Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Feb-11-02, 13:38
Registered Member

Plan: Hi-Energy
Stats: 372/319/180
BF:
Progress: 28%

My vote is; AN EXTRA SPECIAL GROUP OF PEOPLE.

Thanks for the thoughts.

Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Feb-11-02, 13:47

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/167/167 Female 167cm
BF:45%/25.5%/20%
Progress: 100%

I had a great sunshine moment this weekend.

I tried on a pair of pants in size 14 (us 12) which fit! I used to be that size for years in my early 20's and never thought I'd get back there.

Trouble is I didn't by them, as they were shorts, and we are heading into autumn - so by the time next summer came around I would've had to throw them out with my baggy clothes

lesley
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Feb-11-02, 15:03

Plan: Careful Low Carb Plan
Stats: 335/295/180 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 26%

Gator,
I too wondered about you and hoped you did good. So good to know you got thru the weekend victoriously! Victoria
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Feb-11-02, 18:19

Plan: Medi Weight Loss Pgm
Stats: 296.0/179.7/130 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 70%
Talking

Hi All

DW, I also was wondering how Gator was doing. I was hoping he spent his time fishing and have great days.

Congrats Gator for making it thru the weekend.

Dee
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Feb-11-02, 19:33
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks for the thoughts everyone. The thoughtfulness of this group is enough to bring a tear to a glass eye.

I just hope I can be as helpful to others in their time of need. I certainly will try!

#21   ^
Old Mon, Feb-11-02, 19:39

BF:
Thumbs up

Gator

Congrats on making thru the weekend! I know how tough that can be.

Here is a big pat on the back for you.

Dee
  #22   ^
Old Tue, Feb-12-02, 09:35
Registered Member

Plan: my own low carb plan
Stats: 350/323/249 Female 5'10"
BF:50
Progress: 27%

Hey Gator,
I was thinking about you to Last weekend, and I dont think thats weird or that I need a life, I truly do care about you and all the people on this tripple digets board, we need to support eachother as we are facing the biggest challenge of our lives.
I especially am impressed with the guys excelent communication skills! its so refreshing to talk among Real Men who can relate so well to this woe and express there feelings so openly and with sutch feeling. You have made my day!!
  #23   ^
Old Tue, Feb-12-02, 10:24
Registered Member

Plan: Insulin Resistance Diet
Stats: 279/259/155
BF:
Progress: 16%
Talking

Is it ok to have a sunshine moment after one day? I found out yesterday I was diabetic. A couple of months ago we found out my daughter was insulin resistant and has PCOS. I have been investigating low carb programs and started the Insulin Resistant diet yesterday morning (before my grim news). But my sunshine moment today, and I swear this is true.... When I'm up and walking I can feel stomach muscles. They aren't doing much yet, but I can feel them there and can actually kind of hold in my tummy. Before it just seemed to have a mind of it's own. Anyway thank you for letting me share. This seems like a very real sincere group. Blessings on all your efforts.
  #24   ^
Old Tue, Feb-12-02, 18:53

BF:

Yes, Pam it's great to have sunshine moments, when ever they come.

Welcome to the group.

Dee
  #25   ^
Old Sun, Feb-17-02, 22:23

Stats: 236/211/140
BF:
Progress: 26%
Talking My Sunshine Moment

Hi. This is the first time I have tried to post. I have been dieting for a month now and I'm down 17 pounds (I love you Dr. Atkins). Anyway, I wanted to share a sunshine moment if thats OK.

My Mom, sister in-law, cousin and I went to a dinner theater. It was buffet. I had no problem sticking to the plan and when they all went up for big plates of deserts I didn't have a problem at all. In the past I would have cheated (no self control after carbs). They kept saying "I don't know how you can stick to your diet with all this stuff".

Its' not a diet anymore. Its my new way of life. I don't remember the last time I felt so good, physically, emotionally and mentally. I never want to be the person I was one month ago, again.

Oh, by the way, I wore a pair of pants that have been in my drawer for two years. I had never been able to wear them before. I was so excitd

Everyday a new sunshine moment seems to happen.

Sorry I'm long winded (just excited I guess).

Lisa
  #26   ^
Old Mon, Feb-18-02, 07:17

BF:
Default Buffet

Hi Lisa

I had the same sunshine moment at a buffet last Thursday. A friend took me to lunch for Valentine's day. He decided the buffet would be the best since he knew I could find something to eat there.

I sat and stayed to my WOE while he downed potatoes, rolls, rice and dessert and never, NEVER felt tempted or cheated, or the poor poor me that I have felt in the past.

I spent the weekend with my parents. My mom keeps my favorite foods and I normally gorge myself when I am visiting them. This time my mom was almost in shock when I didn't eat the brownies, candies and stuff. She almost had a heart attack as she watched me take hour walks daily and the energy level I had. She says I didn't have this much energy as a child.

I must admit, it's taking me time to get use to the energy level. I don't put off to tomorrow the things that should be done now. Before while it bothered me that the house needed to be cleaned and dusted, I was able to ignor it. Now I vacuum daily and dust everyother day. Quite a change for me.

Gotta run, I think I am going to be late for work this morning.

Dee

#27   ^
Old Thu, Feb-21-02, 17:26
Registered Member

BF:

I had a great sunshine moment today that I want to share with everyone.

I took up another notch on my belt, and was able to reduce my posted weight by 6 lbs!

Down to 321 now from 372, and my next burning goal is to just get into the 200's. Haven't seen the 200's in years. My "big clothes" are beginning to hang on me, and within the next few weeks wil have to put them away. That will be a major sunshine moment.

I have been able to accomplish my progress thus far due to the support and tips of the awesome people in this group. The most caring group of people I have ever had the privelege of knowing.

I only hope that something I can say in support of others will have a positive impact and in some way help them reach their goals.

Have a wonderful day.

#28   ^
Old Thu, Feb-21-02, 22:08

BF:
Default Way to go Gater

Way to be Gator.

Congratulations on the loss. You are melting away nicely.

Doesn't it feel good to take something in a notch. For me this week it was my watch. I gained a pound last week, I expected it since I took my calories way up...from avg of 1,000 a day to 2,600 a day. Hopefully I am out of starvation mode and will be moving down the scale with the rest of you soon.

Hugs

Dee
  #29   ^
Old Fri, Feb-22-02, 11:59

Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Talking First Mimi Goal met!

Ok, I know I have a huge amount to lose....
but today I hit my frist mini goal by dropping below the dreaded 400 pound mark (reflects 27lbs gone)!

I want to thank everyone here for their support and kind words, and respectfully ask for more of the same! I garner a great deal of strength from this group.

Now it's on to my next mini goal...which to some wouldn't seem like a good place to be at all. I guess one person's dreaded weight can be another person's sign of true progress.

More power to us!

Donald
  #30   ^
Old Fri, Feb-22-02, 15:36
Registered Member

BF:

Congratulations DW!

The actual numbers are all relative, it's the progress that's important. You have been an inspiration to everyone on this board, and your posts have personally helped me tremendously.

You're doing great. Hang in there and keep up the good work. We're all watching and in your corner.

Gator