Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, Sep-16-06, 08:42
Registered Member

Plan: PP/Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 178/137/137 Female 5'6"
BF:28%
Progress: 100%

I'm just so happy that I made it through Induction!

In the last few years, every time I tried to go Low Carb again, I couldn't make it through 2 days. But I was trying to do another plan, where you can eat any carbs you want, just in correct portions per meal. The cravings were still there. I have always had Dr. Atkins books, but I had never done Atkins before, as written. I had done it the "wrong way" back in the mid-90's (eating a pound of bacon at one sitting, etc), but this time I did it in the spirit in which it was written (eat 'til you're satisfied and NO MORE). I made a firm commitment that I would do 2 weeks of Atkins Induction, as written, even if it killed me (or if I had to kill someone else! ).

I armed myself with everything I'd need, including Induction-friendly chocolate truffles (from another book).

What surprised me most was several things:

First, my cravings for chocolate were gone by day 3. I had TERRIBLE cravings for chocolate, all day-every day. I'm pretty sure I gained most of my weight on chocolate chips! I threw the rest of the truffles I made out after that day, and switched to SF jello with AS whipped cream.

Second, I felt very little hunger by day 4. I actually experienced the "you mean lunch was an hour ago?" thing that Dr. A talks about in his book. That was so wonderful.

I started exercising again on day 9. Nothing much, just the Denise Austin Fit & Lite workout at 7 am on Lifetime. I haven't exercised in 5 years (prior to that I was EXTREMELY fit), so I have to start very slowly. It felt so good to stretch and move. I had become so stiff and sedentery.

My sweet-tooth was completely gone by day 10. No desire for sweets at all.

Day 12 was the PTA BBQ, and the chips, macaroni salad and potato salad and dessert table held no allure for me.

Saturday was last day of Induction, and it was my 4 year old's little Dora the Explorer b-day party. I made my out-of-this world, family-favorite, from-scratch chocolate birthday cake, and although I though it looked good, I really didn't want any. I had a little bit of chocolate AS whipped cream, just so I could nibble something while sitting with my family. It really didn't taste that good, and I could have done without it.

Now Induction has ended, 7 pounds lost (4 pounds 1st week, 3 pounds 2nd week), clothes fitting better, feeling fitter and firmer and fully in control of my eating, for the first time in 5 years.

I'm going to do another 14 days of Induction, it's so easy and I'm fine with the food for another 2 weeks. My hubby will be out of town all week and I need the control of cravings/binges that Induction/ketosis gives.

Thanks for letting me share my Induction experience.

Last edited by ElleH : Sun, Sep-17-06 at 06:08. Reason: Update pounds lost!! Yea!!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Sep-16-06, 09:16

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 296/178/150 Female 5'5"
BF:Much less
Progress: 81%

I celebrated one year on Atkins yesterday with over 100 pounds gone for good. I have been on an extended plateau for 11 weeks, so I am finding joy in small accomplishments, now. I have been bouncing back up as much as six pounds with no cheats, but today I was at 192 and that makes me happy!

Sunny!
  #18   ^
Old Sat, Sep-16-06, 21:16

Plan: general
Stats: 210/157/120 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:alot
Progress: 59%

I made it under 200 pounds!!! Even though it's been a little slow for me I stuck to it and wow!!! It's working!!!!!!
  #19   ^
Old Sun, Sep-17-06, 07:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 225/143/155 Female 5'10''
BF:38%/21.4%/24.9%
Progress: 117%

I have been doing Atkins for three years.
I have been under goal for three months as of today.
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Sep-20-06, 13:25
Registered Member

2 things:

2 nights ago, I was putting a few chocolate chips into my kids yogurts, and I almost took a handful and threw them into my mouth out of habit without even thinking! Thankfully, I caught myself and put them back! Whew!

Today was my first "group thing" since starting LC again, a MOPS meeting, with LOTS of food. I brought 2 quiches that were LC, plus a green salad, and I followed my plan, stopped when I was full, and did not sample the sweets. Usually, at things like this, I would just eat and eat and eat some more. That was a big victory for me.
  #21   ^
Old Wed, Sep-20-06, 13:34
~ JUST DO IT!!! ~

Plan: 5% Carbs/75% Fat/20% Prot
Stats: 191/175/150 Female 5'2"
BF:Getting lower
Progress: 39%

My mini goal was to not weigh for a month...
I haven't weighed for 27 days!!! Huge accomplishment for me. I'm can't weight to weigh on 10-1.
  #22   ^
Old Wed, Sep-20-06, 14:18

Stats: 220/147/128 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 79%

I am currently at a weight that I have not seen in a LONG time! I am almost to the 180's and I can't wait to no longer see 190 somthing on the scale!!!
  #23   ^
Old Wed, Sep-20-06, 18:19

Stats: 171/163/150 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 38%

Hey KLC- don't they have sugarless ice cream there? ( not NEARLY as good as the real stuff, but...)
I used to get a sugarless milkshake with no syrup- it was better than nothing!
However, we can eat stuff that other people envy, like tonight I had a steak & cheese sandwich -scraped out of the smushy bread and into a plate- and my friend who is doing something called LA Weightloss was very envious ; )
  #24   ^
Old Thu, Sep-21-06, 07:05

Stats: 171/163/150 Female 5'8"
BF:

Lost 5 lbs so far and I am able to zip and button the pants of my suits this week- this is a big deal because I cannot afford to buy new suits and it was getting to the point where i would leave the pants half undone, covered by my blouse and suit jacket. A not-very-professional look!
  #25   ^
Old Tue, Sep-26-06, 20:00
Registered Member

Took our kids to the National Zoo today. I was totally dreading it, b/c every 3 steps I have to pull my shorts down...you know, they creep up my inner thighs. Well, I only had to fix my shorts maybe 3 times in 3 hours of contstant walking. Now THAT is progress! Yea!
  #26   ^
Old Tue, Sep-26-06, 20:06

Plan: Atkins (veteran)
Stats: 321/206.2/160 Female 5'4"
BF:new scale :(
Progress: 71%

I surpassed my goal to lose 40 pounds by my birthday (Saturday, so we'll see how much I lose by then), and I blew the doors off my doctor when she took my blood pressure and weighed me.

She wants MY diet!!! woohooo
  #27   ^
Old Tue, Sep-26-06, 20:12

Plan: Now SB
Stats: 232.0/220/160 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 17%

My small victory is staying on plan cheat free for 8 days now, I have lost over 8 lbs so I'm happy. My other victory has been w/ my water, every day (except for Sunday) I have gotten at least 3/4 of a gallon of water in, the last few days has been a gallon 1/2 and today was 2 gallons..needless to say I have spent alot of time the potty today!
  #28   ^
Old Tue, Sep-26-06, 21:39
Registered Member

Plan: -
Stats: -/-/- Female -
BF:
Progress: 96%

I've been cheat free for 6 weeks (!) and am finally losing after scaling my calories back. I lost 0.8 pounds this past week.
  #29   ^
Old Tue, Sep-26-06, 21:39

Plan: My own+BFL
Stats: 295/192/170 Female 5'4
BF:46.3/33/25
Progress: 82%

My little victory is I hit 200 today! 70 lbs. gone!
  #30   ^
Old Tue, Sep-26-06, 21:40

Plan: 00000000
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 0000
BF:

I've lost five pounds in the last five days! Gotta love induction, LOL.