Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Fri, Mar-21-08, 12:01

Plan: Paleo
Stats: 155/155/135 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi Ron, welcome to our Paleo group. Happy to bring back good memories.
We sure knew where our food came from in those days. Unlike now...
In the winter when company came there would be a trip to the barn to get some dried peanuts to roast on the wood stove that was in the living room. What we would call a living room, but in a small country house it was the main room with at least one bed - because every room had a bed. No one stayed at a hotel, you would just put up your neighbors relatives if they had too many!!

What part of the world do you live in & what do you fish & hunt?
I am on the Gulf Coast & once caught a trout, red fish & flounder on the same day. That was when I was a beginner wade fisherlady & never did it again. I was with three other people & I caught the only trout, - I was wading near shore & saw something on the horizon - made one cast & that trout was mine!!!!! I caught the largest flounder - on a gold spoon, love a gold spoon. Red fish were a dime a dozen that day - I caught several.

I went flounder gigging at night on the flats a couple of times. That was a real thrill. I caught a bone fish in Belize. I caught a large fish in Colorado or New Mexico, I was in the back of the boat with my son's really old fly rod & got the trout in the boat by myself, the fishing guide could not believe I caught anything on that old rod, much less got it in the boat. There are restaurants near those fishing places that will cook your fish for you - I ate my fish!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Fri, Mar-21-08, 16:56
Registered Member

Plan: KetoCarnivore
Stats: 206.6/178/160 Female 5'7
BF:awesome
Progress: 61%
Thumbs up

i summered once in vermont, with a couple that lived off the land.
i ate a lot of squirrel cacciatore.
walked the woods and collected greens and mushrooms.
made blackberry wine.

it was for just one summer, but ohhhhhhhh the memories.....
  #93   ^
Old Sat, Mar-22-08, 06:33

Plan: AK
Stats: 155/147/145 Male 5'7 3/4"
BF:
Progress: 80%

Hi Again, how do you keep the messge box from getting little ? I'm from Maine and there are all kind of fishing and hurting , traping still happens but not as much, I don't like useing wire when traping for squrrer , try useing a mid side mouse trap with peanut butter works great ! And a fast kill, O' in the past 20 years hunting is get to be a joke as every place is posting there land , I tock my son hunting and left at 4:30 am and when we got were it was posted )-: I hunted there for the last 25 years and after a kill we always give the land ower some meat ! well we get a deer anyway ! to all, there is something about bring in the woods that makes you feel good ! There are no words for it . You got to go to feel it (-: always Ron*
  #94   ^
Old Sun, Mar-23-08, 07:00

Plan: AK
Stats: 155/147/145 Male 5'7 3/4"
BF:
Progress: 80%

Hi Frankly well I wish Maine was that way! please goto Maine hunting & fishing and you will see what I'm talking about ! It's sad ! but I love Maine (-: Don't have a heart attack!
Ron*
  #95   ^
Old Sun, Mar-23-08, 08:14

Plan: VLC
Stats: 295/220/160 Male 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 56%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_Mocci
Hi Frankly well I wish Maine was that way! please goto Maine hunting & fishing and you will see what I'm talking about ! It's sad ! but I love Maine (-: Don't have a heart attack!
Ron*

It's a little hard to get my head around quickly, besides I have enough regulations to keep up with already. The "superpack" sounds like an alright value, albeit a little steep. Still, I guess it depends on a lot of other factors, like your chances of actually drawing in the lottery and then bagging a moose or deer. From the sounds of this: "we will need to develop innovative approaches to safely increasing deer harvests in order to bring high current deer populations down to more tolerable levels. In all of Maine, we will need to improve access to huntable land through pro-active landowner relations programs in order to keep deer populations at tolerable levels. [ http://www.state.me.us/ifw/wildlife.../deer/index.htm ]" You seem to have a surplus of beasts, I guess it's a question of hunting opportunities.