Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, Aug-08-08, 12:34
One Bite At A Time

Plan: South Beach Phase II
Stats: 232/183/130 Female 62 inches
BF:67/34?/20
Progress: 48%
Default Beginning Week 2

Dh is not overweight like I am, so our p90 workouts are somewhat different experiences for us. Having him next to me to share the experience with has been great.
I'm still not able to do any of the low-impact moves and have modified them to work the same muscle groups. For example instead of jumping jacks I do deep knee bends, keeping my knees bent even in the upright position. I do the arm movements for jumping jacks at the same time.

It's 6 days of p90 then 1 day off and yesterday was that day off. Boy was I ever glad. I'd had some outrageously good wine the night before and not being a big drinker I really, really felt it in the morning! Dr Agatston (South Beach) recommends a glass or 2 of red wine with dinner for health benefits so I bought a bottle of Chilean organic Cabernet that was highly recommended. It's called Natura and it tastes more like a very expensive Bourdeaux with those mellow earthy tones not usually found in Cabs. I'm getting more - only will limit it to one glass this time
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Aug-08-08, 12:40
One Bite At A Time

Quote:
This is not Power 90X ....it is Power 90! Just wanted to make that clairification because I seem to see the Power90X commercials alot lately and that is a WHOLE OTHER LEVEL---one that I won't be at for a long, LONG time!! But Power 90 you would definitely have no problems with!!
I totally agree with Gwen. My son did P90X and it's an entirely different level. ds & ddil are starting their second round of p90X. You know the p90 TV ad makes it look a lot harder than it actually is IMO.
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Aug-08-08, 13:33

Plan: Figuring it out
Stats: 366/282.2/166 Female 5'6"
BF:YEP/YEP/YEP
Progress: 42%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandra
I totally agree with Gwen. My son did P90X and it's an entirely different level. ds & ddil are starting their second round of p90X. You know the p90 TV ad makes it look a lot harder than it actually is IMO.

You DS and DDIL are doing their 2nd round of P90X?!?! Wow they must be in terrific shape and must look AMAZING!! Wow!! Just think 1 day you can be doing it along with them!?!?! YOU CAN!!!!!!!!
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Aug-08-08, 13:38

Quote:
Dh is not overweight like I am, so our p90 workouts are somewhat different experiences for us. Having him next to me to share the experience with has been great.
I'm still not able to do any of the low-impact moves and have modified them to work the same muscle groups. For example instead of jumping jacks I do deep knee bends, keeping my knees bent even in the upright position. I do the arm movements for jumping jacks at the same time.

I do the same! I am way too heavy for my knees to handle all that jumping...esp when I've had some problems with them in the past. So I do a modified version basically exactly what you described above. I'd rather do modified and be able to continue the workouts every day then to injure myself and be down for the count. But one day as I lose more weight and have been working out regularly I vow I WILL conquer jumping jacks!!

Hmmm...wine...please pass the bottle!....hmmmm...
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-08, 11:25
One Bite At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweny70
You DS and DDIL are doing their 2nd round of P90X?!?! Wow they must be in terrific shape and must look AMAZING!! Wow!! Just think 1 day you can be doing it along with them!?!?! YOU CAN!!!!!!!!

They are in great shape! Both were active & in pretty good shape before starting, but their results have been awesome. I'll e-mail you ds's before & after photos if I can find them. I have waaay too many photos saved on my computer so it may take a while.
They tell me that I'll be doing p90X, too. I'm still a skeptic, but am keeping an open mind.
  #21   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-08, 11:27
One Bite At A Time

Quote:
But one day as I lose more weight and have been working out regularly I vow I WILL conquer jumping jacks!!
That's exactly what I tell myself about the jumping jacks
I'm saying the same thing with push ups. Now I can hold myself up throughout the entire rep & do at least one. My arms are shaking like mad during the whole thing I'm up to doing 8 push-ups on the Sculpt days. The rest of the time I just hold myself up and shake
  #22   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-08, 11:29
One Bite At A Time

AUGUST 12TH is a great day to start!!!!! WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
  #23   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-08, 14:04

Quote:
That's exactly what I tell myself about the jumping jacks
I'm saying the same thing with push ups. Now I can hold myself up throughout the entire rep & do at least one. My arms are shaking like mad during the whole thing I'm up to doing 8 push-ups on the Sculpt days. The rest of the time I just hold myself up and shake

OMG!! I'm so with you on the pushups too!! They are killer!! Don't even to ask me to do the ones that are really close together. Fuhgetaboutit!! I'm just going to take one day and one pushup at a time!! If we keep at it we will get better and be able to do more there is doubt about it! And your family is right you will be doing Power90x eventually!! I can't wait to see your DS and DDIL progress pics. I bet they look amazing!!!!!!

Well about time for me to get outta here! Talk to ya tomorrow---wish me well on my first day of Power 90!!
  #24   ^
Old Tue, Aug-12-08, 00:48

Plan: Low-Carb
Stats: 209/194/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 25%

Thanks for the clarification that this is Power 90 and not P90x. I have seen the P90x infomercials. I am not sure if I have seen the Power 90 stuff before. I will check out the links.
  #25   ^
Old Wed, Aug-13-08, 10:19
One Bite At A Time

Default How Was Day 1?

Hey Gwen how was day 1 of P90?? I was thinking about you & sending you positive vibes and can't wait to hear all about it! Are you doing it in the morning like you'd planned?
Quote:
Don't even to ask me to do the ones that are really close together. Fuhgetaboutit!! I'm just going to take one day and one pushup at a time!! If we keep at it we will get better and be able to do more there is doubt about it!
I agree the hands close together are killer and I can't even hold myself up very long that way. The same for the hands wide apart. I'm still keeping mine under my shoulders 95% of the time. And I'm on the same page with you that one day we'll be able to do them.

I'm going to remember 'one day at a time & one push up at a time' as my motto. Yesterday was sculpt day and for some reason I just couldn't perform like usual and got very upset about it...I couldn't even hold myself up during the entire rep for push ups. I'm wondering if I pushed too much the last time since I actually did 8 push ups total for all of the reps... or if it's normal for your body to be weaker on some days?...Whatever it was, it was weird but I did what i could. I'm extra sore in the shoulder/neck area today so something is going on - a lot of muscles are growing for sure.

We're doing our cardio later today since dh had lots of work early this morning & I got up late (we had dinner guests & I got to sleep late, late, late).
  #26   ^
Old Tue, Aug-19-08, 10:33

Hey girlie! Stopped by your journal yesterday! Just got back from the beach and hoping all is well with you! Can't wait to catch up on Power 90 updates?!?! I'm just starting back...the beach trip kinda threw a wrench in my schedule but I'm back now so back to work!!!!!!!
  #27   ^
Old Wed, Aug-20-08, 07:12

PUSHED PLAY today!! Gosh this was a lot easier when I did this 30lbs lighter!! Ahh well...I will get there again!
  #28   ^
Old Fri, Aug-22-08, 06:35

OMG...did the Cardio section today and thought I was going to die. Wow...what a difference (and not in a good way) from how much I was able to do now vs when I was 30lbs lighter. It was almost enough to totally bring down my spirits and stop but I have to just remember that it will get better...I definitely prefer the strength portion over the cardio but I know it's all important. Plus the cardio section on Power 90 is a lot of strength training anyways....just using your own body.

Anyways, I survived it and will keep trying one day at a time!! Today is 4 weeks until the Outerbanks, NC vacation so I'm hoping to loose a few inches by then!!
  #29   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-08, 19:21
Registered Member

Plan: blah
Stats: 215/215/160 Female 57
BF:
Progress:

you all have done such great work. congrats to everyone
  #30   ^
Old Wed, Jun-24-09, 18:49
1 Corinthians 9:27

Plan: Hi-fat, low-carb
Stats: 241/239.8/199 Male 69
BF:Decreasingly so
Progress: 3%

Can someone please clarify the difference between P90X and P90? I'm interested.