Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Tue, Jun-19-07, 21:50
Registered Member

Plan: low carb/low fat
Stats: 255/236/155 Female 5 ft. 9 in.
BF:32%/?/20%
Progress: 19%

Well, I can't speak for anyone else but myself, but I am certainly not jealous of anyone who has lost weight on Kimkins, and I think that Jimmy is very immature to post such a statement on his well-known blog.
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Tue, Jun-19-07, 22:16

Plan: it varies
Stats: 245/134/140 Female 5'3.5"
BF:
Progress: 106%

speaking of questionable maturity...there certainly seem to be some "over the top" reactions to some of the comments readers left him.

https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?b...95&isPopup=true
  #63   ^
Old Tue, Jun-19-07, 22:43
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutie 71
speaking of questionable maturity...there certainly seem to be some "over the top" reactions to some of the comments readers left him.

https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?b...95&isPopup=true

You mean like where he calls someone a "pimp"?

Hard to believe Jimmy graduated from a fundamental Christian college.

I am afraid that Jimmy is rapidly destroying both his reputation as a low carb advocate and educator as well as the good-will he had built in the low carb community.

Last edited by fluffybear : Tue, Jun-19-07 at 22:49.
  #64   ^
Old Tue, Jun-19-07, 22:45

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffybear

among other things...yes.
  #65   ^
Old Tue, Jun-19-07, 22:52

BF:

Quote:
I am afraid that Jimmy is rapidly destroying both his reputation as a low carb advocate and educator as well as the good-will he had built in the low carb community.

yes, there does seem to be a decline in respect for him lately, from what i'm seeing others post here and elsewhere. it'll be interesting to see how it all turns out in the end (whenever that might be, if there is such a time.)
  #66   ^
Old Wed, Jun-20-07, 05:31

Plan: ---
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 160cm
BF:
Progress: 0%

To be honest, I've never been a fan of Jimmy Moore.
  #67   ^
Old Wed, Jun-20-07, 06:25

Plan: Paleo/Organic Fat Flush
Stats: 193/176/145 Female 5'4.5"
BF:42/31/24
Progress: 35%

Quote:

Hard to believe Jimmy graduated from a fundamental Christian college.

Actually, given Jimmy's self-righteous tone, it's easy to believe.
  #68   ^
Old Wed, Jun-20-07, 11:12
Don't dream it be it

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 292.4/272.0/165 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 16%

I can't believe Jimmy would say this, but he did.
Quote:
Jimmy you just need to go back to eating clean and cut out the low carb products. You don't have to be so strict on the fat and calories which kimkins is all about.
Also, I heard that for every referal you send to kimkins you are paid US$15. Is this correct?
# posted by Anonymous : 6/16/2007 10:08 PM

I respectfully disagree. Cutting out the low-carb products, whatever the heck you are talking about, is not the issue. It's quality of life while maintaining my weight and health.

I'll do what I damn well please thank you very much. Nobody is going to try to live my life for me...never have, never will. Since you haven't got the testicular fortitude to even use your name when you post, then that obviously says a lot about what and what you are.

As for my diet, I DON'T cut back on the fat and calories on my Kimkins plan as much as you would expect. You're just another hater who can't stand that I'm doing well on a plan you so despise.

Why do you care so much about what Jimmy Moore does anyway? Don't you have enough going on in your life that you should worry about your own health and well-being and not someone else's who you know absolutely nothing about?
# posted by Jimmy Moore : 6/16/2007 10:28 PM

By the way, Anonymous, is it true you get $60,000 a year as a pimp? Yeah, thought so.
# posted by Jimmy Moore : 6/16/2007 10:36 PM

Jimmy, I'm glad I stayed anonymous because your response was totally over the top.
You can eat whatever you want to. I'm glad you're doing well on the plan I was just very shocked that you kept saying it wasn't really low in calories when I know for a fact that it is.
The comment about you getting US$15 from every kimkins referral was a simple question. I have seen it posted on a low carb site.
# posted by Anonymous : 6/17/2007 8:17 PM

No, my response was not "over the top." It merely matched the same level as the question.

You are DEAD WRONG about the version of Kimkins that I am doing (there are five) about calories. YOU DON'T COUNT THEM on this plan I am on which is why it was so attractive to me. Face it, you missed the boat on this one.

As for the your question about my affiliate relationship with Kimkins, I don't think it's any of your business. I wouldn't ask you how much money you make at your job, so I would only ask that you respect the same courtesy with me.
# posted by Jimmy Moore : 6/17/2007 9:13 PM

http://30-in-30.blogspot.com/2007/0...t-when-one.html

Last edited by Elihnig : Wed, Jun-20-07 at 11:13. Reason: add link
  #69   ^
Old Wed, Jun-20-07, 11:36
Registered Member

Forget the picture of Jimmy drooling chocolate. He is now FOAMING AT THE MOUTH!
  #70   ^
Old Wed, Jun-20-07, 11:38

Plan: Primal
Stats: 200/129/125 Female 163cm
BF:26
Progress: 95%

Have I got this wrong but it seems that Kimkins is a low fat/ high protein/ low carb plan is it not? I was lead to understand that high protein with low fat is bad for you - anyone heard of rabbit starvation? I always thought the fat had to outnumber the protein to give us the right amount of energy and to prevent gluconeogenesis from protein leading to bad products (can't remember their names) in the kidneys and liver.
  #71   ^
Old Wed, Jun-20-07, 11:42

Plan: Ketogenic/Paleolithic
Stats: 310/179/175 Male 71
BF:44%/6%/5%
Progress: 97%

I think one commenter from amazon.com pretty much summed up our friend Jimmy, when he called him "The Jared of Low Carb" and added this to his review:

"'[This] man in the suit has just bought a new car with the profit he's made on your dreams'" [quote from
Jimmy's book]
"A little less angst and less pride and this author may gain worldy respect. Mr. Moore sort of reminds me of Bill O'Reilly."

Again, while I like the big huggable guy, I just hate the decisions he's made because he has such a wide readership that really listens to this guy as if he's a weight loss guru. So, with him flip-flopping between diet plans, sending out pixs with chocolate dribblin' down his lips causes more people confusion about which path to take. Is it Atkins? Kimkims? Something in the middle? Poor readers . . .
  #72   ^
Old Wed, Jun-20-07, 11:51
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muata
I think one commenter from amazon.com pretty much summed up our friend Jimmy, when he called him "The Jared of Low Carb" and added this to his review:

"'[This] man in the suit has just bought a new car with the profit he's made on your dreams'" [quote from
Jimmy's book]
"A little less angst and less pride and this author may gain worldy respect. Mr. Moore sort of reminds me of Bill O'Reilly."

Again, while I like the big huggable guy, I just hate the decisions he's made because he has such a wide readership that really listens to this guy as if he's a weight loss guru. So, with him flip-flopping between diet plans, sending out pixs with chocolate dribblin' down his lips causes more people confusion about which path to take. Is it Atkins? Kimkims? Something in the middle? Poor readers . . .

I think the only common denomenator is Jimmy Moore himself. When I first began reading his blog last year I thought he really cared about people and wanted to spread the news about low carbing, but the more and more I read his blog, especially this past week or so, the more I think ITS ALL ABOUT JIMMY. But that isn't surprising, since most (or at least many) blogs are just about vanity.
  #73   ^
Old Wed, Jun-20-07, 12:33

Plan: ---
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 160cm
BF:
Progress: 0%

Either way, he is making an idiot out of himself and will no doubt quickly lose many of the fans that he may have had.

He's in deep denial about the LC crap he insists on eating (while, ironically, being very holier-than-thou about regular crap), and his motivations when it comes to Kimkins are blatantly obvious.

Also, I don't think much of him as a Christian. The hate in his reply to 'anon' is palpable.
  #74   ^
Old Wed, Jun-20-07, 12:40

BF:

maybe his decrease in "feel good" carbs is making him a cranky boy?
  #75   ^
Old Wed, Jun-20-07, 13:20
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/176/176 Male 5' 8"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Jimmy Moore said:
Quote:
Yes, I'm grateful that Kimmer devised a low-carb program that is helping a lot of people (including myself) lose weight, but she could be just a figment of my imagination for all I care! The fact is IT WORKS!!!

This actually adds to the confusion about Kimmer's identity. He has interviewed her and his interview is the only source of information about whom she is, not only in his website but also in Kimkins own website. Now, what he has said made me feel that he has never seen her face to face.