Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Apr-21-08, 18:23

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 324/283/245 Male 71.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 52%
Default Goal Weight? Am I the Only One?

I have 3 stated goal weights: The nice round number I am shooting for, 200. My 100 pounds lost in 2008 number, 211. And my "I certainly wouldn't consider this 2008 effort to be a failure" weight of 240.

TDC'ers, if you are not yet close to goal, do you think you can predict where you will end up?

Here is my thought; because I have been heavy for almost 20 years I don't REALLY know what my goal weight is. I weighed 185 through most of college. Most of my six years in the Marine Corps was 200-210. In college and in the military I lifted weights and ran frequently. I don't work out for bulk anymore and it's harder for a 48 year old to build muscle mass anyway. So it is possible that I could stabilize at a weight of 185 to 210, or even lower. But then, aging seems to put a few pounds on most people so it could go the other way.

Bottom line, like most on this forum, I have goals. But at 275, I am still too far away to accurately determine where I want to be. I do know that I plan to find a comfortable weight and stay there for some years.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Apr-21-08, 21:46

Plan: keto ancestral/IF
Stats: 330/189/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 74%

My actual goal is to get to a point where I feel good and look good. I figure I'll recognize it when I get there. My stated goal weight is just based on my height, and what I weighed once-upon-a-time. In the meantime, I'll keep on keepin' on, because really, I'm going to be doing this for the rest of my life anyway. Actually - I feel pretty darn good right now, and I certainly look much better than I have looked in years - but I'm not yet at a point where I am happy with my size - so I'll keep up with the attempt to lose until I'm at a point where I look in the mirror and think, "Okay - now it's time to maintain." I am trusting that I am in tune enough with myself that I will recognize that point when I reach it.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Apr-22-08, 08:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 280/272.5/170 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 7%

I have lots of goals. I want to get under 200 by my birthday (end of August)...although I would like this and am shooting for it, I'm not going to beat myself up if it doesn't happen as that would be 86 lbs off from Jan 1 to August 25.

I want 100 lbs off by December 31st, marking my 1 year on plan.

I have mini goals of 10 lbs a month to get me to these other goals.

Ultimately, my goal is 170, which is the top of my "healthy weight range" for gender, age, and body frame size.

Anything after that is a bonus. I'd like to be able to get into a size 8 jeans, which is probably 150 for me. When I was 185 a few years ago, I was in size 12 jeans, and could almost fit into size 10 jeans.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Apr-22-08, 08:19

Plan: My own
Stats: 340/340/180 Female 5' 10"
BF:way/too/much
Progress: 0%

I've set my goal weight at 170, but only because "they" say you should pick one.

I work with a girl who's got a gorgeous and healthy body and almost died when I found out she weighs 180!

I'l know it when I gte there as far as look and feel, but I'm keeping the number as something to work towards.

Nicole
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Apr-22-08, 09:16

Plan: my own
Stats: 253/176.0/153 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 77%

I've been heavy my whole entire life. My goal is set at 150 pounds, but realistically, it might be higher than that. The last time I literally weighed 150 pounds was in Junior High School. Is this realistic for me at this point in my life? I'm not sure! I don't want weight loss to be a constant issue in my life and I don't want to have to struggle to stay at an unrealistic weight. I think I'll know when I get there. At least, I hope I will!
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Apr-22-08, 09:44

Stats: 281/210/200 Female 5'7.4
BF:44/34.12/34
Progress: 88%

My "mini" goal weights are: 240 *Which I've already hit*
181 *because this weight will be 100lbs down*

My final goal will be between 145 and 160, it's just depends what weight I feel good in.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Apr-22-08, 11:05

Plan: paleo-ish
Stats: 482/400/240 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 34%

My 'next' goal is 349, because then I'll no longer be supersized. That will be a huge milestone.

My posted goal weight is based on the insurance tables. Back when we were looking for individual insurance coverage (and I didn't qualify) I asked what I *would* have to weigh to be insurable, and that's the 'magic' number.

I know I was below 300 years ago for a while right after I did Optifast, but I can't remember what my final number was. Otherwise, I haven't been that small since my early teens when I remember being 210 when I went to Planned Parenthood the first time, so I have no idea what I'll pick for a 'final' goal.

That's too big a difference to contemplate at this point.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Apr-22-08, 11:24

Plan: LC
Stats: 248.4/245.4/170 Female 5' 6 "
BF:
Progress: 4%

I chose 170 as my goal weight because if I remember correctly that's when I started to have to buy larger clothes and the weight started to show. Up until then I carried the extra weight fairly well. Plus I lose inches at a much higher rate than I lose weight and at 170 I probably would look like 145-150 and would be perfectly content with that.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Apr-22-08, 11:47

Plan: VLC
Stats: 265.4/238.8/199 Female 5'5.5"
BF:
Progress: 40%

I have a number of goals, large and small. For my ultimate goal, I keep thinking 122, because that's about what I weighed in college and because that's the number I naturally returned to while I was living in the Virgin Islands in my early 30's and didn't have access to my favorite foods. Since I'm older, 122 may not be reasonable. My guess is my weight will eventually settle around 150 to 160.

I was talking to my doctor the other day. She said she continued to lose weight for 7 years after she started on Atkins. With that in mind, I'm going to shoot for 155 (BMI 25) and let nature decide where I end up after that.
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Apr-22-08, 11:57

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 310/270/220 Male 6'-0"
BF:it is for now
Progress: 44%

My first goal is 208, or 100 lbs in one year (by November 1). I'll re-evaluate my weight goals at that point based on muscle mass and generally how I feel about myself. After that I will consider going as low as 180 lbs.

In terms of prediction, I used the MyPLAN chart to extrapolate when I'd hit my 100 lbs lost goal. If I continue losing at the rate I am, about 10 lbs per month, I can expect to be there in August. If I can maintain my "goal" of 2 lbs per week, I will get there in September. The problem with doing extrapolations like these is that they don't take into account the slowing rate of weight loss that I know from experience I will encounter as I continue. It also does not take into account any change in physical activity which will probably be a necessity for me. Either way, my overall goal of 100 lbs in one year seems completely possible.

I have a couple of weight milestones as well. At 235 lbs I will be the same weight as when I quit Atkins in 2004. Another milestone will be when I move from the "Obese" BMI category into the "Overweight" catagory at 220 lbs.
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Apr-22-08, 12:35

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 324/283/245 Male 71.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoWhammies
My actual goal is to get to a point where I feel good and look good. I figure I'll recognize it when I get there.

That's really what it all boils down to for me. Meanwhile, it is fun to have specific numerical goals to strive for.
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Apr-22-08, 21:44

Stats: 331/322.2/200 Female 5'9
BF:All Of Me
Progress: 7%

I just picked a number that i think i "may" be able to get down too with ALOT of work!!!! Which is 200lbs....Im big boned and tall so Im be a happy happy gal!!!! Anything under that would be an extra bonus!
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Apr-23-08, 03:53

Plan: Carnivoire
Stats: 373.6/373.6/150.0 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

I have several goals...

275 (i like round numbers) will be over 25 pounds down
250 will be over 50 pounds lost
200 over 100 pounds lost
and 150 cos thats the HIGH end of what the doctor says I should weigh, however the last time i weighed 150 I was 16 years old.

Truthfully my FINAL goal is to be in a size 12 so I can shop at REGULAR clothing stores. The number doesn't mean much.
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Apr-23-08, 04:35

Plan: atkins
Stats: 262/174.2/150 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

I had a little late start in lose 100 in 2008. I have lost 24 and would be happy to lose at least 51 more by the end of the year....of course 100 would be better but I will take what I can get...
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Apr-23-08, 05:26
Registered Member

Plan: Neocarnivore
Stats: 375/345/250 Male 74 inches
BF:
Progress: 24%

Yeah, I have a couple of goals, 250#, the one I post, is the "It's a reasonable goal that I could possibly reach". 200# would be my "Dream weight" and 180# would be "Fighting Trim" and would be quite slim on my huge frame.