Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > LC Parenting & Pregnancy
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Thu, Oct-12-06, 04:54

Plan: Stillman/Atkins
Stats: 251/251/175 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 0%

I just love little girls clothes. They're so pretty! And all u can do with a little boy is dress him up like a little man.....sure makes second best considering I've always had my "dolls" to play with.

I'm going to find out what I have early too. I asked the last two times. Last pregnancy, believe it or not...my DR didn't want to tell me that I have a girl....she thought I would be upset. But when u've wanted a baby for 5 yrs....and suddenly you find out u are finally having one....how could you get upset?
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Thu, Oct-12-06, 10:44
This is the year

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 194/186.8/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%

With my last pregnancy the ultrasound technician was like that too. She said "are you sure you want to know?" about 5 times. YES YES! !
  #33   ^
Old Sun, Oct-15-06, 17:19

Plan: My Own
Stats: 262/235.4/170 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 29%

i have been feeling sick about an hour after every meal .... i wonder what could be causing that ....

other than that i am doing fine ... need to buy maternity clothes though and i really don't want to spend the money on that ... ughhh.

have a good sunday all !
  #34   ^
Old Fri, Oct-20-06, 18:21

BF:

going on tuesday to find out the sex of the baby ! i am really excited !! i will let you all know once it is official !

how are you ladies this week? i honestly can't beleive i am 20 weeks already ... seems like yesterday....

have a good weekend!
  #35   ^
Old Sat, Oct-21-06, 02:32

BF:

OH hey, you know what happened to me when i was pregnant with # 3 in Canada? The ultrasound technician got flustered when I asked them if by any chance they saw twins instead of a singleton....to which she answered me...."you've already got 2 kids, isn't that enough? And now you are asking if you have twins?" I shut right up, but I think that was discrimination if I've ever seen it.

So I've slowed down on the waking up to pee. YAY! And I am just dying to feel the baby move...but it's still wayyyy to early. I'm not drinking nearly enough water....and I got to work on that. I'm not LCing.....we are just about to celebrate Eid here......
  #36   ^
Old Sat, Oct-21-06, 09:08

BF:

oh my goodness .... that tech was so rude. it was very kind of you not to put her in her place hahaha.

feeling much better today ... i can actually breathe through my nose ! yippee!

going to the store .....

i too need to up my water intake ... ughhh.

have a great weekend ladies
  #37   ^
Old Tue, Oct-24-06, 12:47
This is the year

BF:

Hi Amy - did you find out?
I saw my dentist today who swore up and down he can tell the gender just by looking at the saliva of the mother. So I said "even if it's really early pregnancy?" and then he took a look and told me I'm having a girl. I was laughing so hard because I think he was trying to pull my leg and he was all serious. He never did own up if it was a joke or not but he made a note in my file and told me to call him when I had the sonogram.
Safa, it's good to hear that maybe in a couple weeks the peeing will ease up for a while. I could use the sleep!
  #38   ^
Old Wed, Oct-25-06, 18:05

BF:

i am having another BOY!! i am super excited about that boys love their mommies

feeling great here lately. although heartburn is killing me this time around ...ughhhhhh.
  #39   ^
Old Thu, Oct-26-06, 13:43
This is the year

BF:

Congrats Amy. I'm really looking forward to my u/s now. I think I really got officially excited this week. We have a contractor coming on Sat to look at building an extra bedroom so the reality is more tangible. And my first prenatal is on Monday so I am really starting to enjoy the pregnancy finally.
  #40   ^
Old Fri, Oct-27-06, 21:23

BF:

too cool about building another room

do you care what the sex is or are you indifferent?

hope you ladies have a great weekend !
  #41   ^
Old Sat, Oct-28-06, 03:05

BF:

LOL~saliva buddy!!!

Congrats on the baby boy! LOL!! Boys love their mommies? Oh I have to get me one of them!!

I'm going to the OB/GYN tomorrow.....it's prolly way to early to tell me what I have......but I get to hear a heartbeat, tho??

I'm going to start seriously LCing on the 1st of Nov. I'm going to moderate it....and do some exercise.....I've been so lazy lately and tired.....can hardly keep my.....YAWN....eyes open.

I had scrambled eggs with a piece of cheese for breakfast....it was yummy!!

Have you ever heard people tell you to stay away from fish when you are pregnant? Is that an egyptian thing? Cuz I want some tuna.....
  #42   ^
Old Tue, Oct-31-06, 08:40
This is the year

BF:

I think most of the time I want another girl but then I wonder if that's just b/c we have all the clothing already.
My first prenatal was yesterday and I ended up waiting an hour to get my blood drawn, argh! It was my 2nd to last day before I start work tomorrow so I really didn't want to wste my time like that. Oh well. The ob I picked out is preggo and will be on maternity leave soon, so they assigned me to another one who I don't get to meet until the next appointment. I get to hear a heartbeat then too.
Safa, I'm with you on the exhaustion. I'm still peeing a lot at night but I've been waking at 3 am and not been able to go back to sleep. This morning I actually did go back to sleep and Emily woke up at 4:30. No rest for me.
For breakfast I had a crustless bacon-spinach mini-quiche. I fried the bacon till crispy and chopped up. Then I sauteed fresh spinach in the bacon fat, and chopped it up. I mixed it all in to some eggs, with diced onions, diced yellow bell pepper, shredded cheese, and a little hot sauce. Pour into muffin pan and bake. They're yummy, you get protein and veggies, and they'll be easy to eat on the go when I start work tomorrow. And so far I'm not feeling ill after eating them. I started having some morning sickness this week, usually after eating bread, even though it's whole grain. I have to get better at the low carbing too. The nurse practitioner weighed me yesterday and I had gained 7 pounds, and she said "wow, you're going for a big one this time". Rather rude of her.
  #43   ^
Old Tue, Oct-31-06, 08:44
This is the year

BF:

We have a hurdle in building the room. Here's the layout: we have this huge room in the basement that has a pool table, a small alcove on one of the longer walls, and an area set up for the older kids to watch tv and play video games. We plan to extend a wall from one side of the alcove to the other long wall, add a door and closet. But IMHO, the pool table needs to go b/c you can't have the pool table and the bedrm furniture in there. DH says we should get rid of the old living room set down there, move the pool table to the "living rm" area. Then where will people sit when watching tv????? We never use the pool table anyway, it's just one of the last pieces that he bought and so he wants to hold onto it. So I'm working on wearing him down. I might just list the thing on ebay and be done.
  #44   ^
Old Fri, Nov-03-06, 20:24

BF:

doing good over here feel like a cow ..... but i can feel the baby move often now which makes feeling like a cow worth it

hope everyone is fine !
  #45   ^
Old Tue, Nov-07-06, 20:42

BF:

how are you ladies?

next time i go to the doc i have to take the dreaded glucose test to see if i have GD or not. i am expecting i will ... oh well , not too worried this time around....i know what i have to do.

i have been battling severe heartburn these days ....ughhh.

and nothing seems to help.

the joys of being prego hahah.