Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > LC Parenting & Pregnancy
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Mon, May-21-07, 14:07

Plan: atkins
Stats: 164/146.0/135 Female 64 in
BF:38.5/31/20
Progress: 62%

Hi Ladies-

I just noticed that people have been posting here.... somehow I missed the fact in my subscribed threads.

My son (2 in February) has officially potty trained.
I started with giving treats for potty use (horror of horrors, candy). Then when he consistently used the potty I started him in big boy pants. In my experience pull-ups prolong the potty training process. He wears a pullup at night, but is in big boy pants the rest of the day. I still have to ask him if he wants to use the potty when he is busy playing, but otherwise he is very consistent.
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Wed, May-23-07, 08:33

Plan: Atkins72/Paleo/NoGrain/IF
Stats: 285/220/200 Female 5 feet 5.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

We have three kids 4 and under. None of them are allowed to go diaperless until they are REALLY ready to use the potty consistently. We make them really want it - no rewards, no cajoling. My eldest did it late, but she was really ready and never had any problems or accidents. For us, this was the only reasonable way to do it, because we didn't want to pressure and we don't have time for constant mess cleanup. We love diapers and were happy to keep them in diapers as long as possible - we always felt like, what's so great about potty training early? It's just a lot more work.

Janine
  #78   ^
Old Wed, May-23-07, 08:46

Plan: atkins
Stats: 164/146.0/135 Female 64 in
BF:38.5/31/20
Progress: 62%

Quote:
We love diapers and were happy to keep them in diapers as long as possible - we always felt like, what's so great about potty training early? It's just a lot more work.

Personal preference I guess... for me once my kids started pooping big people poop, I was ready for them to use the potty.

Luckily both of my children trained easily. Both were eager to use the potty and neither cared for the feeling of having accidents so after a day or two in big kid pants very few accidents.

For me the downside is all the trips to the potty when eating out, but still I'd rather hang out in the bathroom than change a poop diaper in the middle of my meal.

No, I don't miss diapers. Breastfeeding, babies that can't reach the top of the counters, babies that can't throw things in the toilet, babies that take 2- 2 hour naps, YES. But diapers, definetely no.

Happy LCing!