Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#91   ^
Old Tue, Dec-18-07, 07:54
neverwhere

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

OMG. I dont even want to think about Christmas. Well, I think I'll be ok on this dinner. My dad is making stuffed artichokes, and I intent to eat the small bit of stuffing thats in them. But other than that, my dessert will be an lc cheesecake, and my dad is making manicotti for a pasta, which I dont like anyway. And the main course is always some kind of meat and various veggies.

It's christmas eve at my cousins house thats a bother. It's nothing but cookies, fudge, pies, and pastas and breads. We are only there for a few hours at night though, so maybe I'll just load up on tons of fat during the day, so I'll be so full and constipated by the time we get there I'll just writhe in pain in a fetal position by their tree!

Thats a plan But seriously, I'm the queen of finding excuses to stay off plan, but I really need to be serious, and I cant keep letting holidays derail me.

Tomorrow we're having the holiday party here, and they plan to order a pan of chicken broccoli and ziti. It's tempting to eat it all (its my favorite food ever), but at least I can pick out the chicken and broccoli, and not completely bow out of lunch. It's time to do this right, and not fall off every other week because something comes up.
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Tue, Dec-18-07, 08:00
Strong Chicks Rock!!

Plan: Atkins (total, not net)
Stats: 194/151.2/150 Female 5'5"
BF:35.8%/19%/17%
Progress: 97%

Nicole, why not pick ONE thing at Christmas Eve dinner that you will allow yourself to have a REASONABLE portion of? Mentally, that goes a long way, I think.
  #93   ^
Old Tue, Dec-18-07, 08:02
neverwhere

Plan:
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMyGSDs
Speaking of "yay for fat". I had a stare down with a tub of whipped cream cheese last night. I wanted to just rip the lid off and scoop it out with my fingers. Slowly increasing fat and calories is proving to be harder then the PSMF!

Yeah, I loved whipped cream cheese. I just love cheese way more than I have any right to. Although, I havent made cheesecrisps since I said I was going to stop, so I'm doing ok. I think the only cheese has been in my casserole, and a slice of cheddar in the turkey club I ate at the mall. I havent snacked on it at all, although my fridge is full of cheese right now

How slow do you have to go?
  #94   ^
Old Tue, Dec-18-07, 08:08
neverwhere

Plan:
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Nicole, why not pick ONE thing at Christmas Eve dinner that you will allow yourself to have a REASONABLE portion of? Mentally, that goes a long way, I think.

I dont think that will work for me. I would probably end up saying F it, and grubbing on everything. I just dont know what portion control is. I am going to make an effort not to touch anything bad at all. Your rule would only apply if they had something so decadent and out of this world that its a must try, but that has never happened in all the years we've been going there.
  #95   ^
Old Tue, Dec-18-07, 08:18
Strong Chicks Rock!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverwhere
Yeah, I loved whipped cream cheese. I just love cheese way more than I have any right to. Although, I havent made cheesecrisps since I said I was going to stop, so I'm doing ok. I think the only cheese has been in my casserole, and a slice of cheddar in the turkey club I ate at the mall. I havent snacked on it at all, although my fridge is full of cheese right now

How slow do you have to go?

I know it's really have not to over-indulge on cheese. BTDT

Once you get to goal, you can swim in cheese.

I don't need to go super-slow, but after the PSMF, my body really needs at least a 2 week break from anything extreme so my metabolism can reset.
  #96   ^
Old Tue, Dec-18-07, 08:19
Strong Chicks Rock!!

Quote:
I dont think that will work for me. I would probably end up saying F it, and grubbing on everything. I just dont know what portion control is. I am going to make an effort not to touch anything bad at all. Your rule would only apply if they had something so decadent and out of this world that its a must try, but that has never happened in all the years we've been going there.

I used to be the exact same way. Doing the PSMF has really helped me in terms of the way I think of free meals though. I'll have a few molassas cookies (my FAV) and some mashe potatoes and gravy at my Grandmother's house on Christmas, but that will be it.
  #97   ^
Old Tue, Dec-18-07, 08:27
Strong Chicks Rock!!

Okay, it's 9:30. NOW can I say where the hell is everyone?
  #98   ^
Old Tue, Dec-18-07, 08:29

Plan: Atkins (veteran)
Stats: 321/206.2/160 Female 5'4"
BF:new scale :(
Progress: 71%

Hi guys,
making my epic todo list -- I think I'm going to pop...

freaking weight is going up! wtf?
  #99   ^
Old Tue, Dec-18-07, 08:30
neverwhere

Plan:
BF:
Progress:

Going up by how much? Probably just bloat....
  #100   ^
Old Tue, Dec-18-07, 08:31
neverwhere

Plan:
BF:
Progress:

OMG. I MUST remember to bring my gift tomorrow for our holiday party. Wanted to bring it today and I completely forgot. Will be mortified if I forget tomorrow.
  #101   ^
Old Tue, Dec-18-07, 08:34
neverwhere

Plan:
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Okay, it's 9:30. NOW can I say where the hell is everyone?

Yes you can

What do all you latecomers have to say for yourselves??
  #102   ^
Old Tue, Dec-18-07, 08:35

Plan: why do you want to know?
Stats: 180/135/150 Female 67"
BF:??
Progress: 150%

Morning Nicole and Stacie.

I'm at 36 weeks today, only 2 to 4 more weeks to go. I'm holding on to the fact that 38 weeks is technically term, because I think I'd be a raving lunatic if I had to go to 40 weeks, not to mention the munchkin might not fit on the way out.

Nicole-I have no idea what portion control is, either. It completely eludes me. I constantly have to think if I'm hungry or if I just want to eat.

I have a doctor appointment today, I'm going weekly from here on out. I'll let everyone know what fun it was!!
  #103   ^
Old Tue, Dec-18-07, 08:36

Plan: Atkins (veteran)
Stats: 321/206.2/160 Female 5'4"
BF:new scale :(
Progress: 71%

Quote:
Going up by how much? Probably just bloat....

well, it went up from 191 to 195, then to 197, now it's at 201!!!!!

I did have macadamia nuts, the freakin' tangerines (3) and a can of soup... no big piles of anything. That was on Saturday that I ate that.

No other cheats... nothing.

I don't get my TOM so it's not that... sheesh. I don't exercise... nothing...

could it be cortisol or whatever... that stress bloating?
  #104   ^
Old Tue, Dec-18-07, 08:38

Plan: IF and LC
Stats: 178/174/145 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 12%

Quote:
Whoa, calm down tiger...its not even 830 yet

Today
B lite n fit, hb egg
L chicken broccoli casserole
D I think hotdogs and mashed cauli. There is one more piece of casserole but I think I will be officially burnt out after todays lunch. I'm already not looking forward to it

Okay, I had a totally creepy and weird dream last night. I was at Manda's house, and me and her DH kept wanting to mess around, but I was afraid Manda would see us and be mad at me I kept looking to see where Manda was, and she was always busy with Camryn, but I was too afraid she'd find us. No idea what thats all about. But I woke up totally confused and upset

#105   ^
Old Tue, Dec-18-07, 08:39
neverwhere

Plan:
BF:
Progress:

Ugh. Holy roller is being difficult. Now she doesnt want the lunch being catered tomorrow. She's demanding chinese. I guess she hasnt started atkins yet.

Oh, AND she's not participating in the secret santa. So therefore, I say she has no say in the food. Bitch.
Closed Thread