Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Tue, May-13-08, 16:05

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 196/165/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 55%

Quote:
Originally Posted by chele59
I second Chell921's sentiments - also here's "ACT II" - wait a few hours and pull out a bag of Bar BQ pork rinds and CRUNCH yourself well into ketosis!!! You go girl!!!

I had a coworker comment on my empty bag in the trash can - she thought the guy who works before me was eating them. I fessed up and said it was my guilty pleasure snack. She said they were bad and I said, yeah, I do get bloated from all the salt so I try to eat only one bag a week.

The look on her face was priceless, she has been doing nothing but gaining weight and I've only been losing - I wanted to whip out my Gary Taubes book and make her read it. I wish she'd low carb!
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Tue, May-13-08, 20:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 305.4/295.8/180 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by oblong
Where is Tuesday's instalment of the mad office weight watcher mother hen???

I NEED MY FIX!!!!

ROTFL!!! FORTUNATELY I was out of the office today because of medical appts.....Trust there will be more...especially after I go to the grocery store and start cooking all of these recipes I've found and taking them for lunch!.......Its almost time to take the hen to the chopping block!....hmmm...isnt hen on the acceptable foods list????!! ...LOL!
  #63   ^
Old Tue, May-13-08, 22:58
<---The Crazy One!

Stats: -/-/145 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 25%

just make sure to smother the hen in butter before you roast her.
  #64   ^
Old Tue, May-13-08, 23:20
Registered Member

Plan: just low carb
Stats: 125/125/125 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress:

Oh yes! You certainly must eat something that you must dip in butter!
Perhaps a plate of shrimp...

Be sure to say, "Mmmmmmmmmmm" after every indulgent bite!

Must.have.butter.dip

#65   ^
Old Wed, May-14-08, 01:41
Paleo and proud!

Plan: Paleo / Primal
Stats: 210/175.6/168 Female 70 inches
BF:40%/34.4%/30%
Progress: 82%

Quote:
Originally Posted by swhite24
ROTFL!!! FORTUNATELY I was out of the office today because of medical appts.....Trust there will be more...especially after I go to the grocery store and start cooking all of these recipes I've found and taking them for lunch!.......Its almost time to take the hen to the chopping block!....hmmm...isnt hen on the acceptable foods list????!! ...LOL!

Haha *PHEW*!

I was worried for a second there

Whatcha cookin'?
  #66   ^
Old Wed, May-14-08, 02:51

Plan: Intermittent Fasting, LC
Stats: 242/215/130 Female 5'7.5"
BF:too/dang/much
Progress: 24%

Quote:
If they drew blood to test your cholesterol, DON'T let them freak you out. It's too early for you to see how your cholesterol WILL straighten out. Go to the cholesterol forum here and read that. DON'T let them put you on a statin. In case you can't tell, my doctor wanted to put me on statins. My TC was 235 (after I let him put me on diuretics which I'm no longer taking) and my good cholesterol (HDL) was 75. My bad (LDL) cholesterol was 150. It's not a risk until 160. Triglycerides were 65. What is important is that your HDL be over 50, and your triglycerides be low. Usually a low carb diet will drop them under 100 in no time.
  #67   ^
Old Wed, May-14-08, 04:58
Registered Member

Plan: Neocarnivore
Stats: 375/345/250 Male 74 inches
BF:
Progress: 24%

Good luck today. If your numbers come out good from the Drs (which there is a chance they won't) that will be good to wave as a red cape in front of the WW bull****. She will look at that, credit her meddling and not look at anything else.

If they turn out bad or normal, then they make a good reference for you when the numbers start changing.
  #68   ^
Old Wed, May-14-08, 06:25

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vpeach
just make sure to smother the hen in butter before you roast her.

ROTFL!!!!
  #69   ^
Old Wed, May-14-08, 06:39

Plan: LC
Stats: 248.4/245.4/170 Female 5' 6 "
BF:
Progress: 4%

Quote:
Originally Posted by swhite24
Yeh, I think I am going to have to get a little more sharp tongued with her. I'm still not going to tell her anything though. It would take away from the fun of it all......For her sake I hope she doesnt catch me on a day that TOM has really made itself at home and I'm in one of my moods!..lol...

I honestly hope you don't get with her at all. Just keep giving her those innocent answers. That way when it's all said and done you can let your weight loss have the ultimate last word. Besides, we all are enjoying this waaaaay too much, this is what I call real entertainment.
  #70   ^
Old Wed, May-14-08, 19:22

Plan: Atkins maintenance
Stats: 170/120/130 Female 65 inches & shrinking
BF:
Progress: 125%

just bumping so we don't lose this on page 2!!!
  #71   ^
Old Wed, May-14-08, 22:51
Registered Member

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 150/150/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress:

swhite24,

Has your coworker been saying how much weight she has lost so far?

I think racing against her (even without her knowledge) could be very motivating!

[evil laugh]
  #72   ^
Old Thu, May-15-08, 06:31

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunnypot1
swhite24,

Has your coworker been saying how much weight she has lost so far?

I think racing against her (even without her knowledge) could be very motivating!

[evil laugh]

I've only once heard her talking with some of her buddies about how she is losing but not as much as she would like.
  #73   ^
Old Thu, May-15-08, 07:27

BF:
Default Doggone It Here we Go Again!!

Well I'm back to work today. I having another hefty non-egg white omelet. Luckily, she doesnt say anything about it this time. I'm thinking, Phew! Finally some relief!".......until she hears me ask my co-worker for a few packs of Splenda to put in my coffee. She says to my co-worker, "L****, what are you doing with Splenda? Remember we said that Splenda was bad for you. I brought Equal for everyone instead" So L**** says, "Yes i know. I just gave Sheri my last few packs of Splenda. Didnt want them to go to waste." So she says to me(dang I thought I was off the hook) "Sheri, you should really stay away from the Splenda. Remind me to e-mail you an article about it. I have Equal in my drawer whenever you need it dear".
Now maybe I'm missing something here...I didnt know that Equal and Splenda were so different. Arent they both artificial sweetners?

Aaaaarrrrrgh!! This woman is gonna drive me crazy!....lol......But I'm loving every minute of it!
  #74   ^
Old Thu, May-15-08, 08:32
Always Shining

Stats: 363.3/332.6/145 Female 5'7"
BF:'fraid so...
Progress: 14%

Loving this thread!

Artificial sweetners are not all the same.......however, I would vehemently disagree with your co-workers. Aspartame (Equal) is much more dangerous from what I've read. Here's an easy to read and understand article for you.. http://aspartamekills.com/lydon.htm

Not to say that Splenda is problem free, but at this point, I still believe it to be the lesser of the evils.
  #75   ^
Old Thu, May-15-08, 10:39
Registered Member

Stats: 264.5/257/155 Female 5 Foot, 5 Inches
BF:
Progress: 7%

I have to say that this thread is for sure keeping me entertained this morning. It's almost like "As the Hen Turns"!.LMBO.

As far as equal vs. Splenda....Yuck, I can't stomache the thought of having equal....literally! Aspartame gives me such bad migraines my world comes to a complete halt and tears my stomache up to no end for 2-3 days.