Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jun-18-08, 04:44

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 182.4/175.8/130 Female 63 in
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default Butt-Cheek Sweat

We can be really honest right? :P When I work out I sweat a lot from my head and face and neck - but also the area right where the butt-cheeks crease. (not the butt-crack (thank god.))

I don't remember having this problem when I went to the gym before, but here it is now. And it's SO EMBARRASING! Yeah I know we're there to sweat, but come on - half moons of wettnes - under your booty is so not cool.

Yesterday I hoped on a bike for a while and was really getting into it, it was a great mix-up from my regular routine and I was enjoying myself. And then I got off. OMG. Instead of just the half-moons under my booty it looked like I almost peed my pants. I wouldn't be surprised if the other cardio room people actually thought that.

Does anyone know of anything special I can wear for this? Are there special shorts you can wear underneath work-out pants? I was thinking perhaps a different fabric - a more synthetic breezy type (I'm wearing a cotton-stretchy blend) - of workout pants might help - but I don't want to run out and buy 5 more pairs of new pants already you know?

Anyone else ever have this problem? Am I the only butt-sweat-er?

Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jun-18-08, 05:34

Plan: Generic LC with tweaks
Stats: 204/178/165 Female 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 67%
Default White, or black

Sweat doesn't show.

That's why tennis players traditionally wore white.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jun-18-08, 06:52

Plan: Mod Atkins
Stats: 170/162/110 Female 5 ft
BF:

Have you tried antiperspirant? I use my deodorant around my boobs & that area between my legs where panties elastics touches the skin.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jun-18-08, 07:08

BF:

Cs Carver - I was wearing black pants yesterday It for real shows, and heck I'm afraid if I wear white it'll show my underroos through like a wet T ! But thank you for the suggestion.

JosieMK - No, never thought of it in that place -lol - But I will for sure tonight, hahaha that's going to be a new experience for my deod stick! So it really does work for you in those places that you mentioned?
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jun-18-08, 07:13

Plan: Intermittent Fasting, LC
Stats: 242/215/130 Female 5'7.5"
BF:too/dang/much
Progress: 24%

Yes, it does. I have also used Desitin under my breasts when I work in the yard. It also helps wetness, and I don't like to use deodorant under my breasts. But, if I don't use "something" I'll get a rash (and half moons under my boobs ). And it doesn't get slimy like baby powder.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jun-18-08, 07:29

BF:

Thank You Thank You !! Like for real I'm still laughing at picturing myself deo-ding my booty-cheeks, but I'm more than willing to give it a shot. I want to not have to worry about how I look at the gym any more than I already do.

Thank You !
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jun-18-08, 07:53

Plan: Mod Atkins
Stats: 170/162/110 Female 5 ft
BF:

[/QUOTE]JosieMK - No, never thought of it in that place -lol - But I will for sure tonight, hahaha that's going to be a new experience for my deod stick! So it really does work for you in those places that you mentioned?[/QUOTE]

Yes but it has to be antiperspirant because they work by temporary closing the sweat pore. I don't have the same problem but where I live it can get pretty humid so I've been doing this with my deodorant. I normally don't sweat much either but I've been doing this for odor protection. I also use that crystal because I can't use regular deodorant so I get self conscience about B.O.
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jun-18-08, 08:04

Plan: Atkins/Southbeach
Stats: 315/225/200 Male 73
BF:17.6%
Progress: 78%

I know this is a sweat question but it reminded me of this....

As a big guy I've had a lot of chaffing problems on my inner thighs when sweating. The worst is a hot day at an amusement park and your underwear gets wet with sweat.....What I've done for years is Gold Bond Powder. After showering powder yourself on the problem areas. It will help prevent chaffing, rashes, etc....
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Jun-18-08, 08:58

BF:

Thank You Josie

Hi Cleave - Ack, I know what you mean, it happens to me when I wear skirts. Does Gold Bond hold up a lot longer than Baby Powder do you think?
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Jun-18-08, 09:25

Plan: Atkins/Southbeach
Stats: 315/225/200 Male 73
BF:17.6%
Progress: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindystar
Thank You Josie

Hi Cleave - Ack, I know what you mean, it happens to me when I wear skirts. Does Gold Bond hold up a lot longer than Baby Powder do you think?

They're both corn starch with different ingredians for fragrance and such. I do like the tingly feeling you get from gold bond. Yes, I think I can get 8hr day out of my gold bond.
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Jun-18-08, 10:41

BF:

Cleave if I get that and an 18 hour bra I'll be bionic. :P

Thank You
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Jun-18-08, 13:26
Bouncy!

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 297/173.3/150 Female 5'7" (top weight 340)
BF:41%/31%/??%
Progress: 84%

Synthetics, baby. Cotton is terrible for exercise wear. It traps moisture. Look for materials that are labelled "Coolmax" or "DryWeave" or something like that, but basically any light synthetic will work better.
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Jun-18-08, 13:47

BF:

ValerieL -

You must be right but it makes me laugh all I ever hear about is COTTON COTTON COTTON you know? Like for undergarments and keeping cool and such? Who knew I'd ever need synthetics?

Thank You Off to the GoodWill I go.
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Jun-18-08, 14:04

Plan: Atkins, IF
Stats: 214/214/150 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Under Armour under your workout clothes will help wick the sweat away from your skin but won't soak your clothes. Try the cheaper imitation brand that Walmart sells. I bought mine in the mens section.
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Jun-18-08, 14:59

BF:

Under Armour - coolness, I'll give anything a try to not look like weird and gross. Thank You Steph!!