Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Tue, Mar-05-02, 11:02
Registered Member

Plan: sugarbusters
Stats: 270/242.00/142
BF:
Progress: 22%
Default % it's too much for me

trying to put the protein and carbs in a percentage basis is too much for this old lady.

I do know I have zeroed in on 2oz protein for breakfast;

4 oz for lunch and

6oz for dinner.

The dinner portion looks more than I would have chosen if just going by sight, but I want to make sure that I have that amount so I can't have an excuse for "feeling" hungry.

I'm not hungry, but I have to eat a snack of frozen blueberries or klondike no sugar/fat bar. for a treat at night.

Must be a hold over from when a child. also taking cammomille tea for sleep.
have a nice day!
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Wed, Mar-06-02, 19:06

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 265/244/145 Female 62inches
BF:
Progress: 18%

Quote:
Originally posted by misselly
wow...that is fast.... but you don't eat cookies right????

no,... well,.. guilty as charged. I was just experimenting. No more cookies here.

Jeanette
  #78   ^
Old Wed, Mar-06-02, 19:14

BF:
Default Re: a bs of 75 just after cookies?

Quote:
Originally posted by jujubaby
If your bod has that kind of control, that you take in juice,cookies and poof you got insulin and then back to normal BS, why are you testing?

Have tested in the past because blood sugar would drop too low. In the mornings I would feel completely lousy. afternoon, evenings, i'd get week and hot and flushed, even pass out. When i came upon this thread, I thought I'd try some experiments of my own of different foods. Mainly just ended up confusing myself.

Jeanette

congrats, misselly on the 6 pounds! that's great.
  #79   ^
Old Thu, Mar-07-02, 10:11

Plan: atkins/No Dairy
Stats: 194/148/134
BF:
Progress: 77%

Jeanette...I wish I could help you feel better. I can pray for some healing for you.... I am sad that you bs is so unpredictable....GET A GOOD DOCTOR....someone has to help you honey..... Could you list everything you eat for a day and some of us could comment??? Do you have time to do that???

Elly
  #80   ^
Old Thu, Mar-07-02, 22:17

BF:
Default don't worry...

Misselly,

Thanks for your concern. but I am fine, really. Still feel the low drops, but this WOE has done me wonders. Over the past year or so I've had lots of ups and downs. it's strange how doctors think that if your blood sugar is low you need to eat carbs. and then more and then more and then more. that's how it was/is for me. I was/am addicted to carbs. but once i ate them, it seemed i had no choice physically but to keep on eating them.

I've never really thought about this so much as I've been doing the last few weeks. is really convincing me how great low carb is. i needed that. to start thinking and articulating what i already knew, through experience but not through words.

Anyway, it's a trap. And I can't completely control it. but I can manage it for the most part. and when i dont' its my own fault and i suffer the consequences. Not fun, but it's really not that bad. On a positive note, I had a reading over 100 today. That is rare.

Jeanette
  #81   ^
Old Fri, Mar-08-02, 15:38
Registered Member

Plan: sugarbusters
Stats: 270/242.00/142
BF:
Progress: 22%
Default calling all lowcarbers

hello Jeanette, Miselly, Salty.Jims Gems, Lcer,Dorren,little ann, I know you are out there.

I wish I could have sent a message to all of you this afternoon, since I just came from the Dr's and was given a zerox copy of

Syndrome X

and The Metabloic Syndrome

Just another story of how they have been {they the Dr} thinking that there is a connection between predibetics, so called insulin
resistance { which can't be proven}
and too much insulin and how that makes you hungry and you eat to get the level of INSULIN DOWN and then the sugar rises and then all over again.

I want to know and no Doctor can tell me, how do you measure too much insulin?

Is it when the sugar level keeps dropping after 3 hours of fasting?

Is it when you blood sugar goes up and the normal insulin pump gets it down and stays sort of normal until you eat carbs or sugar again?

Isn't that supposedly normal for evey one?
EXCEPTING THE FAT PERSON????

But what they were pushing here was not diet control, but GLUCOPHAGE!!!

GLUCOPHAGE is for diabetics and now if you are not a diabetic but heavy and heavy in the middle, you should get GLUCOPHAGE so that your appetite is controlled and YOU PREVENT FULL BLOWN DIABETES!!

Doesn't matter that you said you DO NOT HAVE A BIG APPETITE
because they know better, you all have not told the truth!

Too bad I'm more confused coming from the doctors office than when I read bout the problems from other people.

I think I'm giving up.
No more talking about it.
No more writing and asking questions
no more but
just exsisting and waiting for the "downward spiral" to kill me.
  #82   ^
Old Fri, Mar-08-02, 17:49

BF:

hi, Jujubaby,

I don't know what syndrome X is, but why can't they just tell people to stay away from carbs??! seems simple enough to me. yet I was never told that by a doctor, though that's what i needed. i had to stumble on it myself. and try to gain control myself. and believe me i've not been too successful so far, though i am steadily moving in the right direction.

I sure hope you're not talking about giving up on low carb. that you mean you are done asking questions with the docs and not here. Please hang in there. I've messed up enough to not want others to make the same mistake.

Frustration and all, do keep on keeping on.
Jeanette