Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Fri, May-09-08, 12:48
AntiSAD

Plan: finding my happy place
Stats: 245/231.4/200 Female 67 inches.
BF:
Progress: 30%

Quote:
Originally Posted by swhite24
i really want her to leave me alone!..lol...

You're a far better woman than I. I would've had enough the second time round.

It would go something like this;

But then how could I post the daily drama for a good laugh!
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Fri, May-09-08, 12:49
Registered Member

Plan: Neocarnivore
Stats: 375/345/250 Male 74 inches
BF:
Progress: 24%

Quote:
HAH! LMAO! you are something else!!..lol..i am trying so hard to not say anything but it gets harder everyday..i really want her to leave me alone!..lol...
She will. You stick to it, don't give her anything to argue with, and keep losing weight, pretty soon she will start avoiding you. If it looks like you are doing better than she is, she will have to. There's no way she will walk up to your desk and (in effect) say, "I'm a tub of lard and you're not, so let me tell you how to change your life."

As long as she thinks you are doing it her way, but doing it better, she will hide in the supply closet. If you let on about low carb, she will even argue with success.
  #33   ^
Old Fri, May-09-08, 14:44
Paleo and proud!

Plan: Paleo / Primal
Stats: 210/175.6/168 Female 70 inches
BF:40%/34.4%/30%
Progress: 82%

This thread makes me laugh! I can't wait for the next instalment.

I love how she's trying to give you hints and tips on how to improve your diet, and you're just humouring her
  #34   ^
Old Fri, May-09-08, 16:21
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 209/170.2/140 Female 5'5'
BF:
Progress: 56%

OMG!!! You are all so funny!!!
swhite24: You are a better person than I am, I like your way of handling this!

^^ these tickers are so cool!

Last edited by ak_babe_2b : Fri, May-09-08 at 18:16.
  #35   ^
Old Fri, May-09-08, 17:34

Stats: 305.4/295.8/180 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamlynn
I can't wait, I can't wait, I can't wait till they start noticing your weight loss. I'm only down 12 lbs. and people are already starting to notice. Every time we eat those disgusting eggs with all that fat (about a dozen a week for me), it signals our body to burn fat and we are literally melting before their very eyes - AWESOME. Let's hear it for eggs and Ranch dressing!!!

Hip Hip Hooray!!!!
  #36   ^
Old Fri, May-09-08, 17:52

Plan: Atkins/PP blend
Stats: 163.4/157/145 Female 60
BF:
Progress: 35%

You are SOOOOO lucky to have her share her vast amounts of wisdom with you!

Poor woman isn't going to know what hit her when you reach your first goal and she's still trying to lose her first five lbs!
  #37   ^
Old Fri, May-09-08, 18:40

Plan: Atkins maintenance
Stats: 170/120/130 Female 65 inches & shrinking
BF:
Progress: 125%

Isn't it great to eat well, lose weight, get healthier, and make "holier than thou" WW people envious!!????
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baerdric
The breakdown of civil society is my goal.

So ..... I can relate to your goal, BUT ... when did society become civil???
  #38   ^
Old Fri, May-09-08, 19:04

Plan: My plan
Stats: 212/190/180 Female 62"
BF:go/n/down
Progress: 69%

Thanks for the laughs guys!

Swhite, you just keep doin what you're doin girl!
Keep eating those delicious foods and Not that crap tht WW people are eating!
  #39   ^
Old Fri, May-09-08, 19:30
Registered Member

Plan: PP, Atkins
Stats: 186/160/120 Female 60 Inches
BF:
Progress: 39%

You guys are too much!

I'm inclined to agree with Baerdric, here.
Quote:
As long as she thinks you are doing it her way, but doing it better, she will hide in the supply closet. If you let on about low carb, she will even argue with success.

It's not my place to tell you how to handle her, of course, but I think you've been doing such a GREAT job so far.... listening to her, nodding with sincerity, then doing what you know is right. If I were you I think I'd just keep it up.

Egg white omelets. ARRRRGGGGHHHHH!
  #40   ^
Old Mon, May-12-08, 07:13

BF:
Default Heaven Help Me!!!

This morning I'm eating my usual scrambled eggs with cheese and mushrroms and turkey sausage and of course the same lady comes to my desk and says, "Sheri, I thought we agreed that you were going to switch to egg whites young lady?" ......ok this is not a good day.....Its very close to TOM and the flood gates have opened to release the fury of water weight gain. I know that I havent fallen off plan AND I've been exercising daily.... only to step on the scale this morning and I'm back up 4 frickin' pounds . I'm trying not to get discouraged. Just blame it on nature. But, I really dont want to hear this lady's theories today. I am not in the mood. So, I say to her(Lord forgive me for telling a fib) very dry and short...."Well I tried them and they didnt sit well on my stomache. They made me sick.".........then she says, "Really? I'm sorry to hear that. Well you know I'm just looking out for you. I know you said that you started exercising. I just dont want to see all of your hard work in the gym go to waste because of bad food choices.".......At this point I want to let her have it! tell her everything! but I still bit my tongue and thanked her for being concerned and then got up and acted like I had to go to the copy machine. Lawd Have Mercy!!
(This is going to be a long summer!..lol..My goal is to keep working hard and get her off my back by the end of the summer. )
  #41   ^
Old Mon, May-12-08, 07:28
Paleo and proud!

Plan: Paleo / Primal
Stats: 210/175.6/168 Female 70 inches
BF:40%/34.4%/30%
Progress: 82%

Aah don't worry about the water weight from mean old TOM. Give it a few days and it'll be back to normal... I've decided to give up worrying about weight for that one week of the month, and just stay on the LC as best as I can.

I can't believe this woman is making a point of commenting on your breakfast EVERY day. Sheesh! Although it's providing all of us with a lot of entertainment, I'll never get over how some people find the time to judge others in this way.

Keep up the good work swight, we're all behind you 100%, even if your co-workers are being a pain in the arse!
  #42   ^
Old Mon, May-12-08, 07:41

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oblong
I can't believe this woman is making a point of commenting on your breakfast EVERY day.

Its puzzling to me too....I try to be respectful because she is kind of like the "mother" of the office being the oldest and all. Then I come and I'm the youngest in the office. She is the WW ringleader. I assume she has recruited everyone else and now I'm a new project for her...lol......i'm gonna be a tough cookie........no a tough steak to catch!!..lol...
  #43   ^
Old Mon, May-12-08, 08:38
Registered Member

Plan: Neocarnivore
Stats: 375/345/250 Male 74 inches
BF:
Progress: 24%

Quote:
"Sheri, I thought we agreed that you were going to switch to egg whites young lady?"
Yow, did you sign a paper or something making her GOD ALMIGHTY!!!?

I really admire you for sticking with the subtle method under such pressure. I don't know if letting her make "agreements" for you is a good idea in a workplace, but I doubt there is anyway to avoid it without blowing your cover.

You could try, "I looked it up and did you know that egg whites are almost pure protein? And you know how those dangerous high protein diets can make your kidneys asplode..."
  #44   ^
Old Mon, May-12-08, 08:44

BF:

Quote:
Yow, did you sign a paper or something making her GOD ALMIGHTY!!!?

I really admire you for sticking with the subtle method under such pressure. I don't know if letting her make "agreements" for you is a good idea in a workplace, but I doubt there is anyway to avoid it without blowing your cover.

You could try, "I looked it up and did you know that egg whites are almost pure protein? And you know how those dangerous high protein diets can make your kidneys asplode..."

Thats what kind of pinched my nerve....I'm thinking, "what!? I never agreed to anything. All I said was thanks for the advice."......She is the oldest here and she is kind of bossy and a little pushy. Everyone just kind of goes along with her. I swear she has everybody in here eating egg whites and oatmeal!!..lol.....i dont know if they are eating it happily or just to shut her up...lol.....
  #45   ^
Old Mon, May-12-08, 08:45
Scottish Flower

Plan: Lighter Life
Stats: 210/171/145 Female 5ft 3 1/2
BF:no i'm married :)
Progress: 60%

When she does finally get off your back (damn she has a thick skin!!) you'll certainly weight ALOT less