Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Fri, Mar-28-08, 12:43
Registered Member

Plan: adkins
Stats: 315/306/175 Female 5ft 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 6%

I'm a eighties girl all the way! I love big hair!!! I don't really have a dream wardrobe. My dream is to walk into ANY store see something I like that fits and buy it!!! No more fat gurl stores!!! There has got to be more to life than catherines, LB, Roman's and Fashion Bug!!!
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Fri, Mar-28-08, 16:03

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 304.6/196/172 Female 5' 10
BF:
Progress: 82%

For me, pretty much anything Ralph Lauren. Suits by Austin Reed.
  #33   ^
Old Fri, Mar-28-08, 16:33

Plan: Atkins (veteran)
Stats: 321/206.2/160 Female 5'4"
BF:new scale :(
Progress: 71%

Texasgurl, gotta tell you a story:
so, finally I don't go to the 'big gurl' stores and let me tell ya... it's kinda scary in regular stores! I missed, at first, the ease of shopping because things all match in one store. I missed the not trying things on. I missed the comaraderie in those stores because the retail girls knew all about my woes with clothes.

Now I walk in and I'm a bit lost. I work in fashion too, but what would work for me?
finally, though, it's alllllll coming back. The wonder of having so much choice is blowing my mind!!!!!!

I LOVE clothing!!! I love getting dressed each day now! It's nuts! Been a long, long while.
  #34   ^
Old Fri, Mar-28-08, 17:55

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 281/210/200 Female 5'7.4
BF:44/34.12/34
Progress: 88%

My dream outfit is a black and white pinstripe Dickie's scrub set ( for work). I would also like to get a fitted white shirt with a mid length skirt and calf boots.
  #35   ^
Old Fri, Mar-28-08, 18:15

Plan: I eat all of the eggs. :)
Stats: 600/400/160 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 45%

Quote:
Originally Posted by .veronica.
Do you ever hope/fantasize of your dream wardrobe?

I just fantasize about getting into the clothes that are too small for me, currently sitting in my closet.

*That* is my dream wardrobe.
  #36   ^
Old Fri, Mar-28-08, 18:18
AntiSAD

Plan: finding my happy place
Stats: 245/231.4/200 Female 67 inches.
BF:
Progress: 30%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowjax
LOL.. I LOVE the 80's. Music, clothing, cars, and especially big hair on the girls. I think that Aqua-net needs to make a big comeback.

I liked the big hair on the guys!!

I can't wait to wear some saucy tops and cute capris.

Lingeree will be totally fun too!
  #37   ^
Old Sat, Mar-29-08, 08:41

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 262.2/247.2/204 Female 5ft 1/2 inch
BF:
Progress: 26%
Default Jeff Foxworthy type??

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowjax
This might sounds silly, but I'm kind of stuck in the 80's.
I'd love to get some nice black cowboy boots, blue jeans, white t-shirt, and a salt and pepper sports coat.
Something like this for the coat.

When i was watching 'are you smarter than a 5th grader" the other night i was thinking of this thread! how funny is that? Are you going for a jeff foxworthy type look?
  #38   ^
Old Sat, Mar-29-08, 09:44
Registered Member

Plan: who knows
Stats: 337/204/180 Female 67 inches
BF:100% pure
Progress: 85%

I just bought a pair of white capris and a zip front blouse with a tiny green and white check pattern. The saleslady at Nordstroms talked me into trying it on, and I was surprised by how good it looks. I paid more than I should have, but this is the first cute, non-business outfit I have bought in more years than I can count!

Now I need to find some cute sandals to wear with it. And I *need* for the weather to warm up because I think I'd look a little funny wearing capris and sandals in the snow!
  #39   ^
Old Sat, Mar-29-08, 11:25

Plan: Hi-Protein, low calorie
Stats: 194/155.2/124 Female 59.5"
BF:57%/42%/22%
Progress: 55%

I've enjoyed all the 80%-ers reports and further dreams on what to wear--at 80% and at goal. I know from past experience when I briefly weighed 100 pounds (and my height was 5'1 3/4") that I bought some of my clothes in the subteen sections of stores. They *were* cheaper. Since I like classic styles, I could find them there.

So I know that when I reach 94, I will be hunting out the size 1s, or going to the subteen section, for my clothes. When I get out of Lane Bryant/Woman Within clothes, I will probably have to go to a store and see what happens. There are a lot of sizes between me and goal!

This past week, when I began to believe that my WOE would work for me losing weight, I went through my closet. On the way up, I have hung on to a few things that I like. I ranged them in order of size, dreaming of working through them.

Does anyone remember at what percentage you started to think of getting new clothes, or shopping the thrift shops?
  #40   ^
Old Sat, Mar-29-08, 11:36

I started getting new clothes at about 50 pounds down. Before that it was just 'shopping' in my own attic. People at work were always talking about how many outfits I had, but it was just going through the sizes.
Suddenly I hit a place where my smaller clothes were so out of date I had to pick up a few things here and there.
Then at about 75 down I remember running out of pants (I had some that were ankle grabbers and very high waists). I bought my first pair of 18s and I was thrilled.

Then I started buying in real stores (not just thrift stores) because the thrift stores pants were way out of date.

I went to Walmart (still afraid of boutiques) at about 100 down, and bought 16s. I was in shock!
Now I buy mediums... MEDIUMS in tops and blouses. I shop at boutiques now. I feel so overwhelmed by all the pretty things!!!!

but... you MUST buy a few nice pieces for on the way down. How you feel about yourself really makes a difference to keeping on this plan.
  #41   ^
Old Sat, Mar-29-08, 11:42
Registered Member

Quote:
Now I buy mediums... MEDIUMS in tops and blouses. I shop at boutiques now. I feel so overwhelmed by all the pretty things!!!!
You go, girl! I honestly can't imagine buying anything with medium on it and having any body part besides a hand or foot fit in it! Ever! Not ever! You saying it right there in black and white makes me think... well, maybe some day.
  #42   ^
Old Sat, Mar-29-08, 11:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by LessLiz
You go, girl! I honestly can't imagine buying anything with medium on it and having any body part besides a hand or foot fit in it! Ever! Not ever! You saying it right there in black and white makes me think... well, maybe some day.

ya, well, I'm a triangle. Itty bitty top and wide load butt. I keep convincing myself that J-Lo is a pear and I will eventually look like her... HA!
  #43   ^
Old Sat, Mar-29-08, 11:46

oh, and the first time I bought a really wide belt in a medium I almost died and went to heaven. I wear belts every day! BELTS!!!
  #44   ^
Old Sat, Mar-29-08, 11:51
Registered Member

I'm an inverse triangle with boobs to match the shoulders. I am pretending that one day I will have a waist and be close to a top heavy hourglass.

Belts? A WIDE belt? Oh.My.God.
  #45   ^
Old Sun, Mar-30-08, 14:27

Plan: Atkins / IF / High Fat
Stats: 325/320/175 Female 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 3%

Belts? What's a belt? I'm not sure I know that word. HA!