Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Wed, Jan-10-07, 07:39
Sugar Free & Sober!

Plan: Atkins/maintenance
Stats: 186/155/140 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 67%

I weigh in the morning and also in the nude. The scales at work always show me about 3lbs more than my digital at home but of course, at work im fully dressed. I have decided to only weigh on the one at home. I guess you could count at least 3lbs for being fully clothed and with shoes.
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Wed, Jan-10-07, 07:56
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

In birthday suit, after using the washroom, nose blown, nails trimmed, loose hair brushed out, retainer removed, and no hair clip.

...j/k, it's actually just the first two.
  #63   ^
Old Wed, Jan-10-07, 10:36

Plan: Not sure yet
Stats: 253/218/155 Female 69 inches
BF:D:
Progress: 36%

I guess I'm weird...I weigh only at night, with clothes on (no shoes!) and twice a week.
  #64   ^
Old Wed, Jan-10-07, 15:42

Plan: Atkins(maintenance)
Stats: 154/128/128 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Just bought new scales. Digital ones which show weight, fat and water.

i put on 3lbs overnight cos my old scales were old.

Why is it, I always weigh more on Mondays. By Friday and I am usually back at my maintenance weight. I don't pig out over the weekend.

I normally only weigh myself on Fridays but now I have my new scales its every time I go in the bathroom. I like to see how much of me is water-before peeing, after peeing, before a coffee, after coffee... I hope the novelty wears off soon. My husband noticed I take my socks off every time I go to the loo!!
  #65   ^
Old Wed, Jan-10-07, 19:11

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 338/280/150 Female 65 in
BF:too much
Progress: 31%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicnoc
Just bought new scales. Digital ones which show weight, fat and water.

i put on 3lbs overnight cos my old scales were old.

Why is it, I always weigh more on Mondays. By Friday and I am usually back at my maintenance weight. I don't pig out over the weekend.

I normally only weigh myself on Fridays but now I have my new scales its every time I go in the bathroom. I like to see how much of me is water-before peeing, after peeing, before a coffee, after coffee... I hope the novelty wears off soon. My husband noticed I take my socks off every time I go to the loo!!

i weigh less on fridays too. i don't know why since i eat the exact same way every day not just during the week. although, i haven't really seen a drop in weight in over 3 weeks..i was losing 15 a month but now going into my 3 month i weigh the same as i did going into my 2nd month...frustrating.
  #66   ^
Old Wed, Jan-10-07, 21:40
Never Give Up!

Plan: It's anybody's guess!
Stats: 350/250/160 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacy0912
i was losing 15 a month but now going into my 3 month i weigh the same as i did going into my 2nd month...frustrating.

You may have hit a brief plateau. You've done well so far, so don't worry. Just stay with your plan and exercise routine.

My doctor explained to me that a plateau will happen whenever your body needs to readjust its chemical/enzyme/hormonal balance to fit its new weight. Just be patient (I know, "easy to say, but hard to do"! ), and you will start losing again.

While you're waiting, it might be a good idea to closely re-examine what you've been eating. Have you stopped weighing and measuring your portions? Portion creep can easily sneak up on a person, and is often the cause of "carb creep." Is there any chance you regularly eat some food that might contain hidden carbs? Have you been using a lot of commercial products marked as "sugar-free" or "low-carb"? I know that I fell into the habit of eating these prepared foods during the summer, and I believe that is what caused my 5-month-long stall. These are just a few suggestions for you.

Whatever you do, do not give up and decide that low-carb doesn't work for you, because it clearly is working for you!
  #67   ^
Old Thu, Jan-11-07, 15:39

thanks kisal!
ironically enough i haven't lost my motivation in the slightest. my downfall is splenda and coffee. preferably splenda in my coffee lol. i won't give up my coffee just yet but do think the splenda is doing me in. i don't eat any 'commercial' prepackaged foods so i know that isn't it, unless you count sf jello every once in a while. i was eating a lot of nuts over the holiday season so that could've been it as well. i haven't really been eating them for a little while and the scale looks like it might be on the move again down. today it said 295 then my other 'newer more reliable' scale said 300. usually the newer one is 3 pounds lower than my older one...those are both digital. i have a non digital in the basement, my oldest one of 5 years and that is saying around 295 consistently. so if i am 295 i would be delighted to finally break the 300's...it's a good feeling to finally be out of that dreaded weight range.
  #68   ^
Old Fri, Jan-12-07, 11:00

Plan: South Beach (was Atkins)
Stats: 150/141/125 Female 62 inches
BF:Apparently
Progress: 36%

Nuts are really a problem for me, they stalled me the last time I lost weight. You may find that dropping them really helps.
  #69   ^
Old Fri, Jan-12-07, 11:31

IM NOT IN A STALL, MY SCALES JUST SUCKS!!!!!!!!!

im so excited, went to the doctors today and they said i'm 292!!! i've been a twoerlander for i don't know how long. my dh bought me a new scale for xmas, and although it showed a 2-3 pound lighter weight than my older digital, its been still saying 298. i feel like i've lost weight but i couldn't believe the scale since it hasn't shown a weight loss, or if it has the next day i'd be over 300. i have an older non digital one that is hard to read but i thought this morning it showed 293 or 294. so the doctors scale said 292 and that is with jeans, shirt, bra, socks, after coffee and water...and don't forget days before my TOM... (compared to being nude at home on my digitals). I am over the moon...so there's a good chance i'm in my 280's..i celebrated with a few arbys cheddar melts without the buns...
  #70   ^
Old Fri, Jan-12-07, 11:54
Everyday Sane Psycho

Plan: Bernstein, Keto IFast
Stats: 385/253/160 Female 67.5
BF:14d bsl 400/122/83
Progress: 59%

Quote:
Nude and first thing in the morning. As-a-matter-of-fact, first thing in the morning is the only time i look good in the nude. Something I realized by accident: I weigh 1/2 - 1 lbs less AFTER my shower.

Gee, how can you explain THAT one? Even working in the garden all day I don't accumulate .5-1# of dirt on me

Easy, if the shower is hot enough it makes you lose water, like a sauna. If you are carrying extra water weight and take a shower you will weigh less
  #71   ^
Old Fri, Jan-12-07, 13:39

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 262.2/247.2/204 Female 5ft 1/2 inch
BF:
Progress: 26%
Default should i have one?

I gave awaymy scale a couple years ago, when I was going to TOPS or WW's or something. I have one at work in the health clinic and one at the gym. Always figured that was enough... Should i get one again?
  #72   ^
Old Fri, Jan-12-07, 13:44

BF:

BTW... I have never weighed myself naked.. lol wondering what am i missing??
  #73   ^
Old Fri, Jan-12-07, 15:48
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

You want to weigh yourself when the variables are all pretty much the same. The best way to do that is on the same scales, with the same clothes (or lack thereof), with the same hydration and the same amount of food in the belly. When is that? Well, usually first thing in the morning, naked.

If you try to weight with food in the belly, 4 cups of coffee working their way through the system (a pints a pound, the whole world round), and varying amounts of clothes, on 20 different scales, you might as well just try to guess your weight.
  #74   ^
Old Sat, Jan-13-07, 07:27

BF:

Ok , I see your point. Went to that link from arie (i think it was) but amazon doesn't ship scales to canada.. ? i don t know, it wouldn't let me order it anyway. So its all you guys fault that i went to EBAY and bought a scale, 2 nose studs, a pink watch from AussieLand, and am currently bidding on a USB flash drive and 2 other items! ..but I have a scale on the way! found a pretty good deal and its like the one that was posted from amazon. I know Im not gonna like the Body Fat part of it.

Also, do most of you weigh every day? Can we see a show of hands? I always thought that was a no no..? Maybe Ive put too much stock in what they say at WW and TOPS.?

Last edited by FatFreeMe : Sat, Jan-13-07 at 07:29. Reason: addition
  #75   ^
Old Sat, Jan-13-07, 10:34

would you guys here believe the doctor's scale if it said you were upwards to 10 pounds lighter or your scales at home? i have a new digital one at home with 4 sensors and an older digital one. the newer dig. says a 2-3 pound lower weight than my older digital but they're both 8-10 pounds heavier than the doctor's scale...what would you guys count?