Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-08, 03:00
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/HFLC
Stats: 165/118/113 Female 62"
BF:Yes
Progress: 90%

Harumph. It's pouring the rain (not really complaining, it's the first we've had in about 2 weeks and we desperately need it) meaning I'll have to make the dog sad and run on the treadmill. Poor poor puppy. I wouldn't mine the rain so much, but he's terrified of it - rain = thunder & lightening to him...

One more cup of coffee and it's Week6 Day2 for me.
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-08, 06:21

Plan: Moderate Carb...
Stats: 235/195/140 Female 5'3
BF:HELP!!!
Progress: 42%

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmoo
Harumph. It's pouring the rain (not really complaining, it's the first we've had in about 2 weeks and we desperately need it) meaning I'll have to make the dog sad and run on the treadmill. Poor poor puppy. I wouldn't mine the rain so much, but he's terrified of it - rain = thunder & lightening to him...

One more cup of coffee and it's Week6 Day2 for me.

Hey Grand...It's raining here too....I guess I'll try later or wait until tomorrow...we'll see. Good luck on your run...

TJ
  #78   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-08, 09:01
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeweeaka
Hey Grand...It's raining here too....I guess I'll try later or wait until tomorrow...we'll see. Good luck on your run...

TJ

Heheh, I just figured out where I got confused - I'm posting on SEVERAL different C25K threads in several different kinds of forums and boy do I get confused!

I wound up doing a pre-programmed workout on the treadmill. Decided that maybe that "day of rest" was put there for a reason...especially for us geezers!

I'm definitely going to up my carbs to about 50 NET and see how that does for me. I managed 55-20 fiber for a net of 35 yesterday, couldn't tell any difference this morning, but I guess it will take a few days!

Keep on keeping on y'all!
  #79   ^
Old Thu, Aug-28-08, 04:56
Registered Member

I made 47 net carbs yesterday. I'm also up 1.5 lbs, but it's probably just water. I'm going to drink 2x my regular amount today and see if I flush it out of my system.

Did W6D2 this morning - warmup, run 10, walk 3, run 13.45 (yes, with a stopwatch - not *quite* 14) then cooldown. I'll have to decide tomorrow if I'm going to repeat this or do D3 - 25 minutes...I was able to do my run outside with the dog, so he's happy and that's a good thing-LOL.

Later gaters.
  #80   ^
Old Thu, Aug-28-08, 10:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmoo
I made 47 net carbs yesterday. I'm also up 1.5 lbs, but it's probably just water. I'm going to drink 2x my regular amount today and see if I flush it out of my system.

Did W6D2 this morning - warmup, run 10, walk 3, run 13.45 (yes, with a stopwatch - not *quite* 14) then cooldown. I'll have to decide tomorrow if I'm going to repeat this or do D3 - 25 minutes...I was able to do my run outside with the dog, so he's happy and that's a good thing-LOL.

Later gaters.

Hey Congrats on your run.... I post to several different places too ....

Good Afternoon all, I missed my run yesterday and instead ran today....week 6, day 2... Not sure if I will skip tomorrow and run Saturday or just run tomorrow.... My run went very well and believe it or not the turtle is starting to speed up....yeah! I can't believe the progress that we have all made, it is so inspiring to read all of the posts. Personally, I can't believe I'm still here and enjoying it. I find myself looking forward to the 25 minute run....sweated alot today....repeating the intervals so that I could finish my course...3.5 plus miles... I still haven't seen any weight loss, but as someone else suggested I think my legs are much more toned than they were when I started...

Good luck to everyone today.... This is a terrific program!

TJ
  #81   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-08, 07:44

Finished week 6, day 3 today for my 25 minute run....actually ran for 46 minutes yippee! Wanted to see how long I could run....remember I am a turtle so it wasn't as far as I would have liked.... Need to really work on my speed, but it is difficult to speed it up with all this weight.... Anyway, glad that week six is behind me and on to week seven!!!

TJ
  #82   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-08, 07:54
Registered Member

Did 26 minutes yesterday, 2.11 miles. I was all proud of myself 'til I saw the post above me...

Won't get any formal exercise this weekend, but will be back on the asphalt on Tuesday morning.

See y'all then! Happy Labor Day Weekend (if you live in the States). Happy weekend if you don't!
  #83   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-08, 11:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 130/130/100 Female 164cm
BF:
Progress:

Hi I just started the couch to 5K programme on monday!! am really enjoying it so far. I got podcasts from i-tunes that tell you when to walk and when to run, set to dance music. i find them very helpful as you dont have to keep checking your watch!!
  #84   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-08, 17:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurlUp&Die

Hi I just started the couch to 5K programme on monday!! am really enjoying it so far. I got podcasts from i-tunes that tell you when to walk and when to run, set to dance music. i find them very helpful as you dont have to keep checking your watch!!

Welcome.... There are a lot of people who use those podcasts and they really enjoy them. It is a pain to keep checking my watch, I use my Ipod while running...

Again, welcome and good luck to you...

TJ
  #85   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-08, 21:39
Registered Member

Stats: 178/174.5/132 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 8%

Wow Skeeweeaka, 46 minutes that is awesome!!

Well done to you too Grandmoo, nothing wrong with 26 mins you should be proud

Welcome CurlUp&Die, I look forward to following your progress.

Yesterday was W6D2 for me, and I just stuck to the perscribed workout instead of trying to do more, and lo and behold I felt good, had fun and ran faster

Looking forward to the 25 min run tomorrow, but its raining cats and dogs at the moment so I hope it won't be too muddy.
  #86   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-08, 23:19

Plan: Atkins72/Paleo/NoGrain/IF
Stats: 285/220/200 Female 5 feet 5.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeweeaka
Finished week 6, day 3 today for my 25 minute run....actually ran for 46 minutes yippee! Wanted to see how long I could run....remember I am a turtle so it wasn't as far as I would have liked.... Need to really work on my speed, but it is difficult to speed it up with all this weight.... Anyway, glad that week six is behind me and on to week seven!!!

TJ

I was so disappointed to find that losing lots of weight did not help my speed. You might be different, but I just wanted to warn you not to expect miracles! 45 pounds down and I pretty much run just as slow as before. You really need to do actual speedwork to get faster. For me, doing leg-strengthening exercises is what did it.
  #87   ^
Old Sun, Aug-31-08, 22:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschwab
I was so disappointed to find that losing lots of weight did not help my speed. You might be different, but I just wanted to warn you not to expect miracles! 45 pounds down and I pretty much run just as slow as before. You really need to do actual speedwork to get faster. For me, doing leg-strengthening exercises is what did it.

oh no am I destined to be a turtle for life .... Oh well we'll have to see how it goes... Thanks for the heads up!

Aussie...congrats on week six..... On to week seven, we can do it!!!

TJ
  #88   ^
Old Mon, Sep-01-08, 01:16
Registered Member

BF:

I too have been hoping that if I ever manage to dump this extra 40 pounds I would instantly become a lean mean running machine I guess its not to be, I will just have to live with being a slowpoke. At this stage in my running career I'm just happy to be running at all

Anyhoo, today was day 3 of week 6 - 25 min run, in which time I covered just over 2.5km (yes when I said I was slow, I mean't really slow).

My runs don't seem to be getting any easier and I'm kinda dreading the 3 long runs next week, I like the intervals. However the immense satisfaction I get after my run makes it all worthwhile. Sometimes I think its a mental thing for me, today I was suffering more during the first 3rd of the run than I was for the last 3rd!?!
  #89   ^
Old Thu, Sep-04-08, 07:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiechic
I too have been hoping that if I ever manage to dump this extra 40 pounds I would instantly become a lean mean running machine I guess its not to be, I will just have to live with being a slowpoke. At this stage in my running career I'm just happy to be running at all

Anyhoo, today was day 3 of week 6 - 25 min run, in which time I covered just over 2.5km (yes when I said I was slow, I mean't really slow).

My runs don't seem to be getting any easier and I'm kinda dreading the 3 long runs next week, I like the intervals. However the immense satisfaction I get after my run makes it all worthwhile. Sometimes I think its a mental thing for me, today I was suffering more during the first 3rd of the run than I was for the last 3rd!?!

Hey Aussie... I'm with you I'm just happy to be running again... I hadn't ran since last Friday....I agree too much time between runs... Finished week 7, day 1, 25 minutes... Will have to run again tomorrow to make up for missiing out this week... Hope everyone has a great day!

TJ
  #90   ^
Old Fri, Sep-05-08, 04:59
Registered Member

BF:

Hi Seems a bit quiet on here the last few days, hope everyone is going okay with the running.

Well I finished Week 6 and then Thursday I did a 30 min run. I plan to do 4 more thirty minute runs between now and my first race next Sunday (3km). So I guess I've kinda diverted from the program again but 30 mins is so much more satisfying than 25 or 28 mins

I think I've found the program I will continue on with after my race www.halhigdon.com/spring/Springnovice.htm