Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Sat, Oct-20-07, 10:14

Plan: my own
Stats: 253/176.0/153 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 77%

Quote:
Char: I forgot to ask before, but what is a "revolution roll"?
I'm not sure who mentioned this originally, but from what I understand they are a type of LC bread. There must be a recipe for them in the recipe section! I've never tried them myself though.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Sat, Oct-20-07, 21:26

Plan: atkins
Stats: 255/209/160 Female 5ft 5in
BF:
Progress: 48%

Welcome Jeri!!!
When I need "help" I use coconut oil. It works great for me.
  #33   ^
Old Sat, Oct-20-07, 23:20
one day at a time

Plan: south beach
Stats: -/-/- Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 20%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennink
my Atkins book (72) allows caffeine. And I've done pretty well drinking one or two each day.

don't worry about it unless you find it bothers you in some way. Most of the huge losers here drink coffee every day.

"Pretty well" indeed--congrats on almost 100 down, Pennink!!!!!! You are a superstar!

Oh, and I went back and re-read, and you are the one who mentioned "revolution rolls" (sorry, Char, but thanks for answering anyway!)...what are they, exactly?

Last edited by sassafras : Sat, Oct-20-07 at 23:26.
  #34   ^
Old Mon, Oct-22-07, 08:22

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 284/252/160 Female 5'7"
BF:Yeah its there
Progress: 26%

Jeri- Magnesium is one of the several vitamins and minerals I take. I find it really helps me. Is it working for you?

How did everyone's weekend go?

I think I'm going blonde this afternoon if I can keep up the nerve that is. Hubby will get a kick out of it, lol.
  #35   ^
Old Mon, Oct-22-07, 08:53

Plan: Atkins (veteran)
Stats: 321/206.2/160 Female 5'4"
BF:new scale :(
Progress: 71%

Revolution Rolls are from the Atkins 72 book. They are great and you can make them so many different ways.

Here's a good thread to get some ideas.
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=342185
  #36   ^
Old Mon, Oct-22-07, 08:56
Registered Member

Stats: 293/278/160 Female 72 in
BF:
Progress: 11%

After two weeks of induction I'm down 8-1/2 pounds, that's good enough for me. I'm going to stay on induction for another two weeks, I'd like to get to the 240's before starting up the ladder.

Still not "regular" but my body takes time to adjust.

Saturday night my DD had a friend over for the night and I ordered pizza for everyone else and some fried mozzarella sticks for me. I ate the pepperoni and cheese off one piece but didn't touch the crust, use to be my favorite part.

Last night I dreamed I binged on Edy's Frozen Fruit Bars, Lime flavor, and organic pop tarts. I woke up in a panic freaked out that I had "blown" my diet. I can't tell you how relieved I was to realize it was a dream!

KellyO - I went and had my hair highlighted last week. I have so much gray, the beautician has to cover my dye my hair brown and then do the highlights. Hope you like going blonde!
  #37   ^
Old Mon, Oct-22-07, 08:58

Plan: Atkins (veteran)
Stats: 321/206.2/160 Female 5'4"
BF:new scale :(
Progress: 71%

I haven't left induction yet. The only thing I'll add a couple of times a week is a sliced strawberry and about 23 almonds.

Many people who have a good amount to lose stay close to induction levels for a while.
  #38   ^
Old Mon, Oct-22-07, 22:39

Plan: atkins
Stats: 255/209/160 Female 5ft 5in
BF:
Progress: 48%

How was everyone's weekend? Super, I hope. My husband might be coming home for a day or two this week. I'm excited. I miss him. He's been out a month this run (he's a truck driver). I wish he could stay home longer but you know, Christmas is only 2 months away, yikes!!

I've been on a mad taco binge lately. I had two yesterday, two the day before and two today! That's what I did last week with cheesburgers. I ate one every meal for 3 days

It's starting to get cold here. Time to get out the soups and stews cookbook. Maybe I'll make a whole bunch of soups this week and freeze them.

Have a great day everyone!!
  #39   ^
Old Tue, Oct-23-07, 05:53

Plan: HF Atkins paleo
Stats: 230/144/150 Female 63 inches
BF:less/than/before
Progress: 108%

I'm a full time working mom of three, so I know how crazy things can be.

When I cook, the whole family eats LC. I personally think it is healthier for everyone, anyway, and it is much easier for me. For example, this weekend I made Dreamfield's Rigatoni with LC meatballs (I use parm cheese as a binder instead of bread crumbs) and marinara. I calculated that dinner had 10 net carbs in a serving. The kids ate the same thing dh and I ate.

Perrty much whatever I cook for family dinner, everyone eats it. I'll often make lettuce wraps stuffed with fresh herbs, sliced raw veggies and grilled seafood. The kids eat them just like we do. Or I'll oven bake ribs and roast a whole slew of LC veggies. I just serve that to everyone.

My kids still eat carbs -- just not when I am the one making family dinners.
  #40   ^
Old Tue, Oct-23-07, 08:41

Well I ended up getting highlights instead, but I love them! I made a great lc dinner last night with pork ribs homemade pizza sauce, veggies, and cheese. It was great and killed my pizza craving. For lunch I am going to go to the Barbque place in town and get a salad and some smoked meat. Yummy!
  #41   ^
Old Tue, Oct-23-07, 13:47
Registered Member

BF:

How's everyone doing today? I cannot believe how freeing it is to not be controlled by carbs. I know I've only been doing this for two weeks but I can see myself eating this way next year and the year after.
  #42   ^
Old Tue, Oct-23-07, 19:55

I'm doing great! I get this amazing energy rush after I eat which is cool. I can actually semi keep up with my daughter.
  #43   ^
Old Tue, Oct-23-07, 21:17
one day at a time

BF:

Glad you are all feeling good! I'm battling my way back to normalish after a rather miserable few days (horrible cold). And the scale finally moved. Just two pounds down, but I'll take it. Whew! Thought it was NEVER going to move again!
  #44   ^
Old Wed, Oct-24-07, 13:00
Registered Member

BF:

The scale is going down! I know I shouldn't weigh everyday but I'm trying to see how my weight fluctuates with changes in diet.
  #45   ^
Old Wed, Oct-24-07, 20:57
one day at a time

BF:

Congratulations, Jeri! I know what you mean...used to check daily, too. But now I only check every few days because otherwise I get a little crazy about it. Anyway, hooray for you! Are you feeling energized?