Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#91   ^
Old Wed, Jan-16-08, 18:22
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

Had an uneventful day- nice!
CM- 2 eggs, 2 slices bacon, cheese, coffee
CM: chicken cesar salad
RM: salad, spinach, chicken breast, carrot soufle, 1 small cookie, 1 tiny piece of pizza (leftover from DD lunch)

more carbs than usual for me- I skipped the wine and the other cookies (these are really small shortbread fingers). I feel okay, but plan on having a balanced RM tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Thu, Jan-17-08, 13:34

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 340/285/175 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 33%

Today's RM was a chicken breast with tropical mustard dip and a nice salad. I like having salad at the RM so I can add some of the french fried onion bits to it! And I had a clementine for dessert along with about 2T chocolate chips. A delicious and very satisfying lunch!

I've been having some really great workouts the past few days! I'm on my way downstairs in a few minutes to do today's workout.
  #93   ^
Old Fri, Jan-18-08, 07:33
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

sounds great!
I must be eating in a way my body really likes right now- I hve been at 125 for the last couple of weeks without my usual up/down (up a few, down a few, up a few, down a few). I think less alcohl and sugar is the key.

Last night the RM was a splanned- didn't even look at the menu. Wine, salad, crab cake sandwich and green beans (the veggie of the day).

Tonight- meatloaf!

Hope you are all doing great- please post and tell us what's happening!
E
  #94   ^
Old Sun, Jan-20-08, 07:36
Registered Member

Plan: Evolutionary Diet
Stats: 170/137/130 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 83%

Weighed myself this morning and dog gone it, up again. Retrying CAD - a little under a week and have gained 2 pounds so far. This menu posting helps a lot, I have to say. When I see it in print, it's eye opening. I'm so grateful for this list!

Early AM Coffee with cream (15 minutes)

Lunch
Ground beef stroganoff with mushrooms over cauliflower mash (with butter).

Dinner
Kale salad with bacon, onions, tomatoes, mayo/sour cream dressing
Broccoli with cheddar sauce (no flour)
Turkey
Whole wheat pasta with cheesy sauce (w/ cream cheese)

Activities - walked doggie twice for 30 minutes each, hilly terrain.

As I look at this, I think I can see a problem - too much fat. The trouble is, if I watch the fat, I feel like I'm on a diet again and I feel deprived. Oh well.
  #95   ^
Old Sun, Jan-20-08, 09:58
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi Sara-
not just too much fat, but a lot of dairy/cheese. I see lots of people who say that dairy stalls them. Maybe try less dairy and see what happens? Other than that, looks good to me.
Please get your book back out, maybe see if your library has CALP too. I find that reading the books (again) helps too.

And this is more than weight loss- it is correcting the insulin issue. Maybe give it some time? But a couple of pounds may also be water and just normal fluctuation. I think that is why the Hellers recommend averages.

Had cabbage and beef soup last night- more like a stew. BIG bowl- , 1/4 c yogurt with 1 t honey, and 1/2 a roll was dinner. For me, a great RM with no salad. LOTS of cabbage- LOL.

today-
CM: 2 egs, 2 slices turkey bacon, 1T cheese, coffee
CM: Bowl of cabbage and beef soup
RM: (planned) salad, grilled chicken breast, couscous, broccoli, yogurt

COLD out, but sunny. I'm going to take a LONG walk- but I'll bundle up!
E
  #96   ^
Old Tue, Jan-22-08, 17:56

BF:

I've had a cold the last several days....didn't let it interfere with eating right! I didn't do any workouts till today. Felt good to exercise again.

We are working on using up the foods in the freezer and cupboards so we're having some interesting meals. I need to quit stocking up on some of the frozen veggies! I really don't need 4 or more bags of brussel sprouts at one time!
  #97   ^
Old Wed, Jan-23-08, 07:25
Registered Member

BF:

Well, down a pound - one step up, two steps back, zero sum... but hey, it's progress. Tried two meals daily, but hungry in the morning. I think the cold weather stirs up my appetite, particularly since I walk my dog in the early AM. Agree to comment about dairy and cut way back.
Yesterday's menu
Cup coffee with cream
Omelette with mushrooms, green peppers, with a tablespoon of cheddar, and two small sausages.

lunch - few slices of roasted lamb, cauliflower

dinner - left over lamb slices, extra servings of cauliflower (out of salad), small slice of homemade ginger/chocolate bread. Wasn't that hungry at dinner, so portions were small...
  #98   ^
Old Wed, Jan-23-08, 13:54
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

Hi-
sara, just see what happens.There are people who are affected by dairy, by AS, by the chemicals in processed meats- you name it.

Had a bad RM last night- went out with friends to a place one of them picked. Just burgers- no salads and no veggies. SO I had a burger- felt sort of gross this am and very swollen. Oh well- chalk it up to experience. I will not go there again, and will not let this friend pick the next restaurant!
My mom is insisting on taking us out to dinner tonight and tomorrow- to where she wants to go. SO tonight I'll have salad and sup and chicken. Tomorrow is steak- I'll have salad, steak, spinach and a glass of wine.
I am also going through the freezer- down to my last bag of green beans and last couple of boxes of spinach.
I'm looking forward to taking a walk later- I just want to move!
E
  #99   ^
Old Wed, Jan-23-08, 15:37

Plan: CALP, CAD
Stats: 330/318/145 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 6%

Hi Everyone!
I had a couple of eggs with a little cheddar cheese this morning, and I just woke up (work nights). My RM tonight is going to be a salad and wings............ whoo hoo! I'll probably have yogurt for dessert. Down a total of 7 pounds since the 1st of January, and feeling great.
Sherry
  #100   ^
Old Thu, Jan-24-08, 17:32

BF:

I made an interesting discovery today. I normally have my RM at lunchtime because then I can have a nice meal with DH before he goes to work. The past 2 days, I have had my RM in the evening with DS instead. No particular reason other than just wanting to.

Well, today I woke up ravenous! I had 2 revolution rolls with egg salad (made with 2 eggs). About 2 hours later I was starving again! I did part of my workout and then it was time to make lunch.

RM was mashed cauliflower with feta cheese and onions with ground beef mixed in - yummm! I also had another revolution roll with some cream cheese and a square of pumpkin bake stuff that I made last night. All small portions. And about 2 hours later I was starving again! I'm still really hungry but haven't had anything but water.

When I have my RM at lunch, I can go 5-6 hours without any sign of being hungry and I when I wake the next morning I'm still not all that hungry. But moving my RM to evening does this to me all the time.

Now that I know the pattern, I can avoid the problem. I could never see the connection before but today I sat and thought about it and that's the only thing different I've done.
  #101   ^
Old Fri, Jan-25-08, 08:09
Registered Member

BF:

Gained back the one pound I lost over the past two weeks. Yesterday's meal: 15 min coffee with cream; CM: Salad Nicoise (Tuna/egg/string beans/olives/few slices of tomato/lemon-oil dressing/lettuce)
RM: leftover mousaka, salad, spinach w/butter, small piece of dark chocolate. And the two vs three meal question- I did three meals the last few days, and doesn't seem to make much difference. And I'm watching the 60 min limit... There's really not much more I can do other than cut out the coffee. But then, where's the fun?
Today: 1 cup coffee w/cream so far and plain tea. Plan on lunch out today - caesar salad with chicken, planned dinner - tilapia, salad, veggie something and something beanie (need the fiber). I think I'll give this one more week and no results, probably back to Atkins. I may be too carb sensitive for CAD.
  #102   ^
Old Fri, Jan-25-08, 15:58
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

gee, I wish I had some ideas for you. Anyone out there have any ideas?
I think your plan to give this another week is a good one. I know there are people who need less carbs than they eat on CALPI hope you at least feel good.

I have had house guests for more than the last 2 weeks. I am looking forward to just being home tonight- eating leftover steak, soup and got a pumpernickle bagel for my RM carb! When I add in a salad I'll be set.
It is cold, but I took a walk. Think I'll go to bed early tonight.
I broke my streak of staying on 125- after all the meals out I went up 5, down 3 and hope I will be back to 125 again soon.

I have lots of activities over the weekend, and I'll have to be creative with CMs. Tomorrow's RM will be chick fil'a- need to eat fast. Sunday wil be back home for RM- I need to go shopping and stock up!

Have a great weekend-
E
  #103   ^
Old Sat, Jan-26-08, 12:45
Registered Member

BF:
Cool Still trying to lose but feel great anyway

Well, I am down a pound today. Had a tofu/cabbage stir fry for dinner. I really want this to work because of all the LC diets I've tried, this one really appeals to me the most. I love the RM and in truth, I feel fantastic - lots of energy and good mood. I'm going to cut back a bit on the carbs during RM and make sure to eat more fiber - beans in particular and try to do less meat during the week - fish/tofu instead. Joining the gym where I work. Hope I go! Tonight will be challenging because we are taking our son to an awards banquet and have absolutely no idea what they're serving. But if it's anything like the ones I have been to in the past, it's probably a lot of pasta or pizza. I will probably eat something high protein before I go and if there's nothing that suits, I'll just drink water and hang out and deal with an RM later. Western omelet this morning and will have tuna and green salad a little later this afternoon. S.
  #104   ^
Old Sat, Jan-26-08, 16:06
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi S-
if you feel great, why not focus on that and just give your body a chance to stabilize? We all act like the fast weight loss is the goal, but ......

Beautiful day today- took an hour walk. Had my usual morning CM, had tuna and spinach for lunch CM, and am having the chick fil'a sandwich withsalad and coleslaw and a cookie (from home) for Rm tonight.

Tomorrow I think I'll grill some little steaks.

E
  #105   ^
Old Sun, Jan-27-08, 09:32
Registered Member

BF:

Banquet had cold cuts and salad (and pizza and pasta!). I had salad and some roast beef with a bit of mayo and horseradish. But when I got home four hours later, I was really hungry so I ate another salad and leftover tofu stir fry.Today - small hamburger with salad and dinner plan - blackened fish/mashed cauliflower, Texas "caviar" (black beans/feta/lime/red onion/olives), green salad with homemade caeser dressing. Getting used to black coffee. Maybe I will kick the cream habit eventually? Cold and gray outside, but good incentive to stay indoors and do some house cleaning.
Closed Thread