Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, May-26-07, 20:07

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 166/158/135 Female 5'6
BF:39/34/20%
Progress: 26%

I found a zero carb sucralose call fasweet or whatever it is called at Wal-Mart. It was the only place I could find one. The warning on the front of it kind of freaked me out though.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, May-26-07, 20:10

Plan: Keto 80/15/5
Stats: 264/263/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 1%

I've bid on the one ending in 22 hrs....but she has more....

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZlillshoesQQhtZ-1
  #18   ^
Old Sat, May-26-07, 20:11

Plan: Gluten Free, Low Carb
Stats: 205/200.2/150 Female 5ft 7in
BF:
Progress: 9%

....what was the warning?
  #19   ^
Old Sat, May-26-07, 20:11

Plan: Keto 80/15/5
Stats: 264/263/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 1%

What was the warning on it?
  #20   ^
Old Sat, May-26-07, 20:49

It said, "Use of this product may be hazardous to your health. This product contains saccharin which has been determined to cause cancer in laboratory animals." It's called fasweet Liquid Sweetner. It has zero calories, zero fat, zero carbs. I was liking the idea until I saw that label.

I went and read about saccharin and found that the tests I found had been messed up from what I could read it was the things they injected them with that may have caused the cancer, but then again...why would they put that label on it?
  #21   ^
Old Sat, May-26-07, 20:55

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 168/128/115 Female 5 feet 0 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberview
It said, "Use of this product may be hazardous to your health. This product contains saccharin which has been determined to cause cancer in laboratory animals." It's called fasweet Liquid Sweetner. It has zero calories, zero fat, zero carbs. I was liking the idea until I saw that label.

I went and read about saccharin and found that the tests I found had been messed up from what I could read it was the things they injected them with that may have caused the cancer, but then again...why would they put that label on it?
That's not liquid sucralose. It's saccharin, or Sweet-N-Low. Liquid sucralose is much sweeter (1 drop=1.5 tsp sugar equivalent sweetness) and carries no warning.
  #22   ^
Old Sat, May-26-07, 20:58

Plan: Gluten Free, Low Carb
Stats: 205/200.2/150 Female 5ft 7in
BF:
Progress: 9%

I don't know why, but I never believe or take these claims seriously. Sacchrine, aspartame, and now even Splenda is oh so bad for you and causes cancer.. but you know, there are probably tons of other things that I also eat that can cause cancer.. I sunbathe, I smoke, I'm overweight (for now, lol), tumor history in my family.. I don't know.
  #23   ^
Old Sat, May-26-07, 21:01

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 168/128/115 Female 5 feet 0 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LStump
I don't know why, but I never believe or take these claims seriously. Sacchrine, aspartame, and now even Splenda is oh so bad for you and causes cancer..
No studies have shown that Splenda is harmful. The warning on the bottle was in reference to saccharine.

Quote:
Is it the same as sweetzfree because that is cheaper... From what i remember
Sweetzfree and Pure Liquid Sweetness are exactly the same--even the prices--except Sweetzfree has an order window.
  #24   ^
Old Sat, May-26-07, 21:29

Plan: General
Stats: 214.0/206.8/192.6 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 34%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndelacourt
Found this one on Ebay....
http://cgi.ebay.com/Liquid-Sucralos...QcmdZViewIt em

$26 incl shipping for 4 oz

FYI: This stuff is not as concentrated as the sweetzfree or pure liquid sweetness (PLS) products.

On another site I encountered while doing research on liquid sucralose someone did the math and came up with it being more expensive than either sweetzfree or PLS for an equivalent number of "cups of sugar". Maybe the Ebay sale is cheaper than what the original company charges by enough to make it effectively the same cost - *shrug* - dunno.

Sweetzfree and PLS are reported to be identical and I am still waiting on my "sample" from PLS to compare to the sweetzfree side by side. They are indeed the same price.

Last edited by fetch : Sat, May-26-07 at 21:36.
  #25   ^
Old Sat, May-26-07, 22:08

Yeah, I was wrong about it being sucralose. It was an s word. :-)
  #26   ^
Old Sun, May-27-07, 05:38

Plan: Healthy moderate carb
Stats: 215/171/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 80%

Just an FYI on aspartame-my sister has been in the medical records field for over 20 yrs and she has told me how you would not believe the medical rpts that show that aspartame is making peoples illnesses worse or they are just plain getting sick from it. These are documented medical records in peoples medical files. She said she has never seen anything relating to sacharrin or sucralose. I know when I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia at the Mayo Clinic they warned me about the adverse effects aspartame was having on Fibro patients and my sister called immediately once I got the diagnosis LOL! I try to stay away from it except for the occasional pop (maybe once or twice a week)-I just don't like the taste of Diet Rite. It just seems aspartame isn't causing illnesses but making any disease or condition that you have worsen, kind of scary.