Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Dec-06-06, 08:50

Plan: just low carb
Stats: 220/210/130 Female 5 11
BF:
Progress:
Angry No more insults

Yesterday I made up my mind to lose this weight once and for all. I got insulted by a bus driver who told me to get down due to my weight. That is the last time I will let someone poke me because of my size.

I tried to act tough but I was so embarrassed. I guess it was my turning point and I hope to ride on that feeling till I reach my goal. I am currently a size 26 and my goal is a size 10.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Dec-06-06, 08:56
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins 1st, South Beach
Stats: 204/180/155 Female 5' 4''
BF:
Progress: 49%

Oh honey, I'm so sorry. I know you feel beat down right now, and thats the first place to start. I got really mad recently and started changing my thinking. Take a look at my journal, a friend put one of my own posts in it to remind me when I get down to keep my head up. Best of luck to you and stay in touch. I really feel for you.

Your friend, Margie
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Dec-06-06, 08:58

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 296/178/150 Female 5'5"
BF:Much less
Progress: 81%

Good grief! 220 is not even that much if you are 5'11" tall! That driver was being a jerk! Don't let a negative comment from a stranger make you feel bad. Low carb is a great way to lose weight and improve your health, so go into it with a positive attitude and lose the pounds for YOU.

Sunny!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Dec-06-06, 10:05

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 163/157.8/130 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 16%

He must have had some issues of his own. Some people are in desperate need of humbling but the world usually catches up with them. Humility is often not a lesson easily learned.

And I noticed that your goal is 130 at 5'11"... lol... mine is 135 at 5'2" I'll bet that you are already gorgeous and losing some weight and improving your health will only help you to see it.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Dec-06-06, 10:27

Plan: atkins
Stats: 210/126/127 Female 5ft 7in
BF:
Progress: 101%

It was something similar that happened to me that made me determined to lose weight. The bus driver was an ~rsehole, but use it to your advantage, as indeed you are. Then go back and seek him out when you've lost the weight!!!

Jo
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Dec-06-06, 11:02

Stats: 156/146.8/139 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 54%

What a jerk the driver was!!!!!! I hope you reported him!

You have some excellent motivation and seem very determined. All the best!

Julie
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Dec-06-06, 11:23
Clueless. ODAAT.

Plan: Intuitive Eating
Stats: 290.6/290.6/180 Female 5'10"
BF:I do not care!
Progress: 0%

I found out recently a place I used to tan is now making all tanners weigh in because, evidently, someone fairly big had used a tanning bed and cracked the acrylic sheet over the bulbs.

I'm glad I don't go there anymore...the insult of having to weigh before tanning (I guess their limit is now 250 - and I started at 280!) would drive me over the edge with rage.

What a bunch of rude people inhabit the world with us!!!!!!!!!!!
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Dec-06-06, 12:18
Life is good!

Stats: 181/167.5/150 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 44%

Rude, intolerant and ignorant people share our world...but so do people like those on these boards: supportive, understanding and willing to help! Thank goodness we have "us" to turn to!

Ignore that bus driver's comment, Chayll. Use this way of eating for your health and well-being (and weight loss!). Don't waste any more time or energy focusing on that negativity.

And welcome to our community!

Courtney
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Dec-07-06, 03:36

Plan: just low carb
Stats: 220/210/130 Female 5 11
BF:
Progress:

My God what wonderful support. I am in tears as I write this mail. I did not think anyone would reply my thread though I was secretly hoping someone will and now I have about 8! replies.

I am sooooooooooo happy that I found this community. Thank you guys so much. I am so energized now that I know this time I will make it. I have never felt such support in a looooooooooooong time. Thanks again.
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Dec-07-06, 06:50

BF:

^You will make it! I just found this place too and so glad! Sometimes having someone 'on your side' can make all the difference (particularly in times of weakness, temptation, emotional stress, and if there is a set-back)! One day at a time!

(Wyo, I love that Einstein quote )

Last edited by jjj : Thu, Dec-07-06 at 06:56.
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Dec-07-06, 08:21

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 262.2/247.2/204 Female 5ft 1/2 inch
BF:
Progress: 26%

Chayll, I've been reading where lots of ppl have been insulted like this, On the thread about what kick started you. It's sad but true, that you are not alone. Mine was a little bastard at our local pool! All the best to you and JJJ also! we're all just finding this place... Let's GO GIRLS!
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Dec-07-06, 08:31
Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%
Progress: 85%

nevermind(edited)

Quote:
Mine was a little bastard at our local pool!

I just have a hard time believing you would describe a young child in such a manner.

Last edited by KoKo : Thu, Dec-07-06 at 08:46.
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Dec-07-06, 08:35

BF:

lol... this just reminded me; last night when I put on the dress (that is several sizes too small) for my 'before' picture; my six-year-old said with eyebrows raised, "Uh... mom... I think you are going to need a bigger dress". That was cute and funny but not so cute from those who are old enough to know better.

Thanks fatfreeme... and good luck to you as well

Last edited by jjj : Thu, Dec-07-06 at 08:41.
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Dec-07-06, 10:02

Plan: My own.
Stats: 121/121/110 Female 5'3"
BF:21.4/21.4/19.5

I get so mad to hear such things. I served in a country of SKINNY people and was asked dozens of times when I was due. ERRRRRRRRRRRRR!
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Dec-07-06, 10:08
Clueless. ODAAT.

Plan: Intuitive Eating
Stats: 290.6/290.6/180 Female 5'10"
BF:I do not care!

Me too, jjj (on the Einstein quote). Found it in someone's thread here on the forum recently...describes how I approach 'old' problems. Afterall, I created the problem (in this case, was thinking of being overweight) when I was in a different frame of mind...wouldn't I need a new one to fix it???