Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, May-01-07, 10:33
Kerry

Plan: WW/Atkins
Stats: 368/266.5/199 Female 5'1
BF:M.O./O/chunky
Progress: 60%

A sweet story with a happy ending...or new beginning however you wanna look at it!!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, May-02-07, 11:34

Plan: God's Will Be Done
Stats: 306/189/162 Female 5'7
BF:Morris Chestnut
Progress: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by j13
Awesome!!

I recently had the same experience, except instead of a summer dress it was jeans and shirts.
-j.

j13, i'm sorry, but that just cracked me up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaB

I have to ask ... did you buy the dress?

Emma

I was so excited about being able to fit the dress, but I decided not to purchase it because now that I can fit a size 18 dress I have lots of options. I thought if I can fit this one then there are many more beautiful ones that I want to try before I purchase. So now I will be hitting up the malls to see which one I want. However, I am also still considering going back to get that one because I figured it would be a nice memento of my first experience getting into an 18 dress. I don’t know I’m still thinking about it.

For the few that asked if that is the dress in the picture, yes it is. The only difference is that the one I tried on is a different print, but the cut is the same.

The day after trying on the dress, I finally got my nerve up to see if I could fit an 18 pant. This time I didn't go to the mall though. I went to what I felt was a safe place; Walmart.

The good news is: I can get into an 18 pant. Before I couldn't even get an 18 pant to go pass my knee.

The not so good news: I can't breath in them and my tummy hangs all over the place.

So needless to say, I'm not quite ready for an 18 pant as of yet, but it's a goal that is not far away. I still feel good about being able to actually get them on and being able to ZIP them ALL the way UP.

It also gives me a lot of incentive to finally start those ab workouts 'cause my stomach was just a mess in those pants.

Dive deeply into who you really are, and have the courage to explore your most treasured dreams. Keep yourself connected to those dreams, and they will play out upon the stage of your life. ~ Ralph Marston

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will grant you the desires of you heart ~Psalms 37:4
  #18   ^
Old Wed, May-02-07, 11:58
One Bite At A Time

Plan: South Beach Phase II
Stats: 232/183/130 Female 62 inches
BF:67/34?/20
Progress: 48%

WoooooooooHooooooooo WTG Gail!
That's wonderful and I'm so glad that you shared that victory with us. I know how hard you've been working out and working at making LC a WOL. It's really showing! Congrats!!
  #19   ^
Old Wed, May-02-07, 13:11
Registered Member

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 298/284.5/140 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 9%

I'm so jealous! I would LOVE a summer dress! I can't wait until I can wear something pretty!
Congratulations! Have a happy summer!!
  #20   ^
Old Wed, May-02-07, 13:12
Registered Member

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 298/284.5/140 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 9%

Before I forget, you know what this means for you as well? You can buy NORMAL SIZED bathing suits!!!!!!!!!!
  #21   ^
Old Wed, May-02-07, 13:22

Plan: God's Will Be Done
Stats: 306/189/162 Female 5'7
BF:Morris Chestnut
Progress: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetlagjen
Before I forget, you know what this means for you as well? You can buy NORMAL SIZED bathing suits!!!!!!!!!!

Funny you should say that as I have just spent the last 1/2 hour online looking up the swimming schedules for the local Olympic pools.

I've always been really good at swimming and have a lot of fond memories of me and an old girlfriend going swimming. She use to meet up with me several times during the week and we would bike to the local pool to get some early morning laps in.