Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Mon, Mar-24-08, 06:07

Plan: LC, HF, PP
Stats: 214/188.2/140 Female 5 feet, 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 35%

Hey Alia - Don't give up! Sometimes it takes several months for your blood pressure and cholesterol to come into alignment, but it WILL happen. Doesn't your dr. notice that you've lost 25 pounds???? Stay strong!

Jess, that's great! It's so much easier to do *anything* when your DH is doing it too (e.g., smoking, quitting, etc.). Mine needs to lose weight like a hole in the head, but he eats what I make and I'm hoping that will affect his general health for the better. There are so many benefits to low carb aside from weight loss. Having a good day, I'm solidly at 199, so starting to work towards my next goal!!!
Chris
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Mon, Mar-24-08, 08:29
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 161/151.8/127 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 27%

HOLY CRAP! i efing gained 5 pounds!~ the scale this morning said 149. I dont understand wtf! i am so mad!!! i have done some kind of exercise everyday for the past 2 weeks and i havent put a single piece of bread, pasta, potato in my mouth! i definatly feel toner. I seriously could cry.
  #93   ^
Old Mon, Mar-24-08, 08:51

BF:

Jess - DO NOT PANIC. Repeat, DO NOT PANIC.

Are you PMS'ing? Are you eating too few calories? Would you commit to posting your menu's this week? You can't gain 5 pounds in a weekend, it's water weight. Hang in there, girl - seriously!
Chris
  #94   ^
Old Mon, Mar-24-08, 09:32

Plan: atkins
Stats: 295/248/150 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 32%

jess sorry about the 5lb gain...like chris said IT IS water weight! hopefully in the next couple days you will have it taken off again
weigh in-255 this morning...met my goal woohoo! that makes a 4lb weight loss this week, but only 4 days of working out (i sucked this week!).
chris how are YOU doing? haven't heard much from ya...
  #95   ^
Old Mon, Mar-24-08, 09:56

BF:

Hey Alia - I'm hanging in there. Been busy at work and stuff, nothing major going on. CONGRATULATIONS for making your goal, one day early!!!! Awesome!!!! I'm still working on being fitday faithful and trying to keep my fat % up. And lie around thinking about exercising...
:-)
Chris
  #96   ^
Old Tue, Mar-25-08, 13:24

BF:

hey gals, what's happenin?
  #97   ^
Old Tue, Mar-25-08, 23:01

BF:

im LOL at the thought of you laying around thinking about exercise. hahaha! i have been pretty good so far this week since last week i only did 4 days.
so i have switched to south beach. i figured since i was only going to eat lean meats then i might as well switch plans. i have had success with sb in the past so im really hoping to get the same results. im giving it a little under 3 weeks (which is when i go to my next dr's appt to check blood pressure) and if the blood pressure hasn't changed and i haven't lost and weight on sb i will switch back to atkins. i must say i am really enjoying drinking my skim milk and eating my beans again.
  #98   ^
Old Wed, Mar-26-08, 09:09
Registered Member

BF:

Good Morning! So i am sorry about my little temper tantrum. Bill and i went out to eat last night. We ate whatever we wanted. Amazingly i didnt wake up this morning wanting to kick my own ass. hahhahah but now we are so head strong about doing this diet right. I am starting over from scratch so this is day one of induciton. so alia, you doc issnt too supportive of the atkins diet?

a little off topic... i have been having dreams the past two nights that i am pregnant.hmmmmmmmmmm?

hey chris! well i guess im off.
ciao bellas
  #99   ^
Old Wed, Mar-26-08, 09:56

BF:

Alia, good luck with South Beach! From the reading I've done, sounds like avoiding grains and starches is still an issue. What kind of beans are you eating? I hope this works out well for you, keep us posted!

Jessica, good for you, recommitting. It can be difficult at times to stay on track, especially when the scale is stubborn. I went a little carb overboard last night with my chicken curry - luckily today I'm not very hungry and feeling good (I was still under 30 carbs for the day, but over 20, which I avoid). *Still* contemplating that old elliptical. Maybe this evening???? Hah hah.
Chris
  #100   ^
Old Thu, Mar-27-08, 14:06

BF:

jessica i think it's really good that you gave your system a "reboot"...i have had cheats in the past and try not to beat myself up about it (then it's a loose-loose situation)
chris i have been eating black beans and ff refried beans...yum! i have been making a lot of quesidillas with the beans and cheese and they are really good. i haven't lost anything in 3 days (still at 255) so i may be switching back to atkins b4 the 3 weeks...still need to think more about this tho. im so confused...
i see your still hovering at 199...i really do think it is from not exercising enough. if i don't workout daily i just maintain my weight. how have you been doing this week?
  #101   ^
Old Thu, Mar-27-08, 19:24
Registered Member

BF:

hey girls. i really dont have anything new to report. the scale isnt budging.... Alia i am a little jelous of your quesidillas! sounds pretty tasty! chris i am totally with you on only "thinking" about working out. i did go on my treadmill today for about 18 minuts but i stayed at such a slow stride i didnt even break a sweat. i am hungry. today i had some bacon.... few peices of cheese.... 2 hamburger patties..... some chicken salad. i am getting sick of meat. and i am havingreally gross burps!! hahaha sorry tmi!
  #102   ^
Old Wed, Apr-02-08, 12:19

BF:

Hi ladies,

Yoo, hoo, anyone still around? Alia, thanks for the post in my journal :-)
Chris
  #103   ^
Old Wed, Apr-02-08, 20:27

BF:

hey girl im still here
my sis had her baby yesterday and i officially derailed. she was in labor all day yesterday and the first thing i was able to put into my mouth (AT 9PM!!!) was a burger and french fries and a shake. ahhhh! then today i had a sandwich and some nachos from another fast food places!!!!!!!!! im back on plan tomorrow, but too scared to get on the scale...
i want to blame the fact that we had NO time and have been eating out for every single meal, but in the end i could have picked healthier options and didn't.
  #104   ^
Old Thu, Apr-03-08, 05:56

BF:

Hang in there, Alia - it's not the de-railing that's important, it's the ability to get back on track! Truly :-)
Chris
  #105   ^
Old Thu, Apr-10-08, 11:56

BF:

Yoo hoo??? Alia??? Jessica??? Where did everyone go???