Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Mon, May-19-08, 09:02
Every moment is NOW.

Plan: LC (ketogenic)
Stats: 520/381/280 Female 66 inches
BF: Why yes it is.
Progress: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuntWie
Boy oh boy! Me too! And I think it's all connected. Junk on the floor. Junk on the butt. We're just about through the season that's usually easiest for me. It's 102 out today. Supposed to be 104 tomorrow. I like walking in the evenings, but I'm guessing it won't be below 90 till way after dark, and I don't do well in the heat. Time to get out the WATP dvds I guess.

I'd really like to join you folks. 30 lbs would get me down the "overweight" category, and would be a lot healthier. I've taken my calories down to 800. Back up to 1700. I'm still stuck. I'm eating VERY low carb. No cheats. No sugar alcohols. I really think I'm just not moving enough.

My goals:
Get back to losing about a pound a week. More or less.
At least 30 minutes walking-type exercise, 3X a week.
Strength training, 3X a week.
More general moving around, including picking up the house, daily.
More salad and veggies.

My next trip to town I'll get a new battery for my pedometer, and start using it. I'm not going for 10,000 steps. I think I'll just see where I am and try to increase it by 1000 steps a day for, say, a month, then re-assess. How does that sound ?

I have a pedometer, which sounded like a great idea till I got it, and now I never use it LOL. But some people I know do and it's a great way to gradually increase movement and "pay attention to" how much movement is really happening.

I sometimes think 'clutter' around me relates to clutter on-body too. For over a year I've been gradually working on getting junk out of my house and garage. Still a lot to go, but it feels better aesthetically!

PJ
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Mon, May-19-08, 09:04
Every moment is NOW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tebesco
Am I ever in!

30 by the end of December, I'm sorry to say, will probably be a stretch the way things are going, but I'm glad to have something less improbable than 100 pounds to aim for.

My goals are:

- 30 pounds off by the end of December
- stop eating processed meat
- stop eating nuts (which are handy food on the go, but make me suffer nearly as much as gluten)
- work up to walking 30 minutes 3x week
- work up to strength training 3x week
- and the biggie: stop pretending like my autoimmune and probable thyroid issues are going to fix themselves and get to a doctor.

Thanks, PJ!

I avoid doctors almost pathologically so I understand...!

The way I see it, even 30 OUNCES would be ok if I can succeed at the "lifestyle habit improvement" I'm working on -- as I consider those much more important for the long run!

Glad you're setting the goals!

PJ
  #33   ^
Old Mon, May-19-08, 14:32

Plan: keto ancestral/IF
Stats: 330/189/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Here I am - late to the party. Sorry - busy last several days.

I would be THRILLED to lose a pound a week at this point, so 30 lbs by the end of the year - yeah that is a goal I can work with. I'm in. My goals:

Relax about how things go and realize my body just doesn't like to give it up, so I need to be okay with the slower loss
Stay with the new workouts that I've just started in the past few weeks
Maybe add in one more day of HIIT per week
Visualization & affirmation - usually I'm good at it - lately I've sucked - get back to it
Golf more
  #34   ^
Old Mon, May-19-08, 15:39
Registered Member

Plan: Atkinsish
Stats: 304/235/175 Female 5'4"
BF:O/M/G
Progress: 53%

Me too! Me too!

I've been stalled out for months now and have been trying to look deep into myself for some motivation. I don't know what's wrong - I've been eating low carb and experimenting with calorie intake but I'm not budging down an ounce. Like AuntWie, maybe I need to kick up the exercise and quit finding reasons to sit on the couch instead.

I would be so happy to be 30 pounds lighter by Christmas, though I don't know how realistic that is given my lack of success thus far this year. But I'm ready to give it the old college try - to be in the 160's would be a dream come true.

So, my action plan to help get me there:

Use Fitday. I've been winging it for a while and haven't been measuring my food at all. Maybe I've got some carb creep going.

Exercise at least 3x a week for 30 minutes. Honestly, it shouldn't be that hard, right?

Lay off the processed stuff. I LOVE salami, but I don't think salami loves me. Neither do excessive nuts or cheese.

See a doctor this summer. PJ, I totally get the doctor aversion thing. I haven't gone in for a regular physical in well over a decade. If it weren't for my gallbladder surgery, I wouldn't have seen a doctor at all in the last 12 years. I know my aversion has everything to do with my weight and even now I dread getting on a scale at a doctor's office. I don't even HAVE a doctor.

Last edited by lightenup : Tue, May-20-08 at 11:03.
  #35   ^
Old Mon, May-19-08, 21:43
Registered Member

Plan: PP, Atkins
Stats: 186/160/120 Female 60 Inches
BF:
Progress: 39%

Ok, in a backward sort of way I had a pretty good day. I've been bouncing between 170-171 for a couple of weeks. No sleep last night. Woke up and weighed 177. ARRRGGGHHH!
So I had to calm down. Think. Maybe more salt than usual? Maybe. Not a lot though. The weather! It was over 105 today. About the same yesterday. And the heat came suddenly. My body really doesn't like heat. It's got to be water weight. Nobody puts on 7 lbs in one or two days. Not fat weight, anyway. Right?
So I spent a couple of hours calming myself down, during which I must have polished off a couple of liters of water.
Then I pushed myself out the door for a walk. It was only 20 minutes, but it was outside in the sunshine. And it was really hot already. And I didn't want to go. But I did, anyway. Yea, me! if you know what I mean.
The rest of the day's been uneventful I just can't handle events in this heat. Should be cooler by Thursday, they say..... but I'm on plan, lots of water, lots of iced tea.
  #36   ^
Old Tue, May-20-08, 12:05
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 264.5/257/155 Female 5 Foot, 5 Inches
BF:
Progress: 7%

AuntWie, I can gain weight like that when it's hot! Most of the time it's when we spend the day at the beach. For some reason I retain water like camel when it's hot and/or humid outside.
  #37   ^
Old Tue, May-20-08, 14:33
Registered Member

Plan: who knows
Stats: 337/204/180 Female 67 inches
BF:100% pure
Progress: 85%

So this morning, I woke up and did the usual -- went to the bathroom and sqeezed the innards, got on the scales, lifted one foot, exhaled to blow out all my breath and that dreaded air weight, and looked down praying for the scales to stabilize before I passed out from the need of air. Through red and black flashes and heart palpitations, there it was on the scales, I saw it, a magic number: 200.8. Not quite Onderland, but lower than 201.2 - the lowest weight I've recorded. I inhaled quickly to prevent passing out, firmly closed my eyes to refute all that air weight, lowered the other foot (you know weighing on one foot makes a difference, right? ) and stepped down off the scales.

Surely this new magic number has arrived because I have taken up the 30 pound challenge, and not because I am sick as a dog and probably dehydrated, right?
  #38   ^
Old Tue, May-20-08, 14:37

BF:

Take it how you can get it, man!
  #39   ^
Old Tue, May-20-08, 14:51

Plan: To Lose - HHR
Stats: 280/225/179 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 54%

Liz, congrats! That 199 is just one haircut and a toenail trim away! I am sooooo excited for you!
  #40   ^
Old Tue, May-20-08, 15:03
Registered Member

Maxine, *brilliant* ideas! Maybe I can get a brazilian wax, too!

I bet if I could get everything out of my sinuses I'd be in Onderland!
  #41   ^
Old Tue, May-20-08, 15:07

BF:

Don't forget to exfoliate.
  #42   ^
Old Tue, May-20-08, 15:47
Every moment is NOW.

Well, being sick is a helluva way to lose it, but I say be happy for it no matter what the circumstance!
  #43   ^
Old Tue, May-20-08, 16:56
Registered Member

Exfoliate! Another good idea!

That's exactly how I feel about it PJ. I'll take it any way it comes.
  #44   ^
Old Tue, May-20-08, 19:35

Plan: atkins
Stats: 262/174.2/150 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

I am in the lose 100 pounds in 2008 challange although I joined late and I will in all probability not make it. I have been at the same weight for at least 3 weeks now... I joined for support....when it comes down to it I will just be happy with whatever weight I can lose. Are you starting with your current weight as the base for posting loss. Would you mind if I joined you as well.

My goals are portion control
to be sugar free
exercise for strength and stamina
and learning maintenance once at goal.
  #45   ^
Old Tue, May-20-08, 20:27

Plan: Atkins?
Stats: 475/420/180 Female 72 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Wow - what a group!

I'm in! I just started Friday and am still trying to FIND my Atkins book - but I'm in this for life - I think something has finally clicked this time. My inital goals should lead me to the 30 pounds!
1 - Find or buy Atkins (unless someone has a better suggestion)
2 - Get up early enough to eat BEFORE I leave the house
3 - Keep up journal and food diary daily
4 - Reference Reason 1 and Reason 2 pictures whenever I feel weak
5 - Keep it SIMPLE!

6 - Dare I say it - Exercise! Of course for me at this point that's cleaning my carpet which I'm doing now!