Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Bread & Baked Goods
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Tue, Dec-18-07, 12:20

Plan: Controlling the Carbs
Stats: 282/197.5/150 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 64%

Okay I made these and they didn't turn out the way I had hoped. I don't know they were kind of eggy tasting but I did make a sandwhich out of two and the others are in a ziplock in the fridge. I might try to make them again just to see if I indeed make them right.

They weren't like "rolls" per se more like the foam thingys you use to cushion stuff in a box. I don't know what went wrong but I'll try again
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Tue, Dec-18-07, 12:36

Plan: Atkins (veteran)
Stats: 321/206.2/160 Female 5'4"
BF:new scale :(
Progress: 71%

they are kind of like 'foamy things'

mine never taste egg though... kinda wish they did.
  #63   ^
Old Sat, Jan-19-08, 21:17

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 330/235/219 Female 5'3
BF:ugh!
Progress: 86%

am i doing something wrong here? i am trying to make these
now i dont have an electric mixer... but i am beating these egg whites with a whisk....

and it's just not getting firm.... foamy at the top... but.. not .. stiff..

should i be beating harder? lol someone please

#64   ^
Old Sun, Jan-20-08, 07:29
Living LC 4 Life

Plan: Atkins-Maintenance
Stats: 190/133.2/150 Female 5 feet 9 inches
BF:Less Than B4 LC
Progress: 142%

Anyca - Personally I can't whip my eggwhites without an electric mixer. It takes a minute or so with an electric mixer - I can't imagine trying to do it without one. Maybe someone will have some ideas, though.

I just made a batch of these last night and again I'm very pleased with the results.
  #65   ^
Old Sun, Jan-20-08, 07:37

Plan: Keto IMO Atkins 72 Induct
Stats: 283/229/180 Female 5'3"
BF:mini goal 250, 225
Progress: 52%

From what I understand, using a hand whisk means whisking/beating for a very long time and you need to do it fast as possible.

Odd that they don't taste like eggs ... given that's their main ingredient. I made some yesterday with SF French Vanilla Syrup brushed on top. Then, as a midnight snack, I topped them with homemade sf strawberry preserves and ate them.
  #66   ^
Old Sun, Jan-20-08, 13:23

i am on my way to buy... some more eggs.. and a mixer
lol .. if it's not been said before.. do not attempt this without a mixer!! lol
  #67   ^
Old Sun, Jan-20-08, 22:09

Plan: Healthy moderate carb
Stats: 215/171/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by k-boogie
Okay I made these and they didn't turn out the way I had hoped. I don't know they were kind of eggy tasting but I did make a sandwhich out of two and the others are in a ziplock in the fridge. I might try to make them again just to see if I indeed make them right.

They weren't like "rolls" per se more like the foam thingys you use to cushion stuff in a box. I don't know what went wrong but I'll try again

You didn't do anything wrong-this is what they are. Think soft meringue roll.
  #68   ^
Old Tue, Jan-22-08, 23:55

I actually did it! yay!!
boy what a HUGE difference a mixer makes!!
now.. lol my next thing to improve upon-- i spooning it out like it was cookie mix... soooo there were these small mounds... and yep eventually they ran together..

next time i will make bigger mounds with much more space...
i guess the six mounds was pretty accurate...(i was wondering why i came out with TWO full cookie sheets full )
  #69   ^
Old Wed, Jan-23-08, 20:23
Beautiful Disaster

Plan: tbl/common sense
Stats: 380/341/299 Female 6'0"
BF:so i've been told
Progress: 48%

I've got my rev rolls in the oven right now. No cheese, no garlic powder, just the main 'egg' ingredients. I don't have a muffin pan, and I'm not sure what exactly is considered a "stiff" egg. When I poked it with my finger, the white mix did the little dairy queen foopy-curl thing, but once i folded in the mix, it was quite a bit runnier.

I'll have to keep at it and see. This recipe will be divine for me if I can get it working out right, especially since eggs are so bloody cheap and these are so low carb. Figure I'll use mine like bread and pile up some homemade curry cucumber chicken mix on it with some sliced avocado for lunch. Mm..
  #70   ^
Old Wed, Jan-23-08, 21:34

Plan: Keto IMO Atkins 72 Induct
Stats: 283/229/180 Female 5'3"
BF:mini goal 250, 225
Progress: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by .muse.
I've got my rev rolls in the oven right now. No cheese, no garlic powder, just the main 'egg' ingredients. I don't have a muffin pan, and I'm not sure what exactly is considered a "stiff" egg. When I poked it with my finger, the white mix did the little dairy queen foopy-curl thing, but once i folded in the mix, it was quite a bit runnier.

I'll have to keep at it and see. This recipe will be divine for me if I can get it working out right, especially since eggs are so bloody cheap and these are so low carb. Figure I'll use mine like bread and pile up some homemade curry cucumber chicken mix on it with some sliced avocado for lunch. Mm..

When beating the egg whites, beat them until they don't move if you flip the bowl upside down. That should be the proper stiffness. And be careful of how much you mix the whites back into the yolk mixture - don't do it too much or you'll end up with runny mix.
  #71   ^
Old Wed, Jan-23-08, 22:15
Beautiful Disaster

Plan: tbl/common sense
Stats: 380/341/299 Female 6'0"
BF:so i've been told
Progress: 48%

I made them, though not as stiff as gypsy recommended, and they turned out fantastic. threw a tiny bit of 1 carb ketchup on one with some sliced hot pork from dinner and mushed it together, just like a sammie. Mm!

Definitely a staple food.

Oh, speaking of - anyone experience stalls with these? I know it's just eggs and mayo, but I'm not sure how spices react.
  #72   ^
Old Tue, Jan-29-08, 10:11
Kerry

Plan: WW/Atkins
Stats: 368/266.5/199 Female 5'1
BF:M.O./O/chunky
Progress: 60%

I have these in the oven sprinkled with colby jack cheese and Bacon bits. Cant wait to try them
  #73   ^
Old Mon, Feb-04-08, 21:01
OWL More Veggies

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 255/223/175 Female 5'11
BF:
Progress: 40%

AND JUST IN TIME for Valentines day, the have Heart-shaped Muffin Top pans aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh
  #74   ^
Old Thu, Feb-07-08, 22:13

Plan: Low Carb, IF
Stats: 160/141/140 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 95%

Does anyone else have the issue of the rolls getting REALLY moist and much flatter after storing them in a container or a bag?? Mine come out looking awesome but get really moist and flat after a day or so....
  #75   ^
Old Fri, Feb-15-08, 22:07
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Atkin's/IF
Stats: 185/168.4/130 Female 5' 3.5"
BF:diminishing
Progress: 30%

I store mine in a large coffee tin, they fit perfectly, but they do get
moist and flatter after a few days....but I don't mind.

I tried the cream cheese ones and they were good, but too high in carbs for me (Canadian cream cheese is 1 carb per tbsp). Then I saw this recipe. I make them plain: 8 large eggs 1/4 tsp cot, and 3 tbsp mayo. That is it and they are 0.5 carbs per roll. I love these; they saved my diet. I have hamburgers everyday (with lots of lettuce) and often I use them to make eclairs.

eclairs: rev roll spread with coconut oil/cocoa powder/stevia mixture and topped with stevia sweetened whipped cream and topped with another rev roll. Sometimes I use sf preserves instead of the coconut oil/cocoa mixture.

I can't believe that I am on a diet.

Fried egg sandwiches with mayo...so funny because it is egg and mayo top..egg and mayo middle..egg and mayo bottom.

I went to Harvey's and ordered a bacon cheese classic burger and told them I was allergic to wheat and could they please make the burger with my bun instead. They were happy to do that for me. Wow!!! It was so good.

I couldn't remember where I saw this recipe and I have been scouring the web to find Timothy to thank him. It wasn't on this thread but it is the same recipe and his name is Timothy so I think my gratitude is going to the right person.
Thanks Timothy!! I can do Atkins forever now because I don't feel that I am missing anything!!!