:36
Registered Member

Thanks for joining us, Debbie!
  #26   ^
Old Thu, Aug-28-08, 20:38

Plan: cronometer + Ray Peat
Stats: 185/118.4/125 Female 5' 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 111%

I was just going to ask to make sure it's okay I joined--I know PPLP is still low carb, but I'm here to learn.
  #27   ^
Old Thu, Aug-28-08, 20:46

Plan: Keto IF
Stats: 275/242.8/192 Male 72
BF:
Progress: 39%

Quote:
Welcome, Joel! I tend to eat somewhere between 60 and 150 myself, usually in the 80 - 100g range. I'm trying to get myself to stop counting though.

I went May thru July with no counting or checking weight, just avoided stocking up on to many of my junk/trigger foods, sort of maintained where is was at. I think counting for me reminds me of what a resonable portion/serving size is. I don't want to keep counting all the time, maybe just a periodic check.
  #28   ^
Old Thu, Aug-28-08, 20:54
Registered Member

I've been counting for 11 years and (let me think..) 3 months and 21 days. That ain't right.

Since I have a Mr. Carbo in the house we have an entire cabinet of junk food. Mr. Carbo, BTW, is both thin and in perfect health. It isn't fair.
  #29   ^
Old Fri, Aug-29-08, 04:42

My Mr Carbo is also thin and eats constantly.

Lately, though, I started really looking at what he was eating (ingredients, etc) the dude's eating high fibre, low fat!
He eats rold gold pretzels instead of potato chips, for instance and not many
He really is aware of portion control

It just seems like he's eating all the time.

He's THRILLED with my new plan. He's finally not the odd man out I guess.

DD was on Atkins and lost 30 pounds. She's now on WW with me and has lost 5 pounds this week, her first.

man, I hate what I'm about to say, but: we are eating balanced meals. OMG! I used to scoff at that!!!!

Yes, there are times when I think I'd like to lose faster and think of doing stupid things like eating bacon and eggs for every meal, but i KNOW it comes back on me the minute I add carbs back.

I'm aiming for an average of 1 pound a week to lose. I just want to enjoy food and not be afraid of it anymore.
  #30   ^
Old Fri, Aug-29-08, 07:46
Registered Member

My Mr. Carbo eats red vines, Good and Plenty, Lays BBQ Kettle Chips, ice cream drumsticks, etc, etc. He's healthy in spite of his diet.