Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Tue, Oct-15-02, 11:38

Plan: Atkins / Curves
Stats: 182.0/182.0/150 Female 5'6"
BF:27.2
Progress: 0%

Daise - thanks for your reply - that makes me feel better. At least with the weather a bit cooler now it will help too.

Vikki
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Tue, Oct-15-02, 12:26

Plan: PP
Stats: 291.5/242/145
BF:
Progress: 34%

I'm a red-faced sweater as well!

At my Curves, they always have a basket of washcloths and they also have some nice BodyShop sprays, etc.

I get a washcloth all wet & soapy and in the washroom I wash under my arms, etc and put on deodarant and clean clothes and go back to work! It seems to work fine.
  #63   ^
Old Wed, Oct-16-02, 15:55

Plan: Atkins/Dr. Bernstein, Gym Workouts
Stats: 271.8/190/170 Female 5'6.5"
BF:41.9%/40.2%/??
Progress: 80%
Smile New Curves in Richmond, BC

A Curves for Women just opened here in Richmond, BC yesterday if any of you locals are interested in checking it out. I signed up after reading all the great comments in this forum - so thank you every one!

They have a signup special for the first 100 members, 66% off the initial payment, so it's definitely a deal if you're at all interested.

They are located by the Canadian Tire in Ironwood (Steveston Hwy & #5 Road) There is a new building towards the back of the complex so you don't easily see it from the street, but that's where they are!

I'm looking forward to some great results. I'm almost at 60 lbs lost and I feel my body getting kind of spongy because of the lack of fat under my skin... so time to tone up!
  #64   ^
Old Mon, Oct-21-02, 15:48

Plan: Low carb WW
Stats: 238/225/180
BF:35
Progress: 22%
Talking I love it

Hello I have been going to Curves for 4 months now. When mine opened up I joined and they waved the sign up fee. I did sign a contract so I would get my butt there everyday. I pay $29.00 a month. I lost a total of 9 1/2 inches my first month. I have lost a total of 13 inches so far. I have lost 11 pounds on their diet as well It is similar to Atkin's. I would reccomend you go for the week trial period then let it speak for itself. You feel great after you go. I sweat more than I evfer did at the gym or Jazzercise. Good Luck!
  #65   ^
Old Wed, Oct-23-02, 04:39

Plan: atkins
Stats: 209/179/150
BF:45.1/43.3/??
Progress: 51%

HI,
Just had to reply to this thread. I just finished my first month at Curves and lost 5 1/2 inches and 1.5% body fat. I am so happy. I have been on Atkins since January and lose very slowly, knew I had to do something else to get this weight moving again. I have lost 30 lbs so far, but if I lose 1 lb a month I am lucky.
I am 64 yrs old and hypothyroid which makes it much harder.
Needless to say, my weight stayed the same in this first month, but I figure it is more muscle weight. I am hoping the weight will start moving too in the second month.
I really enjoy Curves, not hard for an older person and I am in and out in no time.
I go three times a week and on other days use the threadmill and am going a mile a day and will work up to more eventually.
It is getting too cold here to walk outside unless we have a few more nice fall days.
I really enjoy this thread to see how others are doing.
Bev in Wisconsin
  #66   ^
Old Wed, Oct-30-02, 14:55

Bevb

How long did it take you to see results - yours are fantastic in the first month - I hope I can achieve the same. I've done 4 sessions so far and really look forward to going and doing the circuit. I just can't wait to see some results for more inspiriation.

Thanks.
  #67   ^
Old Wed, Oct-30-02, 17:57

HI
Curves weighs once every month you are there, this was my first month. I really can't see the difference, but I sure can feel it. I feel so much stronger than before. I did not lose any weight, but didn't gain either. I think the reason is building muscle that weighs more, but my clothes are showing the difference. I have been on Atkins since January and have lost 30 lbs. As I work on a computer all day, I knew I needed more to get off this stall I was in.
I think Curves will do it, can't wait till next month to see what happens. I get weighed and measured the 21st of each month.

Bev
  #68   ^
Old Fri, Nov-01-02, 10:47

Plan: My own
Stats: 165.5/155/135 Female 5'2"
BF:Too much
Progress: 34%
Unhappy HELP Been a member for 6 mos now....

I have been a member for 6 mos now I am 5'2" and 150 lbs I have
lost some inches (that is if they were measuring me in the same spots) which is debateable anyway, I would have thought since I have been watching what I am eating in comparison to before I joined that I wouldve lost some weight by now.... at which point exactly is this muscle supposed to burn this fat off?? Do I have to low carb for results ? Obviously just exercise isnt enough...
Anyone else have similiar results or ideas of whats going on???
  #69   ^
Old Fri, Nov-01-02, 20:49

Hi
You are probably building more muscle which weighs more than fat so you might not notice the change in weight as much as the change in inches.
I have been on Atkins since January and am in a stall so started Curves. I did not lose weight in the first month of Curves, but I didn't gain any either.
I think to lose weight you also need a good eating program, but it will take time to for a weight lose to show because of muscle weight. You should see your self toning though. Do you feel stronger, I certainly do. I can climb stairs faster and not get winded. My legs do not get as tired anymore. I feel better all around. And I am 64 years old.
I still have a long way to go, but I will keep working at it.
So have patience and it will certainly start showing all your hard work.

Bev
  #70   ^
Old Wed, Nov-06-02, 14:11

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 104/108/104 Female 5' 3"
BF:22%/17%/14%
Progress: 200%

Bev:

I started exercising in 1985. Today I am 42. I don't remember what lead to this statement the other day but my couch potato husband remarked: "In 10 years, you won't be doing all of this exercising anymore."
  #71   ^
Old Fri, Nov-08-02, 19:44

Plan: mix of IF and Keto diet
Stats: 283/256/150 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default Excuse me, ladies ...but could you help me out

I am looking to find info on the diet that Curves puts out called the "Heavin Formula ". Are any of you following this weight loss method along with your Curves routine?

A few of us got a thread started inquiring about the diet. In order to keep exercise talk separate from the diet talk, would you mind responding to my question about the Heavin Formula diet under the following thread (hope this shortcut works) : http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...&threadid=69068

I hope you don't mind the added inconvenience of having to put your answers under another thread.
  #72   ^
Old Thu, Nov-14-02, 11:04

I've been going to Curves since October 24, 3 x per week - I feel great, have lost weight and inches (don't know yet how much, because I'm not weighing in until next Thursday, but my clothes feel looser). I am following the curves WOL, which is LC and LF - a lot wouldn't like it because at first you're hungry, but it fits me much better because it's less food intake, I'm still keeping my fat content relatively high, eat protein with every meal and don't feel deprived at all.
  #73   ^
Old Sat, Nov-16-02, 11:44

Plan: Lchf
Stats: 340/246/170 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 55%
Smile Just joined today!!

Hi everyone~
I just joined Curves today!! My sister goes and has for about 2 years. She never has had a weight problem ans is pretty small......normal I guess.........she has toned up so much..........lost 20 inches over all and 12 lbs..........I am so excited about starting!!!
  #74   ^
Old Mon, Nov-18-02, 12:06

Plan: Atkins/Dr. Bernstein, Gym Workouts
Stats: 271.8/190/170 Female 5'6.5"
BF:41.9%/40.2%/??
Progress: 80%

Had my first re-measurement session at Curves today, was very hesitant about results because I was wearing jeans and a sweater when I was first measured, and this time was in work out clothes.... she started, and after each one all I could think was "no way" (too many inches gone)... then she got to my abdomen and hips and they were the same - so I guess the others were accurate - quite a surprise!

Body fat % was only down a little bit, but all in all I'm happy with the results in that I think I only made it 3X a week, two of the weeks, 2X one week, and missed last week totally! Now I really need to ramp it up as my next measuring session will need to keep me focused during the Chritmas season.

I must say too, I'm really surprised at how there hasn't been a bordeom factor settle in with me. I thought that would be a big problem, but I think it's because it feels like you're in and out of there so fast! I'm loving it so far!

Sandra
  #75   ^
Old Mon, Nov-18-02, 12:17

Plan: Lchf
Stats: 340/246/170 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 55%
Default curves

Hi sandra~
Sounds like you are doing fine!!

I start tonight, first time, I am really excited that I have finally gotten up the steam to begin!! I'm going to try and go at least three times aweek........life happens I know!! Gonna try at least..................I want to see a difference. Like you said, a great motivator to get thru the holidays~

Keep up the good fight~