Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

View comments Article tools
It's been two weeks and already feeling great
Posted by snm_als
Posted Fri, Aug-25-06
Female 5'6
Plan: Atkins
Stats: 367/245/160
BF:
Progress:
Wink It's been two weeks and already feeling great

Hey Everybody!!

My name is Sharon and I started the atkins diet just a few short weeks ago. I've already lost 30lbs and I feel better than I have in awhile. I'm 22 years old and my starting weight was 367lbs. Just a few short months ago I started getting really depressed mainly because of my weight and I thought I had no way out.(I just wanted to be Happy) Unfortunatly, I tried taking my own life without a fight and woke up the next day in the hospital. I spent a few days in the hospital and was sent home to the very life I tried to end. A month later I was still depressed and using food for comfort over the depression and gaining even more weight until one day a few weeks ago I was sitting on my mother's couch and noticed a Dr. Atkins Revolution book sitting on the book shelf and something kept telling me to pick the book up and take a glance at instead I begin reading It and found it very interesting and wondered if it would really work especially on someone as overweight as me. So I called my Grandmother (my hero) up and asked her about the Low-carb diet because she has been on It before and she told me that it would be perfect for me because I love eating sweets and bread(that's was what was putting on the pounds). That very next day I started the induction part of the diet which meant going cold turkey on the foods that I've been hiding behind for so long but, here I'am two weeks later feeling a lot better and I'm not as depressed as I have been in the months before. I know I' ve only been on the diet for a few weeks and It's not really a big success story but to me it's something that I am accomplishing something I haven't been able to do in a really long time. That's my story so far and it will continue I just want to thank everybody in here because reading you success stories have really helped me alot just knowing I'm not the only one out there and that I too can be successful as you have been. Thanx for listening to me I know its kinda long and I was blabbing on but I just couldn't Help.

Much Love
Article tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Success Photos
Before
Not uploaded yet
In-Progress
Not uploaded yet
After
Not uploaded yet

by SunnyCarol on Sat, Aug-26-06, 11:32

Quote:
It's not really a big success story but to me it's something that I am accomplishing something I haven't been able to do in a really long time.
You are wrong--it's a whopping big success story! Congratulations on your new way of life! You have conquered so much in a short while. I think you were destined to pick up Dr. Atkins' book. He just may have saved your life! He is one of my heroes.

At the young age of 22, you have so much to look forward to for the rest of your healthy life! Embrace this new way of eating and the weight will just melt off. You'll be able to do so many things that you could never do so much overweight. Start looking forward and make plans for things you want to do when you lose a certain amount of pounds. The sky is the limit! You can do anything you set out to do. Learn to choose non-food rewards for every success, and success does not have to be pounds lost. Be creative and start to enjoy life!

I'm looking forward to reading more about your journey to thin and healthy. Just keep going--one day at the time.

Sunny!

15 comments [read all comments]