Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Wed, Dec-19-07, 14:05

Plan: Primal-ish
Stats: 212/181/150 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Hi Diana, hope to see you after the holidays!
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Wed, Dec-19-07, 16:37
Registered Member

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 230/220/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKENYPD
umm about the whole sex and seperated thing IMHO its either one or the other I understand there are feelings there but if its over its over, you should not be there for his needs if he is not there for yours ( yes Iam a man eventhough you would expect this rant from a woman) he is not gonna get his act together if he knows he can come over and have his needs meet , if you guys are trying to reconcile then maybe conseling would be better than his coming over to nap and screw..... sorry if its a bit harsh

First of all I want to say ... you guys have no idea how much it means to me, to have all your support, replies and concern!

I do hear you Mikenypd ... I think it's so hard because he is there for me many times when I need him. He's gotten me groceries when I'm sick, he's taken me to the hospital for my surgery when nobody else coudl/would.

So that 's why there's this confusion over lines and boundaries and neither of us know where we want them drawn.
  #33   ^
Old Wed, Dec-19-07, 16:40
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by connie7
I think it's a good idea NOT to start until after the holidays. No need having all that temptation discouraging you so soon. I think even Dr. A suggests in at least one book that the holidays are not the best time to start this WOE.

Start fresh, in the New Year, with renewed committment to this WOE. It'll be easier, and you'll do fine.

Oh yes, and I'm SURE it's fine to keep posting even though you aren't going to start until after the holidays! Everyone is welcome (except trolls!)

Happy Holidays, and all the best to you.

Yes, I think you're right ... it's not Christmas to me, without anise cookies and gingerbread men ... and because my sisters are doing stuff to hurt me and my sons are so distant lately ... I have nothing to soothe me accept the times I spend with Jim and the things that comfort me and remind me of Christmas past.

Thank you for permission to continue to post ... it's so nice to have this support and even the comments are helping.
  #34   ^
Old Wed, Dec-19-07, 16:42
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingdance
Hi Diana..hugs to you and comforts!

I tend to agree with Mikenypd

If you are just letting him come over and 'whatever'..that isn't helping your relationship any

I would tell him either you work on the ENTIRE relationship, or not at all..

Just sex is not a good foundation..

I'm sorry, I bet this is hard for you!

Good luck

It IS hard, it's the hardest thing I've ever gone through. I lost both parents to cancer within a year, my sons moved to the other side of the US, and hardly ever talk to me, I'm not speaking to my sisters because of some stuff going on, it's very very hard.

Jim is the only comfort (if only a little bit) I have right now.
  #35   ^
Old Wed, Dec-19-07, 16:46
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pengu1
Hi Dianna55.

The holidays are a tough time to start induction, I know since I started on July 1st. What my GF and I did was start eating an induction type menu while cutting down on the sweets and treats. We changed our drinking habits from beer to Atkins friendly cocktails, and drastically cut down on the carbs. We still did our holiday partying, but with the idea that we would start low carbing soon. We would just do it in baby steps. We cut out the pasta and potato salads, and the chips and dips. I guess you could say we weaned ourselves off of the high carb foods we used to eat.

After the 4th of July, we just cut out the few bad foods we had eaten and started a clean induction. Going from a semi-low carb to induction reduced the amount of cravings we had and made it a bit easier. I guess I would call it a "pre-induction" diet.

As far as your relationship is going, you are the only person who can dictate what works for you. I can only echo MIKENYPD and say that if he thinks he can use you whenever he wants and get away with it, there will never be any incentive for him to change. It's up to you to change this.

Good luck with your diet!

The 'pre-induction' sounds like a good idea .. I just might do that.

Yes, I know that's true about him ... and I'm trying SO hard to gather the strength to do what I need to do .. I"m just still not sure it's divorce.
  #36   ^
Old Wed, Dec-19-07, 16:48
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoDiva
Welcome to the forum!

Don't let him use you as a 'booty call'. That surely won't help your depression/weight loss journey. You are worth so MUCH more!!

I hear ya, but there are times I'm so lonely and feeling depressed, that I need to contact ... and the companionship, even if it's not so great.

Hopefully, with the visit to the psychologist, I'll find out once and for all, if it's clinical (medical) depression or situational .. and perhaps CAN find a medication to help me.

I've tried 7 so far ... no good, so not sure meds ARE the answer.