Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#61   ^
Old Mon, Jun-18-07, 06:23
Contrarian

Plan: Atkins/Controlled Carb
Stats: 275/190/190 Female 72
BF:Not a clue!
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel
The picture was in this Kimkins website.
http://www.pr.com/press-release/29464

She was presenting a new program which includes cardio exercise. She has intentially eliminated the top part of the head in order to make the picture unrecognizable. I'm assuming that it could be her current picture. All other pictures were probably her's when she was young. Notice the name Heidi Diaz at the bottom of the website mentioned as her site's webmaster.

Surely you jest? The photo on the bench is clearly a stock photo....and so not the photo of the woman in the red dress (whom I remain convinced is not "Kimmer" whatshername-heidi
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Mon, Jun-18-07, 06:57

Plan: Atkins (veteran)
Stats: 321/206.2/160 Female 5'4"
BF:new scale :(
Progress: 71%

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSL
There's drastically different, then there's this:

'Success story' here: http://livinlavidalocarb.blogspot.c...rch/label/Deane

it looks like the photos are backwards... I'd swear the grad picture looks like it was taken in the 80s (check the hair) and the person GAINED weight to look like the other one. but that's just my opinion. Does anyone know this woman or is it a 'plant' to support kimkins.

Whatever, though... it's interesting, but I don't care really.
  #63   ^
Old Mon, Jun-18-07, 07:07
Contrarian

Quote:
it looks like the photos are backwards... I'd swear the grad picture looks like it was taken in the 80s (check the hair) and the person GAINED weight to look like the other one. but that's just my opinion.

That's what I thought too....
  #64   ^
Old Mon, Jun-18-07, 07:09

Plan: ---
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 160cm
BF:
Progress: 0%

pennink - I agree. If those are the same person, I would bet that the 'before' is really the 'after' (and vice versa).
  #65   ^
Old Mon, Jun-18-07, 07:23

I'd just like to know, if this is the true fact, why would anyone allow the lie to be spun?

I just can't see anyone (thinking back to that picture) losing 200 pounds then growing her hair to look out dated. When she was heavy she had sleek hair and obviously kept it beautiful. The grad pic it looks over bleached and fuzzy.
  #66   ^
Old Mon, Jun-18-07, 07:24

BF:

I just wanted to add:
ReginaW - great researching!

This whole 'Kimmer' thing is very interesting (not the diet - the person/pictures). I think it could very well come back to bite her in the behind.
  #67   ^
Old Mon, Jun-18-07, 07:38
Registered Member

Plan: low carb/low fat
Stats: 255/236/155 Female 5 ft. 9 in.
BF:32%/?/20%
Progress: 19%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginaW
That's what I thought too....

Me too, but you never know. Weight can age a person. I'm not sure it can age a person 30 years, but who knows. LOL

ps: I wish we knew the graduates name so Regina could look her up on classmates.com.
  #68   ^
Old Mon, Jun-18-07, 08:06

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffybear
Me too, but you never know. Weight can age a person. I'm not sure it can age a person 30 years, but who knows. LOL

ps: I wish we knew the graduates name so Regina could look her up on classmates.com.

According to Jimmy Moore's blog, her name is Deane:
http://livinlavidalocarb.blogspot.c...rch/label/Deane

No clue about her surname though.
  #69   ^
Old Mon, Jun-18-07, 08:08

Plan: Paleo/Organic Fat Flush
Stats: 193/176/145 Female 5'4.5"
BF:42/31/24
Progress: 35%

Her teeth are completely different. It's not the same person unless she lost all her teeth after high school graduation and now has coffee-stained dentures. Her nose is completely different too.
  #70   ^
Old Mon, Jun-18-07, 08:31

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 168/128/115 Female 5 feet 0 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennink
it looks like the photos are backwards... I'd swear the grad picture looks like it was taken in the 80s (check the hair) and the person GAINED weight to look like the other one. but that's just my opinion. Does anyone know this woman or is it a 'plant' to support kimkins.
That's exactly what I thought. The story conveniently mentions that she went back to get her degree. I don't think so.
  #71   ^
Old Mon, Jun-18-07, 08:33

oh yeah and... did you read that she didn't post anything... just private messages to kimmer? To me that means that they are trying to cover their cabooses when someone with archived threads says, 'uh, this woman got advice from kimmer? where? When?"
  #72   ^
Old Mon, Jun-18-07, 09:00
Contrarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffybear

It was a long-shot to look when I read the press release with Heidi Diaz at the bottom (from Feb) - when I did find that picture, I pretty much questioned everything else I read about her and took the time to read the FitDay journal and the obnoxiously long LCF thread....to me her story doesn't add up, nor does her food journal.

Think about this - if you looked like the woman in the red dress, why exactly would you upload the picture that is at Classmates.com as your current picture? Could it be that's what she really looks like and because she still lives near where she went to HS, she knows better than to fudge a pic where her classmates would see it's not her because some of them are still in touch with her?
  #73   ^
Old Mon, Jun-18-07, 09:01

Plan: low carb
Stats: 210/172/140 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 54%

hahah-More Kimmers stories.

I remember posting with her many moons ago. She did not hide the fact...that a lot of her weight loss came from fasting. That's also how she was maintaining.

I was also around...when people told her she should start charging for her advise. (much like they are to you Regina)~she obviously took their advise.

She's smarter than people are giving her credit for. ~She's the one raking in the dough.

I just wish I would have thought of it.
  #74   ^
Old Mon, Jun-18-07, 09:10

Fasting? Funny how that isn't mentioned on the basic diet plan.

I mean, Stillman would never had said that. Sure I miss a supper every now and then, I did when I wasn't dieting, too. I don't think missing a meal hurts anyone if they are usually eating well, but this almost sounds like anorexia (which I had in HS).

Is there a record of when she actually started and her real start weight?
  #75   ^
Old Mon, Jun-18-07, 09:15
Registered Member

Plan: low carb/low fat
Stats: 255/236/155 Female 5 ft. 9 in.
BF:32%/?/20%
Progress: 19%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginaW
It was a long-shot to look when I read the press release with Heidi Diaz at the bottom (from Feb) - when I did find that picture, I pretty much questioned everything else I read about her and took the time to read the FitDay journal and the obnoxiously long LCF thread....to me her story doesn't add up, nor does her food journal.

Think about this - if you looked like the woman in the red dress, why exactly would you upload the picture that is at Classmates.com as your current picture? Could it be that's what she really looks like and because she still lives near where she went to HS, she knows better than to fudge a pic where her classmates would see it's not her because some of them are still in touch with her?

Oh gee, Regina, I hope you didn't take my comment or the "wink" wrong. I agree 100% with everything you've said. Although I didn't know how to investigate names and photos beyond simple Googling, I have thought something was fishy about those pictures all along and have said so both here as well as on LC Friends. Like others, I appreciate your efforts in finding more information.
Closed Thread