Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Advanced/High Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Sun, Nov-19-06, 12:02

Plan: 40-40-20
Stats: 118/112/105 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 46%

hey athena ! hey galatia !!

I'm back on track> !!

I had my surgery......................

lol now I have boobs I look more like a woman lol

It's been 2 months now.
I'm just allowed to start lifting very light weights again.

It has been hard for 2 months, not to exercise at all.

Actually, Ive been "cheating" and do brisk walk on my trademill lol.

After 2 months, for the first time today I lifted some weights. Biceps triceps back shoulders... only 2kg to start.

During these 2 months, while I was not exercising at all, I kinda lost my goal, my motivation. I went back to my normal life.

Today, that's a big day. I'M BACK !

I forgot the sensation of lifting a dumbbell... damn, that feel so good.
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Mon, Nov-20-06, 05:54

Plan: low carb
Stats: 173/135.8/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 87%

Marie and Athena!!

Marie, I'm glad everything went well and that's all taken care of now. I would still would love to see pictures of you and Athena both. Anyway.....glad y'all are back.
  #48   ^
Old Mon, Nov-20-06, 14:32

Plan: semi-low carb
Stats: 127/127/114 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default maybe a before and after

would be great for me to get motivated.

I have to say before Labor Day I was super toned! I should be able to get it back.. by New Year's hopefully.

So, I succumbed to emotional eating for the past 11 weeks.
  #49   ^
Old Fri, Dec-08-06, 16:06

Plan: daily exercise,LC,LFat
Stats: 115/108/105 Female 4'11"
BF:caliper16%/15%/12%
Progress: 70%
Default that Jelena lady

It is easy to look like her because she probablly NEVER was fat, she is tall and has a thin build. She has to do weight training so that she isn't skinny.
  #50   ^
Old Fri, Dec-08-06, 16:27

Plan: formerly Atkins
Stats: 350/232/225 Female 5' 8"
BF:mooooo/moo/buff
Progress: 94%

Hehehe I think she looks disgusting. I just stumbled on this thread today, Ii know it's old. She's a rack of bones with no meat on her. Nasty! The other girl pictured is more inspiring and healthier looking to boot.
  #51   ^
Old Mon, Dec-18-06, 00:00
Taking MY Turn

Plan: Intuitive Eating
Stats: 240/220.8/190 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 38%

FWIW there is also the aspect of the photography and editing to "help" this woman who is already at a societal "sweet spot" in terms of her looks (not that I agree).

Check out this retouching site...hover with your mouse over the photo and you'll see how the image has been enhanced. http://www.amydresser.com/retouch.html
  #52   ^
Old Tue, Dec-19-06, 01:54
Faux-foods=Doh!Foods

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 216/180/154 Female 168cm
BF:
Progress: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie2006
hey athena ! hey galatia !!

I'm back on track> !!

I had my surgery......................

lol now I have boobs I look more like a woman lol

It's been 2 months now.
I'm just allowed to start lifting very light weights again.

It has been hard for 2 months, not to exercise at all.

Actually, Ive been "cheating" and do brisk walk on my trademill lol.

After 2 months, for the first time today I lifted some weights. Biceps triceps back shoulders... only 2kg to start.

During these 2 months, while I was not exercising at all, I kinda lost my goal, my motivation. I went back to my normal life.

Today, that's a big day. I'M BACK !

I forgot the sensation of lifting a dumbbell... damn, that feel so good.

Hi Marie,

Why don't you start a Journal? I'd love to see how your progress is going

e
  #53   ^
Old Tue, Dec-19-06, 07:16
Registered Member

Plan: Zero Carb (Meat & Water)
Stats: 000/000/000 Male 72 in
BF:
Progress: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLotus
Hehehe I think she looks disgusting. I just stumbled on this thread today, Ii know it's old. She's a rack of bones with no meat on her. Nasty! The other girl pictured is more inspiring and healthier looking to boot.

As a male, I have to chime in and disagree with you. She looks AWESOME!
  #54   ^
Old Wed, Jan-03-07, 16:55
Registered Member

Plan: Modified CKD
Stats: 170/170/170 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie2006
ps) this girl probably uses steroids too...

at one point, we can't compare our natural bodies to those who use steroids :-)

She doesn't cry out "steroids" to me. She just looks like she's:

1. Not a "hard-gainer" as far as women go
2. Not afraid to lift HEAVY weights and push herself like a guy would

Seriously, it's amazing how much more someone can accomplish naturally if they aren't a hard gainer and on top of this are willing to lift really heavy weights, and you don't turn into the incredible hulk overnight and can give the heavy lifting a rest and up the cardio as soon as you start to notice the muscles getting big.

As a guy who isn't attracted to super muscular bodybuilder women OR supr skinny bag of bones women, I'd also have to say I think she looks great.
  #55   ^
Old Tue, Jan-09-07, 07:43

Default my unrealistic goal

I had to come back and look at this link again. I look at her competition photos versus her everyday photos so I can wakeup and realize how unrealistic I am being. I am being crazy, I need to be happy with having 14% body fat when I am not even a bodybuilder or in competitions. And even competitors don't stay at 9% bodyfat 365 days of the year.
  #56   ^
Old Thu, Jan-25-07, 16:33

Plan: general low carb
Stats: 147/135/120 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 44%

I bet she lifts (on the lighter side) and does cardio, also, I'm guessing she does pilates because of the shapes of her muscles (long and lean, not bulky), and eats a really clean diet.
  #57   ^
Old Fri, Feb-02-07, 21:09

Plan: UD 2.0
Stats: 250/200/200 Male 5'11''
BF:
Progress: 100%

She is an IFBB figure competitor not a bodybuilder. I don't believe figure girls use steroids as figure competitions are geared toward more feminine looking physiques. The IFBB bodybuilders will all be on steroids if they wish to win. Females just don't look that way naturally in most cases. (Hint Hint...Girls, start pushing some barbells around and you'll be lean and hot instead of wasting away into the skinny fat joke that so many women are achieving.)

Look at the difference between tested and non-tested contests and you will how and why steroids are a part of the sport of bodybuilding.

Fat burners of any kind can be useful. They are supplements and can accelerate your already in check diet and workout routine as well as blunt some hunger you may have if you are trying to prepare for a contest or vaction or whatever and getting really lean. Any supps won't make up for a crappy diet and exercise routine. PEACE and keep lifting!
  #58   ^
Old Sat, Feb-03-07, 04:40

BF:
Default Good distinction

Quote:
Originally Posted by msundi83
She is an IFBB figure competitor not a bodybuilder. I don't believe figure girls use steroids as figure competitions are geared toward more feminine looking physiques. The IFBB bodybuilders will all be on steroids if they wish to win. Females just don't look that way naturally in most cases. (Hint Hint...Girls, start pushing some barbells around and you'll be lean and hot instead of wasting away into the skinny fat joke that so many women are achieving.)

Fat burners of any kind can be useful. They are supplements and can accelerate your already in check diet and workout routine as well as blunt some hunger you may have if you are trying to prepare for a contest or vaction or whatever and getting really lean. Any supps won't make up for a crappy diet and exercise routine. PEACE and keep lifting!

between the figure competitor and the bodybuilder. Look through Oxygen magazine to see the difference.

I think I may start taking only 1 Green Tea Diet pill for 80 mg. caffeine (container calls for 2 capsules at 160 mg. caffeine).

This would replace my 16.9 ounce diet Pepesi in the morning as my caffeine intake.
  #59   ^
Old Sat, Feb-03-07, 07:31

Default pills

I have been taking Green-T for a long time. Just for the simple fact of a boost in metabolism. Nothing ever has worked as far as curbing my appetite, except for my coffee, which is my only bad habit.
My body is geared towards looking like the National Aerobics Competion competitors than the Women's Figure competitors. All the definition, just not the large size. I am a cardio machine!
  #60   ^
Old Sat, Feb-03-07, 08:03

BF:
Default So you don't recommend the pills?

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessive
I have been taking Green-T for a long time. Just for the simple fact of a boost in metabolism. Nothing ever has worked as far as curbing my appetite, except for my coffee, which is my only bad habit.
My body is geared towards looking like the National Aerobics Competion competitors than the Women's Figure competitors. All the definition, just not the large size. I am a cardio machine!

I'm still on the fence about them. I don't want to add more caffeine.

Right now I'm thinking about either 1 (not the prescribed 2) Green Tea pill, dropping my soda pop consumption from 16.9 ounces to 12 ounces, or just drinking one or two cups of green tea in the morning.

Thanks for your input.