Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Mon, Nov-25-02, 05:44

Plan: atkins
Stats: 209/179/150
BF:45.1/43.3/??
Progress: 51%
Smile

Hello again,
I had my weigh in last week and was a little disappointed. I lost 3/4 in and no weight. Body fat stayed the same.
I had someone else weigh me and I think that might make a difference. I now have 2 months in and feel so strong. I can almost run up a flight of stairs instead of walking.
I can walk a much greater distance without huffing and puffing.
My clothes seem to fit much better.
This is all good.
I weigh in just before Christmas, so hope it moves then, I am planning on not going off my WOE, but it will be hard.
Went away for the weekend and used the hotel fitness room so I didn't mess up my schedule of excercise.
Love Curves for Women
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Mon, Nov-25-02, 05:57

Plan: Lchf
Stats: 340/246/170 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 55%
Default Doing great!

Hi BevB~
You are doing fantastic!!!
I know that we want that durn scale to move down...............but you listed soooooooo many other things and ways that you have progressed. Hope you will keep thinking about them and not let the scale throw you. It feels wonderful to feel your body change and get stronger.
Keep up the great job!!!
  #78   ^
Old Fri, Dec-20-02, 19:04

Plan: modified
Stats: 220/215/150
BF:
Progress: 7%
Thumbs up I just joined too!

So far my experience has been pleasant.

I had been seeing Curve gyms popping up everywhere. When I took a peek inside one of them, I thought they were in the process of upgrading or moving out. Turns out all of them looked the same. This turned me off. I had been at a pricey fitness club here in New York and I thought only that type of environment could lead to results.

Earlier this month, my husband and I decided it was ENOUGH. We gained way too much weight since we married in 2000. We decided to diet (LC) and exercise. I made my way over to Curves. The price was right and when I did a trial run, I could tell this would be the type of thing I could succeed at.

I am aiming for 2 lbs. loss a week and so far that is what I have seen. I have to admit though, Im a little sore after my workouts.
  #79   ^
Old Fri, Dec-27-02, 00:11

Plan: none
Stats: 251/255/185 Female 67 inches
BF:46.5%/46.3%/20%
Progress: -6%
Smile Curves for Women works.

Curves works for me. I've been going for a month. I lost 4 & 1/2 inches. I didn't lose any weight but 2 & 1/2 inches off my abdomen and that was the biggest part of me. It cost me $108.00 to join but the Curves in the adjacent town was having a special I found out about the same day so My first $32.00 monthly payment doesn't happen until February. I find it is so easy I couldn't imagine it working but the loss of inches proves it. I signed up for a year with automatic withdrawal so it's less expensive. I think the monthly charge otherwise is $40.00. I was only going three times a week. I haven't been going as often the last two weeks because my car broke down but go as often as I can and am getting other exercise anyway. I'll start going regularly and more once I have my car back on the road. They give Curves Bucks here also. Yu get one buck if you go three times a week and five bucks for five days. You use the bucks to buy curves merchandise like sports bottles, t'shirts, etc. I'm glad I joined. I'll be checking in here once in a while to keep up on other peoples opinions. I really like the fact that everybody there is regular people. Vicki
  #80   ^
Old Fri, Dec-27-02, 05:49

Smile

Hi Linfriend
I had my weigh in on the 21st, good day as with the holidays I now have a month before next one. Gives me time to get the holiday mistakes off.
I lost another inch and 1 pound, which isn't alot but still moving down. Also lost another 1% body fat which means more muscle.

I feel so good. Don't worry about not following through. After the first few weeks it gets to be habit and you won't want to miss. I have met so many fun people there and you get to know them personally.

I go three times a week and they say that is enough. Maybe in summer when I can cut back to part time at work I will go oftener.

Bevb
  #81   ^
Old Fri, Dec-27-02, 09:32

Smile I'll keep going.

Yes, I'll keep going whenever I can. In fact I'm going to call the transportation Company that requires a day ahead call in. I'm going to set up times to be picked up and delivered and returned home instead of relying on friends and neighbors for rides there and back. I think Curves is the best gym I've ever looked into or tried. Vicki
  #82   ^
Old Fri, Dec-27-02, 11:32

Plan: My Own
Stats: 248.5/228.4/150 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 20%
Thumbs up Curves

I have been going to Curves since May 15th. I love it. I have done very well, or at least I am pleased with the results.

I go three times a week also and love it because 30 minutes is not a long time. When nice weather gets back I will ride my bike with dh at night.

Wanted to share my stat with you all. I feel like I have lost a good amount of inches 29 in all.

Bust 4.25 inches
Waist 6.00 inches
Abdomen 6.75 inches
Hips 2.00 inches
Thighs 5.00 inches
Claves 4.00 inches
Arms 1.00 inches

I am glad that a Curves has come to our area. As a matter of fact there are several and all doing well.

I would also like to share that Mother, 80 years old, goes 5 days a week and loves it.

Windy(Linda)
  #83   ^
Old Fri, Dec-27-02, 12:26

Smile It works!!

I ahve to agree. Curves really works. I've got to go today. Vicki
  #84   ^
Old Sat, Dec-28-02, 05:44

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 266/197/168 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 70%

Curves does work!!!

I started Nov 4th and I lost 11 lbs and 6.5 inches but I have a question anyone gain inches, they said I gain 2 inches on my thighs. it doesn't seem right because my pants are baggy.

Maybe i won't know until my next weigh and measure on the 4th.

Wishing you all well.

Kathy
  #85   ^
Old Sat, Dec-28-02, 07:19

Smile

Kathy,
You are doing great. They told me that it can depend on who is doing the measuring. They might hold the tape differently. Also you are building muscle and that may also be the reason why.
If your clothes are feeling looser in that area, I wouldn't worry about it.
I have noticed my pants seem looser in that area also, but thighs did not change in size.

Also wearing different style bra can make that area measure differently. I now try to wear the same clothes for weigh in at least until they get really big, which I hope is soon.

Bevb
  #86   ^
Old Tue, Dec-31-02, 14:14

BF:

Another question about Curves. Does anyone count the reps they do on each machine?

I was trying to get at least 12 in then worked up to 14 now I'm at 16 on most machines (not the squat - that is killer for me).

One of the staff told me if i could do one more rep on a machine I wasn't working the machine.

Now I feel like I have reallly workout when I leave there, I thought it woud get easier to do but it's harder.
  #87   ^
Old Tue, Dec-31-02, 18:44

Smile

Hi Kathy
I don't count the reps every time, but do once in awhile just to see where I am at. After 4 months I can do 20 on almost all the machines except the Beast as we call the squat machine. I probably will never do 20 on there, but that's not real important as being able to do what I can. I am able to do 12 to 15 on there.
I wouldn't worry about it, it will come.

When I started Curves I was lucky I could do 10 on each one. I am 64 yrs old so anyone younger should be able to do more.
Try to work as hard as you can on each one, it will be easier.

BevB
  #88   ^
Old Wed, Jan-01-03, 02:39

BF:

Bevb,

Thanks for your input, you put me to shame on the machines. I will work up to it, I've been going about 2 months now.

Measure and weigh day is the 4th. I'm going to get it done on the 2nd though to start the new year.

Soon I'll be up on the machines I try to go as fast as possible so I just have to continue to push it.

BTW - we can the squat Hannibal.
  #89   ^
Old Wed, Jan-01-03, 10:58

Plan: My Own
Stats: 248.5/228.4/150 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 20%
Smile

I have never counted the reps but will do so now. We call the squatas the Killer and it is.

Happy New Years all.

Windy
  #90   ^
Old Sun, Jan-05-03, 01:47

BF:

Hello Curves people where are you??

I had to post my measures and weight loss. they have dropped significantly. I only lost 5.5 lbs this month and I have lost 6 inches. For a total of 26.5 lbs and 12.5 inches in 9.5 weeks.

What are others stats in this, I thought that combined with Atkins that I would be losing quicker.

I am not patient, I've been working the machines hard and have not cheated on my diet. Now I am getting some advice that the jump start their loss, someone went off for a day or 2 and got back on and started to drop weight really well. Any comments?

Thanks. Kathy