Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Australia / New Zealand
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Feb-18-02, 17:29

Plan: Atkins (sort of)
Stats: 167/153/121
BF:
Progress: 30%
Talking Aubergine vs Egplant

To throw the cat amongst the pidgeons.........Asian and Indian dishes call it bringal!!
Remindes me...must work out the likely carb content of mousaka.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Feb-19-02, 00:20
Registered Member

Plan: modified Atkins
Stats: 160/150/112 Female 5ft 5inches
BF:
Progress: 21%

And Italians call it melanzane and put big squashy bits ( not those dried out slices) on pizzas with potato and olives and masses of cheese and it's divine. O Oh! I feel a slip coming on here.
I did eat a big bowl of the stuff last week just cooked in in olive oil and smothered in parmesan (the lowest carb cheese) and salt and pepper.
What is it about eggplant?
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Feb-22-02, 04:23
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 224/194/121 Female 155cm
BF:
Progress: 29%
Smile Interested in your ice-cream Susan

Hi Susan,

Nice meeting u even if it is through here . I am dyinnnggg for some low carb ice-cream and even better if it is vanilla as I don't really like chocolate. Would u b able to share your recipe with me???? I would really appreciate it......also does anybody know of a place in Sydney where I can get low carb food? I have found a low carb soft drink which isn't to bad.....it hardly has any carbs at all......but I am looking for more things that I could buy that are low carb but not having much luck......

So where do I find Marsapone??? Never heard of it and don't want to look like an idiot if someone asks me exactly what it is.....I know it is cheese of some kind but do I find it with all the cheeses are or do I have to go to a deli to get it....???

Thanks so much for your help!!

Karina

#19   ^
Old Fri, Feb-22-02, 04:25
Registered Member

BF:
Default Re: Interested in your ice-cream Susan

Quote:
Originally posted by Karina
Hi Susan,

Nice meeting u even if it is through here . I am dyinnnggg for some low carb ice-cream and even better if it is vanilla as I don't really like chocolate. Would u b able to share your recipe with me???? I would really appreciate it......also does anybody know of a place in Sydney where I can get low carb food? I have found a low carb soft drink which isn't to bad.....it hardly has any carbs at all......but I am looking for more things that I could buy that are low carb but not having much luck......

So where do I find Marsapone??? Never heard of it and don't want to look like an idiot if someone asks me exactly what it is.....I know it is cheese of some kind but do I find it with all the cheeses are or do I have to go to a deli to get it....???

Thanks so much for your help!!

Karina

#20   ^
Old Fri, Feb-22-02, 04:31
Registered Member

BF:
Talking Oops

Sorry everyone I have posted it twice....silly me...

Please forgive me....

Karina

When you know better you do better.....
  #21   ^
Old Fri, Feb-22-02, 12:38

Stats: 238/179/154
BF:
Progress: 70%
Default icecream etc

Hi, Karina
Welcome! - I haven't been a member long, but people are really friendly (seems when it comes to low carbing, there's no OZ-NZ rivalry, we're all in this together).
I hope your low carbing is going well for you.
Icecream: see Sammiejam's recipe earlier in this thread (I haven't tried it yet). re mascarpone and marsala: I asked the same, and no one threw up their hands in horror at my ignorance! See Rosebud's reply earlier in this thread.
Are you a new low carber? (I'm not sure how to get back to yur posting without losing this one!) If so, go easy on the treats until you get carb withdrawal out of your system (more or less - there will be times ...) It's really worth beign tough for a couple of weeks at the start, or any time after you've fallen off the wagon, or if you have a stall you want to break at some stage.
best wishes
  #22   ^
Old Fri, Feb-22-02, 17:22
Registered Member

Plan: modified Atkins
Stats: 160/150/112 Female 5ft 5inches
BF:
Progress: 21%
Default Low Carb Products in Sydney

Karina, you asked about these in your posts: apart from finding the lowest carb regular products, like Sanitarium sugar and salt free peanut butter (1 gram per serve) and Chevaps sausages (half a gram per serve, from Coles), you can order some excellent things from the Sydney based website Picture of Health : www.pictureofhealth.com.au
They have very very low carb chocolate bars, muffin mixes (half a gram per muffin - breakfast life saver) and porridge, amongst other things.
What is the low carb soft drink you have found??
Cali
  #23   ^
Old Sat, Feb-23-02, 21:13
Registered Member

BF:
hi Cali,

The soft drink I have found is called Musashi by SLM u can find them at most health food stores and at Coles......I found the Cola flavour to be the nicest and it states that it has less than 0.1g of carbs....which isn't bad....and it tastes quite ok as well.....

Karina
  #24   ^
Old Sun, Feb-24-02, 07:06

Plan: aitkins
Stats: 198/198/143 Female 155cm
BF:
Progress: 0%

Have you tried Baggy Ice cream, I made it tonight. I didn't have the bags so I used my kids icy drink cup. It is one of those cups that have an insert that you put in the freezer, when you pour a drink in and stir, it goes icy. That sure quelled my craving for icecream. . And no weird American ingredients either .

baggy ice cream

Cheryl
  #25   ^
Old Mon, Feb-25-02, 04:24
Registered Member

BF:

What sweetner did u use?? and so all u do is stick everything in a bag and shake??? sounds to unreal....

Karina

When u know better u do better
  #26   ^
Old Tue, Feb-26-02, 17:22

Plan: aitkins
Stats: 198/198/143 Female 155cm
BF:
Progress: 0%

Karina,

I used Splenda, I don't know how much I added, less than the required amount. I mix a little in and taste test, adding until it right for me.

Cheryl